Sentry City

quozaxx

Re: Sentry City

Real date: January 8; 2009

A newbie to the system wanted to play in my game. The T played the new character Caterwaul. An sound producing Energy Projector.

The heroes arrive at the Mental Hospital. Since the 3rd floor had the super powered crazies. It had both a force field and metal reinforcements protecting the crazies from escaping.

Unfortunately, that also prevented the N-ray vision of both Wraith (who can't see through force fields) and Ocular (who can't see through metal). Strange coincidence huh?

Ocular tries out his new powers. The group feels magic in the air.

Notes from MM on Comrade Bizarre:

"When I mentioned Comrade Bizarre coming out of his vegetative state and being active....Comrade Bizarre...well, let's just call him the russian version of Dr. Bizarre and just as powerful, terrorized the country up until the 70's. When we fought him, the best we could do was for me to steal his staff of power while Dr. Bizarre used his magic to bind his mind into a vegetative state."

"Now, with Dr. Bizarre's magic fading 10 years after his death, Comrade Bizarre's mental bonds have dissolved. He's sane, and pefectly capable of escaping. right now the mystical wards on his cell are still intact, so he can't leave his room, but who knows how long those will last. Now he's waiting for some poor schmuck who doesn't realize he doesn't have to be hand fed his strained peas to come across him."

"Notes on Comrade Bizarre: Most of his spells require use of his hands and his voice, plus he uses several magical items. His specialty is Necromancy, so if it comes down to a fight, I'm...a liability to this team against him...."

Steele goes in and looks for Cindy. MM decides to look for the force field generator to turn it off so the others can look around. When she goes invisible and crosses inside - she is no longer invisible (Comrade's magic)

Steele and MM smell a strong perfume everywhere. and they hear on the intercom: "Director Cartell is a good person... Director Cartell is in charge... Director Cartell is the right person.." and so on

It is obvious by now that Cindy Cartel has taken over the mental hospital and made herself the Director. All of the positions have been taken over by inmates. MM changes the recording to say: "Director Cartell has deceived you....Director Cartell doesn't deserve to be in charge....Director Cartell isn't as smart as you are....Director Cartell should be destroyed for her insolence...etc..."

On the security monitors MM sees: You see Blowtorch as a cook in the kitchen. He is burning the food

You recognize The Flea as the security guard at the front entry - there is a smaller puppet there.

You see Solar Max destroying another security camera on the third floor - he is dressed as a psychologist.

One of the people across the hall is a former hero - Silver Avenger - a former member of PRIMUS

Black Mamba is Cindy's secretary

Mezmo, Black Mamba, Cindy, and Steele are all in Cindy's office.

Steele is ushered in by Irwin / Flea / Handy (multiple personalities complete with puppets - Handy is his hand) who is now chief of security.

Wraith, FF, and Ocular T-port in. They also smell the perfume. It is obvious that the perfume helps with the subliminal recording.

Mezmo asks about Ocular. (Reminder: Ocular has heard voices and Mezmo hears voices; both were once mentalists hooked up to Mezmo's machine. coincidence? I think not)

They even come across a mental patient (a "normal") that compulsively wants to pick daisies. [Fact: The man wanting to pick daisies is based on a game I played in the 90s. He was a simple security guard. My sister-in-law had a mentalist. She told him to pick daisies.

She rolled a very good roll to hit. Used all of her dice. And rolled all 6s for damage.

And every now and again he'd show up in the background, still wanting to pick daisies.]

The former Silver Avenger from PRIMUS tries to help, but can't overcome his mental fears. They hear about Japanese Ghost. According to Silver Avenger: "I doubt if you'd know Japanese Ghost. She broke in here about a year ago and tried to free Snap Shot.

But Snap Shot killed her instead. Now she haunts the Mental Institute."

The Flea starts attacking the trio. They can't find him because he is so small. The Flea mentions that soon everyone will see his dog like he sees him. Alive and not a taxidermied dog.

MM uses her images to conjure up Precious to "attack" Flea. He is off guard enough for the others to find him. MM explains to Flea that Cindy has tricked him. He helps the heroes.

Black Mamba and Mezmo meet Caterwaul at the door (who is in his secret ID delivering a package) Bumpy and him work for Krum now. Caterwaul manages to get far enough away to turn into his hero ID. He attacks Black Mamba and wins. Mezmo headed up stairs.

Meanwhile, Cindy confronts Steele with the tabloid photos of her kissing her alien friend. Steele gets friendly with Cindy, and kisses her unconscious. (a NND attack). Steele entangles her and tells her: "Sorry, 'darling,' but maybe you just don't get it. I didn't suck the air out of you by mistake, I did it because you're a dangerous, psychotic bitch who kidnapped my publicist. I'll have a *much* harder time replacing *him* than I would *you*, if I wanted to, so are you gonna tell me where he is, or should I go ask Mezmo instead? He seems willing to cooperate." Cindy "What???? This has to be some kind of mistake. We are soul mates! We are in LOVE! You love me... Right??? Oh, this has to be that Mystique's fault. She pulled me out of your arms.

Or that mentalist of yours messed with your head! "

Steele: "I wonder if the doctor here has an old trepanation kit... have to be diamond tipped to get through your thick skull, but it might be worth a shot," Steele muttered. "Listen, between the kidnappings and the MASS ARSON AND HOMICIDE attempts, you've completely shot *any* chance you had!" She shouted. "You think I'd *ever* want *anything* to do with a mousy little spoiled mob boss' brat?!? If I'd had half a freakin' clue how big a *bleep* you were I'd have picked somebody else to be a distraction while Ocular changed!"

Cindy tells Steele that Dameon is in Comrade Bizarre's room.

Mezmo meets Freddy on the way up and surrenders on the condition that after everything is done, he can talk to Ocular about the voices.

Caterwual meets MM and decides to help too. They learn (throught the security monitors) that Blowtorch is starting to torch the kitchen. He can control fire now! Not just use a focus.

Ocular and Wraith decide to take on Blowtorch, while Freddy, MM, Caterwaul, and Mezmo go upstairs. Silver Avenger is too scared to help.

More to come....

With the help of Mezmo; Steele, MM, Caterwaul, and Freddy question Cindy further. The find out that Comrade Bizarre is to kill Dameon at 3:00 and it is already almost 3.

Ocular and Wraith take on the new and improved Blowtorch.

MM uses her images to disguise the quartet into inmates. They decide to use the stairs. Thug is unfortunately waiting at the top of the stairs. He is mad that he was "tricked". He punches Mezmo out with one blow.

Freddy, trying to get away from the claustrophobic stairs. Attacks Thug back with an Armor Piercing hit, that barely scratches his hide. Plus, now he looks ever stronger...

MM tries to scare him with an illusion of fire, which doesn't seem to bother him. Steele body slams Thug and knocks him out. He is knocked literally through the floor.

With Thug out the heroes head on through the second floor. They pass by a room. Bumpy is in the room (Note: Bumpy is a also a friend and co-worker of Caterwaul's secret ID)

A man (Snap Shot) has a glowing knife at Bumpy's throat. Bumpy is bleeding, but standing perfectly still. It's like he can't move.

There is blood everywhere and body parts on the wall. The man has additional body parts on his body.

Freddy, the speedster, races in. Suddenly he can't move. Thankfully, his powers only affects physical objects and not energy. Caterwaul hurts him pretty bad.

Meanwhile, Ocular and Wraith use fire extinguishers to help "attack" Blowtorch. Blowtorch summons a fire elemental. They do manage to knock Blowtorch out. They use the large kitchen post to "wrap" Blowtorch up. They hear a "Thud" in the hallway. When they look, they see an unconscious Thug on the floor. and a hole in the ceiling.

They join the others as Steele and Freddy try to save Snap Shot's life, while MM actually tries to make the damage worse, and thus, tries to kill Snap Shot. (She's a vigilante at heart)

Freddy's response: "Mystique, if you don't back away, I will press murder charges against you." Freddy snaps as the ghost woman attempts to re-injure Snap Shot. "Walking away and letting him die is one thing, but actively trying to kill him is completely and utterly wrong no matter how you look at it. I don't give a damn how many times you saved this city or world or whatever in the past, you are WRONG. Caterwaul did the right thing by taking this guy out when he had too, but now you're doing the wrong thing by turning vigilante. So float away now; go deal with your old time wizard friend, reminisce about the old days when morality was much more gray, and killing wasn't always such a bad thing."

After MM leaves Snap Shot alone. Mezmo tells the others what to expect on the 3rd floor:

Let me tell you what to expect on the 3rd floor:

The place looks like chaos. Rooms are partially destroyed. The workers are in the inmate's rooms. The inmates - mostly powered inmates - run the floor.

The room at the very end is the extra security room. That is where Kimmel has his radio jamming device. That is also where the teleportation dampener is.

Kimmel is the blend of technical and scientific genius. He can make just about anything. But he isn't a fighter. He wanted to make everyone into a zombie and resurrect Hitler.

Solar Max hates anything not solar powered. He's the one that tried to melt down that power plant less than a year ago.

Fei Yun was an assassin for hire. He is blind, and has made himself Kimmel's lackey.

Japanese Ghost was killed by Snap Shot. She doesn't speak much English if any at all. She was disguised as a worker to free Snap Shot. I don't know why she wanted to free that lunatic. But died instead.

Doppelgangeraka John Doe. can copy one person's powers. He or she has severe mental issues. Multiple personalities.

And then of course, Comrade Bizarre. He makes everyone else look weak in comparison.

Just at that moment. MM gets the feeling that Comrade Bizarre has broken out of his final mental barrier that Dr. Bizarre put in place all those years ago. He'll be out of his room soon - and 3:00 is moments away!

They head off to the third floor. Having to use the stairs once again.

To be continued....

Real world Date: Feb. 7, 2009

The Guardians finally make it to the third floor. They have to stay close to keep covered by MM's illusion.

Solar Max wants to destroy the machinery that makes the force fields, and dampens teleportation powers. A blind man, stops the Guardians because they are not acting right. When Wraith gets close and tries to act like snap shot. The blind man says "You smell like a woman".

He offers another solution: "I'll tell you what I'd like to do..

I am here by choice. Pretending to be mentally unstable to ensure a comfortable living. But I've had enough of this place.

Japanese Ghost was killed here. I can help her leave this insane asylum. And Doppelganger over here..."

Another person rounds the corner who looks like Irwin. He is carrying a puppet - Mr. Big to be exact.

"He is - how you say - confused. We leave without incident and you can do whatever you want to Comrade Bizarre.

He is who you really want anyways. Isn't it? We are - how you say - unimportant.

Bizarre has - how you say - unorthodox ideas that I do not support.

Simple, yes? We let you by and you let us by?"

MM, who has a prejudice against Japanese (because of Pearl Harbor), doesn't trust Japanese ghost or the blind man. Thanks to some good rolls from Wraith and MM. They realize, as they are trying to pass them in the hallway, that Japanese ghost (who is stuck in the mental institute) is trying to "change places" with another ghost - MM to be exact. They are trying to get "let by", so MM will be stuck in the mental institute for the rest of her undead life and Japanese ghost would be free.

But, like I said, they made their rolls and fought off the trio and won.

The reason Japanese ghost can't "just" leave: She is Japanese, he job was to let Snap Shot out. She would have to do finish that task first - problem - she was killed by Snap Shot, she can't let him loose. If Snap Shot were killed or died; there may be no ritual would be able to release her from the asylum (without extensive research) except by changing places with another ghost. This is actually wants she wants - revenge AND the ability to leave the asylum.

They start attacking when they hear Thug coming back up the stairs. (after all, they JUST left him laying there on the floor - he was bound to heal) They trick Thug into running into Cancerous. Who is large enough to block the machine that prevents teleportation.

Cancerous and Thug break through the reinforced floor. The blind man, Doppelganger, and Japanese ghost all get knocked out.

They go get Comrade Bizarre, who has made Dameon older and himself younger. He now only looks 60 instead of 100. He immediately turns MM against the others. She's affected by necromancy, and he is a necromancer. She attacks the others.

Zimmel, is reading a spell book. After he is done. Comrade says: "I did promise you be head of my undead army. Now, I make that promise come true". Then he kills Zimmel, turning him into an undead.

Freddy takes on MM while the others attack Comrade. He takes it in stride. Freddy goes unconscious and MM breaks out of her mental state.

They all gang up on Comrade and finally knock him out. But, the undead Zimmel reads from the book again and teleports himself away. Comrade talks to the others, finding out that Dr. Bizarre is dead and has been for 10 years.

He says he has some thinking to do, since Dr. Bizarre was his only worthy opponent, says and incantation and teleports away himself.

Before leaving Bizarre promises to return in 7 days. He will return where he first lost to Dr. Bizarre.

Freddy finds out from Rockto that German vampires are coming. MM has a bit psychological disad against vampires. One, after all, did kill her. Freddy and Ocular talk privately.

Freddy and Ocular both had points in their past where they believe that Krum had a hand in giving them their powers.

Precious is a dog made out of dog parts by Irwin / The Flea. He was a taxidermy dog that Irwin "made" talk with his ventriloquism. Now, Comrade Bizarre has raised him from the dead. He is a zombie dog. Precious didn't like being killed by Irwin, and is now the property of MM.

MM: "I know the whole modern day liberal thing is to mollycoddle the criminals, and analyze whether their mommy spanked them too much as children, the damn 60's love generation did a lot towards hurting the justice system. Mind you, I believe in reforming criminals as much as the next person, killing people is a last resort for me too. But when you're fighting Evil, I mean true Evil whether it's Krauts, rapists, child molesters, people like Kimmel or Comrad Bizarre who animate dead loved ones to kill for their own purposes, or serial killers like SnapShot who dismember their victims and wear them as hats, as an American...heck...as a human being...well, I just can't let that stand. They can't be allowed to ever get the chance to kill anyone else."

"That's part of why I won't officially join Primus. As a former victum myself, I'll never put the rights of the criminal over the rights of their victims." Rubs neck subconscously.

SnapShot killed multiple people before he was caught. Instead of being killed himself, he was sent here. Now at least ten more people are dead due to him getting loose, many of whom you know personally, maybe spent time with their families. What are you going to tell them, a bunch of empty placations about your being sorry, but that SnapShot is just misunderstood? That he'll get the best of psychiatric care, basically keeping him in the same situation he's already in, with no true repercussions for his actions, possibly getting thechance to kill again if he gets loose?"

"You think about that as SnapShot lays in the medical ward on life support as you telephone their families to let them know how their loved ones, your colleagues and friends, were killed..."

Steele: "Yeah, but if you're right about Bizarre's spell, and you *had* killed him, we'd have an undead homicidal maniac on our hands, rather than one who's dearly in need of hospitalization," Steele smiled sweetly. "Hon, aren't you the one who lectured everybody about democracy and all that just a day or two ago? About how that's one of the great things about this country? Well, guess what. In the big election between summary execution and actual, you know, rule of law, rule of law won. I'd be perfectly happy to see somebody like SnapShot get himself put on death row, getting Oz'd in tender places by other inmates until they decide to gas him, but that's the justice system's job. Ours is clobbering guys like him until they get put somewhere safe, or decide it's time to put an end to their part of the 'escape, hurt people, get clobbered' cycle.

"Besides. Your whole argument hinges on the idea that, after he's dead, he can't hurt anybody anymore, right?"

MM: Actually, in this case, rule of law didn't win, as 10 more people are dead because they didn't decide to execute him."

"I'll grant you one point though, SnapShot getting killed before Kimmel and Comrad Bizarre getting away may have been bad. That was the circumstances of the situation we were in. Normally, there are necromancers around every corner wanting to bring him back."

"So, by your argument, if he is in need hospitalization, that's fine then, so long as he's not killed? Fine. let's go sever his spinal cord and remove the first five disks from the area around his neck. That way he lives, but he can't hurt anyone else as he'll be crippled from theneck down. Sounds like a good compromise to me."

"Oh, and 'getting Oz'd'? What's Dorothy's act of valiant, though accidental, vigilantism got to do with SnapShot being in jail?"

Steele: "You... don't watch HBO, do you," Steele sighed, shaking her head. "Besides, Miss M, there's still one serious problem you're forgetting - these guys don't go *down* that easy. You kill somebody like SnapShot, and what's gonna keep him from coming back on his *own*? You're living... well, something like it... proof that you don't need a necromancer to make things like that happen. You paralyze him, odds are that one of these days he'll come back packing cybernetic enhancements. Bad guys like him don't stay down."

MM: "Hmmm....then live cremation? No, violent death makes them more likely to come back as a ghost, and I DON'T want him on equal footing."

"Grr...I have never lived my existence based on what ifs, and I can't now. It's not the era in which I was brought up, and thinking before acting isn't the way heroes do things, we're supposed to leap before we look!"

"I say we at least hurt him so bad he needs life support though, cuz then it can always fail. Plus we can do research to reverse the effects of Comrad Bizarre's spell on Damian, or duplicate the effects using SnapShot as the victim."

"What do you suggest for something permanent to stop him from killing anyone else?"

Wraith takes Caterwaul / Jamie and Bumpy back to the Krum Institute. They get paid and leave for the day. They join Ocular and Freddy at a pizza place. They talk about a band called "The Blood Suckers".

Then Wraith returns to Steele just as she talks to Dameon: Wraith walks up just as Steele tears into him.

"Looking for you, you big dope!" Danielle growsed, going to the door and opening it, changing to rip it open if necessary. "What's the big idea, getting kidnapped by a freakin' psychopath and then cutting a deal with Comrade Crazy up there?!? Thirty years of your life, to a Cold Warrior who's past his expiration date?!? Fer chrissakes, Dameon, after that stunt with the camera phone and Taka you're lucky I don't just leave you in here!"

He starts sobbing.

"I... I had to. He was going to either kill me or make him part of his zombie army. I just wanted to talk to Cindy - that's all. How was I supposed to know she'd taken over the place?

Now look at me! I'm a freakin' senior citizen "

(actually he looks to be in his 50s.)

"When I was in his room, he - he promised that if he didn't get a special code from Cindy by 3 p.m. - he'd "take care of me". Lucky for me he let me talk to him.

I found out how much he loved loopholes in that short amount of time. He asked me what I had to offer "

He gives a strange look to Steele.

"Um, he didn't take my first offer. I didn't have anything else to give him. But I realized that he still thought it was in the late 70s. That he'd had been in here for 30 years. So I offered to give him his 30 years back and that would definitely "take care of me" . I'm just glad that Cindy wasn't more specific."

He is sobbing hard now.

"I didn't have a choice. I didn't have a choice. What else was supposed to do? I did what I do best; I talked my way out of the situation. "

MM meanwhile talks to Irwin about Precious: "Honestly Irwin, I thnk a lot of your thinking he liked you and moved for you and played with you was mostly wishful thinking on your part... I think you wanted Precious to be the perfect dog sooo much that you imagined him to be the most loving dog in the world towards you."

"Let me explain something to you, Irwin, okay? You may have built the physically perfect dog, with all the strengths that all the breeds you used have. But Precious isn't the perfect dog, because his emotions and needs weren't taken into account. And now he resents you for what was done to him."

"Would you like to know what the perfect dog is, Irwin? I can tell you if you want...."

Irwin "Yes, I'd like to know. what the perfect dog is."

Irwin, the perfect dog isn't one that's physically perfect. The physical doesn't have anything to do with it, really."

"A dog could have only three legs, be fleabitten, and only see out of one eye and still be the perfect dog."

"No. The perfect dog is the one that loves you unconditionally...always there to cheer you up at the end of a hard day...who'll protect you when you're scared...or lay down next to you at night just to be near you. The perfect dog doesn't need to be smart, or know any tricks. He just needs to be there for you as you should be there for them...."

"Now Precious isn't the perfect dog, as he doesn't like you. Just as you weren't the perfect master for him, as you put all those other dogs that comprised him to sleep, through no fault of their own. But those dogs you took were someone else's perfect dogs, because despite not being the physically best at everything, as you imagined Precious to be...but they were loved by their owners and they in turn loved their owners, which made them the perfect dogs for those specific people. And that was taken away from them, when you took their dogs to try to make what you'd hoped would be your perfect dog...which sadly...turned out not so perfect after all..." Miss Mystique says sadly.

"Do you understand now?"

Irwin: "When I was young, My dad was... mean. The only time he wasn't mean, was when I was watching Lassie. I begged him for a dog, because I knew if I had a good one like Lassie, he wouldn't be mean.

And he'd say "you'll never get one that is perfect."

Then he was mean again.

I was lucky, Mr. Handy kept me company.

One day, my dad got me a dog. But the dog growled at him when he was mean to me.

After that my dad got mean again, and the dog only responded to me." (Which means the dog died)

"He'd say "The reason I... got rid of... the dog, is because he wasn't perfect. "

My dad will love me if I can show him a perfect dog, I just know he will.

That dog did everything you're said, but my dad still said still he wasn't perfect.

So, no, I don't understand."

"Irwin...." Miss Mystique sadly explains. "I think I can explain what happened...."

"Perfection is a matter of perspective and is very subjective. You had the perfect dog, Irwin, because he was nice to you and tried to protect you from your dad when he was mean to you."

"Your dog wasn't perfect in your dad's eyes, not because he wasn't a good dog, but because he wouldn't let your dad hurt you. So your dad killed your dog to hurt you."

Steele, and Wraith joined Freddy and Caterwaul while Ocular went back to talk to Mezmo.

Mezmo looks at MM and Ocular with tired eyes. "Do you know what it's like hearing voices? Being thought that you are insane, but everyone else believing you are not.

Counseling sessions for almost 30 years? Being up half the night for 30 years, because you can't sleep, because the voices won't quiet down.

Ocular heard voices after he was hooked up to that machine. So did I. Ocular got lucky.

Do you want someone else to be put to that kind of torture. I think that I paid my debt to society. I don't know what I'll do if they kick me out of here, if I am proven sane.

I am TIRED Miss Mystique. I am tired of hearing voices. Tired of nobody believing me. and just plain tired. I don't want to patent that thing. I want it destroyed.

Before it does to someone else what it did to me."

Note: Mezmo is talking about his "creation" the Memotron.

The team (minus MM) get together to talk about MM's vigilantism. The player who plays Caterwaul, posts less and less, and less.

Meanwhile Lucy updates MM on vampires: "Let me update you on vampires. Since the last 10 years, extensive research have been done on the blood suckers. When an innocent person - not a willing person - is bit and turned into a vampire; a chemical is released into the person's bloodstream. That chemical makes the person crave blood and crave the desire to make other vampires. The chemical causes the victim to go into a suspended animation, making them seem dead, or more accurately undead.

It IS reversible. It wasn't reversible 10 years ago, but it is reversible. They are chemically dependent innocent people under the influence of a chemical brought on by a bite. There is NO way you can look me in the face and tell me that if you hadn't changed into a vampire instead of a ghost, that you would not have been on a vampire spree like these other innocent people have been.

Another fact you may not know. When the lead vampire - the one that began the epidemic - is treated, or yes killed, the innocent people they have force into vampires revert back to their normal state. Including any innocent people that were killed by vigilante's like you. So you leave a pile of dead people in your path that could have been SAVED.

Are you so stuck on the ideals of vampires only being evil that you can't see that there might be innocent people caught up where they never wanted to be in the first place? You were once almost one of those innocent people Mystique. And yes, there are SOME vampires that are pure evil. Like Blut, Striker, and Ch'ing Shih. They are the lead vampires. They are the ones you need to find."

"They are addicted. If the people they bite can be CURED - with science, not therapy - and not even truly dead, then they are not killing - they are spreading a disease.

There are many out there that overcome those urges and never bite someone or kill. But you just lump them into one large category.

As for Blut. I don't know if he's the one you killed back 60 years ago or not; but my forces say someone with his name is somewhere inside Sentry City and he's sending for German vampires.

Be a hero, save innocent people. Not kill them."

"The problem with you is that you HAVE been at this longer than I've been alive. Your mind is set on believing only black and white. Round them up and kill them all is your policy.

If this were Plague spreading a virus, You'd have no qualms about taking him in to find a cure.

But no, since they are vampires, they have no middle ground. You find what fits your definition of evil and kill it. If you take a few "innocent" people out on your way so be it.

You're worse than Snap Shot. Because you call your killings "justice"."

MM: "So I'm worse than SnapShot, who kills innocent people and wears them for hats, because I prefer to stop evil when it actually kills people?"

"Oh yeah, that makes sense. And you say I'M deluded. Poor little liberal."

"Until you show me actual proof...a vampire that shows all the signs of BEING a vampire....then show him getting cured....I have no reason to believe you.. And that means ALL the signs, Smokes to burns in sunlight, aversion to the cross, burns when splashed with holy water...all of it."

"As entertaining as your little diatribe of accusations has been, I'm leaving. The weather is turning for the worse and I need to get Precious home. Wet dog smells bad enough, wet undead zombie dog...well...that I just fear."

Lucy: "OK, I'll make a deal with you. You bring a vampire in - alive - and I'll cure them in front of you. It takes about 1/2 and hour to make the serum. It has a short half life, so we can't make it ahead of time.

The cure itself takes about an hour. Would THAT deter your killing spree? "

• 2 weeks later...

History bit:

June 6th 1936:

11:00 p.m.

Are you happy Krovis? My fiancé died! She was underground, trapped by dinosaurs, when it collapsed on her! So all I need to do is find Captain Battle.

Randall bursts into the room. “I’ve found Battle for you. I can use a little help with his wounds though.

“Well, there you are. Now do I win?”

Krovis thinks for a minute. “By your own rules, you do not win.”

“What are you talking about?

“In a standard hide-and-seek game, one person is the seeker. You were to seek the others, not have others seek for you. You, in fact, cheated. But everyone did get back. The time rift will close and…

“Wait! Just hide Battle again! I can win this!

“But the terms for the competition have been fulfilled. Everyone is back and therefore the rift will close. You have lost.

I will kill you…

Dr. Bizarre remains practically motionless as he starts to sob.

Krovis approaches him. “You are unready for advancement. I will test you again in 10 years. Meanwhile Rockto will guide you in your lessons on magic.

POP. Krovis disappears and the wedding is returned to normalcy with one gloomy casualty. Victoria remains dead.

Real date: April 4, 2009

The Guardians learn that the alien Krovis has put Thug into the mental hospital as a test for the Guardians.

Note: If you think back, it was very convenient for DEMON to be there when The Dark showed up. It was very convenient for Cindy Cartell to catch Steele with another man, It was very convenient for the floor board to fall through on Freddy during the fire. Plus many more if you read through them.

Whether Krovis was involved with those others or not - we may never know.

Ocular set up house at a PRIMUS safe house. And EVERYONE notices the abundance of bats in the area. Brown bats, Long-ear bats, vampire bats (not actual vampires), and so on.

Freddy discusses with Ocular, Steele, and Wraith on getting MM not to kill again. (or even try to kill as she did with Snap Shot) They even consider turning her in to PRIMUS. Because of the condition of the apartment (and the bat flying by), Freddy asks Ocular to his house to stay until it is safe.

The I ask the personal question if their characters are virgins or not. For the record: Steele, Freddy, and Wraith are not. Ocular, MM, and Caterwaul are.

MM (in her Barbara ID) returns to the church she lives at and shows Sister Cathleen her new "dog". The nun is shocked (to say the least). She tells

MM that there is a large bat upstairs and has called the exterminator.

MM calls in her boyfriend Brian, who discovers that it is not a vampire bat but a Mindoro Striped-faced Fruitbat. The exterminator arrives and the nun screams.

MM confronts the exterminator, and finds that he is trying to kidnap the nun with a gun. Brian offers to take her place and the kidnapper says: "I don't NEED you. I NEED her."

Precious is thrown through the window of the church by a man outside. MM takes the gun away from the kidnapper. Brain covers the kidnapper inside, while MM disguises herself as him. She goes outside as an image of the kidnapper dragging the nun. He meets his accomplace.

MM: Are you sure we have to kidnap a nun? I mean this is a chuch for God's sake..."

Thug: "We know that nuns are virgins. and we need a virgin. What took you so long? " (hence the virgin question)

MM captures the would-be kidnappers.

Notes about vampires:

1. There are three basic classifications of vampire: Lesser Vampires, Greater Vampires, and Lead Vampires.

All vampires are harmed by direct sunlight. All vampires can be killed with a wooden steak to the heart. There are some sources that say that this is only with special wood or wood blessed and treated with holy water. All vampires avoid holy objects. Most vampires avoid garlic. But some Greater and most Lead vampires are unaffected by garlic. It is uncertain if a vampire can enter a dwelling uninvited or not. Vampires do not cast a reflection.

If a person is bit by a Greater or Lead vampire they are usually turned into a Lesser Vampire. Lesser Vampires cannot turn others into Vampires. Lesser Vampire are officially classified as victims. They are under the influence of a chemical enzyme released in the blood stream. This enzyme causes the victim to go into a death-like state, or more accurately an undead-like state. The enzyme also produces a “loyalty toxin” in the blood stream. This makes the victim loyal to any Greater or Lead Vampire. It can be overcome with will power, but most are not that determined. This same enzyme also produces a need for blood, as blood fuels the enzyme. This need can also be overcome with will power, but most are not that determined.

Lesser Vampires can change into vampire bats, and mist, but it is undetermined if they can change into wolves or not.

Greater Vampires can all change into mist, bats, or wolves. They are loyal to the Lead Vampire.

Lead Vampires sometimes have other powers or abilities than Greater vampires. The known Lead Vampires are: Blut (German for “Blood“), Stalker, and Ch’ing Shih (a Chinese Vampire)

Working for the Vampires is: Vesper - a mutant with bat controlling powers; often mistaken for a Vampire

2. For a -2 on Wraith’s Monster Lore roll or a -6 on a General Information roll. (or with some research), you could find that scientist have been heavily studying vampires for the last 10 years. And last year alone, there has been a Cure for Lesser Vampires. This kills off the enzyme, but doesn’t harm the victim. This serum has a very short half life and cannot be produced ahead of time. It takes ½ an hour to produce and about an hour, after it is administered, to take effect. It is uncertain if Greater or Lead vampires would be cured with this serum.

3. If a Greater vampire or Lead vampire is killed, all of the victims that he had affected revert back to normal. It is theorized that if they are given the serum and it takes effect, that their victims would revert back to normal under those circumstances too.

4. There is also a Rock Band in town calling themselves the Blood Suckers. They been dressing as vampires as have their fans.

5. It is very hard to determine the physical difference between a Lesser Vampire and a Greater Vampire. Greater Vampire have willingly given themselves over to the vampire way. It is rumored that Lead Vampires got their status from selling their soul. Greater Vampire tend to be paler than Lesser Vampires.

• 2 weeks later...

MM goes with Brian to get Precious a collar and leash and sees many caged bats, and rats. A pack of 4 wolves attack - in the daytime no less. MM Knocks them out.

Ocular is staying with Freddy and Kevin (aka Kid). Kid has a prophetic dream. He saw Freddy, Ocular, and Wraith as vampires.

Steele has breakfast with Taka the alien. He shows Steele his standard Earth disguise. While Wraith (as secret ID Rena) heads to the mall with Opaque and Glow, but sees MM knocking out a pack of wolves.

Caterwaul (aka Jamie) goes to work from Krum, and gets the job of rounding up bats. They get extra money if they bag some wolves. Of course he sees 4 unconscious wolves. Easy money.

Steele contacts MM via the church (and nun) she stays with. MM finds out that Father Jameson is missing (her contact). Steele tells the nun about MM's killing desires and MM and the nun talk. (I'll save you the details).

The group gets together in front of the church. Then they move onto PRIMUS headquarters where Lucy and Krum are waiting for them.

• 2 weeks later...

The group is called to a meeting at PRIMUS. Krum and his followers are there, plus a member from Beacon. I put Chiller, and Mimi as Krum's followers since the actual players didn't get to play them much. I also included Freight Train and a new member Rain Cloud. (who has been responsible for the rain lately to distract the bats)

Scary demons, vengeful ghosts, wicked witches, inhuman spirits, and rabid wererats. And these are just the good guys...

Beacons is an organization that employs supernatural creatures to fight off the rising tide of supernatural evil.

Beacons in the Night is a game where the players are all monsters of one sort or another. They have been recruited by an out of date organization in order to continue the supernatural fight between good and evil into the modern age. The Beacons organization has some resources, but the current head of Beacons, William Armitage Orlocke, is due to die soon, and then the new recruits will be on their own.

Beacons of the night was one of the many role playing game on Hero Central. MM had it as a "watched". So I made it into a permanent part of this game too.

The head of Becon is Justin Mars.

Lucy: "America has a supernatural problem Beacon is the leader in supernatural problems. It's a lot bigger than we thought. Krum also has information that may shine light on the bat problem we are observing. Mr. Mars if you would "

Mr. Mars stands up. "Vampire, We all know them from legend. I'm here to sort fact from fiction.

Vlad III, Prince of Wallachia, better known as Vlad the Impaler, better known as Dracula. Sold his soul for eternal life back in 1456. The price of that eternal life was bought through a demon. Dracula would not only have to drink blood for eternity, he also infected each person, and made them into vampires themselves.

Long story short: he was eventually killed by Van Helsing. Yes the original vampire was killed by a German man and all his victims returned to normal.

For centuries everyone thought it was over. Way back in 1914, just before World War I. Three men sought to become vampires themselves. They went out of their way to devour and kill. They were Blut from Germany, Stalker from Russia, and Ch'ing Shih from China. They became the Lead Vampires and went their separate ways to conquer the world. Make others into vampires. Because whoever they bit were loyal to them.

But whoever they bit didn't make others into vampires. They became Lesser Vampires. They didn't understand why. They wanted an army of vampires. But in 1940 one of their most loyal vampires had killed 100 people by just biting them. He begged to be bit again by Blut. When he did, he became more pale. After that he was also able to make others into Lesser Vampires. So he was the first Greater Vampire.

It was soon discovered that not everyone who was bitten twice would become a Greater Vampire. They must desire it more than anything else. They must WANT to kill and make others into loyal followers to become Greater Vampires.

To tell a Greater Vampire from a Lesser Vampire. Greater Vampires have 2 bite marks on their necks instead of one. Lesser Vampires heal any additional bite marks.

You can debate all you want if Greater Vampires should be killed or not. But a year ago a Greater Vampire was killed and all his victims were reverted to normal. Ms. Lu here says that the serum that can cure Lesser Vampires will work on Greater ones. So your job, will be capture alive A Greater Vampire. Over to you Mr. Krum"

"Thank you Mr. Mars(hiss). Everyone here has seen an uprising of bat activity lately. Vampires(hiss)have been sighted in 6 different areas(hiss). They can control bats(hiss), rats(hiss), and wolves(hiss). Some can even turn into them.

They have also recruited a mutant named Vesper. Vesper can see through the eyes(hiss) of bats(hiss).

I propose that the Sentries(hiss) and the Guardians(hiss) team up in teams(hiss) of 2, and search those areas(hiss) for vampire activity and see if we can locate and capture a Greater Vampire."

"So far we have made a "weapon" that will shoot the reverting serum. But so far it must be used quickly. So it would be better if we knew where the vampires(hiss) are.

The warehouse district is where one set of vampires(hiss) were seen. Are you Guardians(hiss) prepared? Do you have garlic, religious(hiss) symbols(hiss)?, holy water?

Rain Cloud made it rain last night, so the bats(hiss) would have trouble seeing were they are going. He will make it rain tonight too. I already have my newer employees(hiss) gathering as(hiss) many bats(hiss) as(hiss) they can find. I personally think we are burning daylight discussing this(hiss) "

Krum actually seems agitated at the last remark.

Lucy "We need to know if their are any more questions before we move out. I don't even know what the Guardians think about joining up with you. I'm still not convinced if that's the best course of action."

Krum slams his fist on the table "Of course it's(HISS) the best course of action! Don't you see? The vampires(HISS) have purposely divided into sections(HISS) to weaken us(HISS). Divide and conquer. Do you really think that it is(HISS) a coincidence that both our teams(HISS) know about the shipment coming in 2 more days(HISS)? "

Krum sits back down "Sorry, I just don't want to see any of my employees(hiss) becoming vampires(hiss)"

After an uncomfortable moment.

Mimi "How do we know if Lesser vampires won't revert back to normal?"

Justin "The serum was perfected just 2 years ago. I should know that it works. I was one of the first ones cured "

Lucy and MM have words about killing Greater and lead vampires.

Caterwaul joins the gang late. While gathering bats for Krum, he saw a warehouse. He saw Vesper there.

Krum "I know that place. VIPER used it years(hiss) ago. It has a massive secret underground section. If they used both the above ground and underground sections(hiss), you could fit literally thousands(hiss) of people there. We are going to need all of PRIMUS(hiss), Guardians(hiss), and Sentries(hiss) on this one."

They brainstorm for ideas. They think that Solar Max from the mental institute uses solar energy - they could use him to help fight the vampires. Also, they realize that Doppleganger could copy Solar Max's powers and help also.

MM suggests: "Freddy, you can do this the fastest. Can you head to the five and dime and buy out their selection of water pistols?"

"Wraith, can you hit the local Goth store and pick up as many Cross necklaces as you can? Yeah, I know they carry them for the wrong reasons, but they're at least the larger ones."

"Ocular and Steele. Can you hit the other churches and get as much Holy Water as you can? I'll hit St. Andrews, and take care of the Garlic. I've got strands of it around my doors and windows I can grab."

"Lucy, can you find some kind of depowerment cuffs with remote switches for Doppleganger and Solar Max? If they decide to escape afterwards, or during, we need a way to come up with some way to take them down quickly. Oh and devise rewards for bothof them should they follow thru and help us...."

The players use their many xp they haven't used to upgrade their characters. (after realizing this may not be the usual "walk in the park" they've had in the past.)

The Viper's former nest is 10 hexes under the warehouse. It is a very, very, very large warehouse.

In private, Krum talks to MM:

I was hoping you were going to ask to join the Sentries(hiss).

We don't exactly think like PRIMUS(hiss) does(hiss). For example: Our transport plane, the one we use most often - we stole it from VIPER, renamed it, and made it our own. Now what would happen if PRIMUS(hiss) knew that?

They would put it in their evidence lock up until the cows(hiss) came home. "

He looks at you and says quietly. "PIRMUS(hiss) is afraid to get their hands(hiss) dirty. I know that you are not. The Sentries(hiss) are not afraid to get their hands(hiss) a little dirty if it is(hiss) for the right cause. But there are ways(hiss) to do that effectively.

Telling PRIMUS(hiss) you don't plan on holding back on killing an evil, sadistic, blood sucking demon worshiper, is not a wise idea. They just lock you up, instead of taking care of the problem.

So just think about my proposal. "

MM: "That's the reason I don't officially join PRIMUS or the Guardians. I don't follow the 'rules' well, and refuse to be hindered by the paperwork that hinders the police."

"Though honestly, I haven't killed anyone since just after the war. And I haven't even fought vampires since Dr. Bizarre cast his spell that sealed of the city. The main reason I wanted to take out SnapShot beyond just a coma is the shock of the situation at the time and the visuals reminding me of the remains of Dr, Mengele's experiments when we were liberating the camps near the end of the war...not that I'd go out ofmy way to save his life of course."

"As far as joining the Sentries? Thanks for the offer, but I just don't know. The idea of taking from the criminals to help their victims appeals to my Robin Hood side, but getting paid to fight the Forces of Evil? It just doesn't set right. Mystery Men and Masked Avengers are supposed to do the right thing because it's the right thing to do, not because they expect a reward, to do so just....cheapens what they do and makes them no better than mercenaries. Call me an idealist or out of touch like the others do, but that's the way I feel."

"I've noticed you guys tend to show up AFTER the Guardians have most everything in hand, your team really needs to work on their ability to arrive in the Nick of Time, to do that you need to leap BEFORE you look. I think I can help them with that."

"So tell you what, why don't you consider me on a freelance basis, when you need me, and we'll work out a favor/barter system where you help me out if I help you out? Any rewards I might collect goes to help the victims as well...."

"Thank you for at least considering it.

Please remember, any money made could be donated to a church. I saw one on the way here that looks(hiss) like it needs(hiss) a new door.

Caterwaul's player post very little during this, even with direct questions.

When the group arrives (approaching different areas), they notice a gloomy cloud hanging over the area. Rain Cloud cannot get the cloud to move. No sun support here. They also hear music and see a bus with the words: Blood Suckers

on the side of it.

Inside the upper level, Wraith sees loads of people that look like vampires inside. Probably 100 or more. There is a group of 6 on a make shift stage playing musical instruments. They have Blood Suckers on their vampire outfits. In fact, most of the people in the "audience" do. As she looks closer it is obvious that they are only dressed up as vampires, not real ones. OK, some MIGHT be real. It's too hard to tell.

In the upper level, the only people Wraith sees are in the huge group. She scans the upper level. In the blue steel (the blue area of the upper map), there are caskets. Enough caskets to hold an entire city! There are more bats flying around in the warehouse. She checks an occasional casket. Most are empty. There is a couple with a vampires in it. It would take hours to check them all.

She checks the lower level. The danger room has a force field around it. She can't see in that. She sees more vampires, caskets (this time each with a vampire), bats, rats, and wolves. There must be at least 100 more vampires down here! She does NOT see Blut, Vesper, Striker, or Chi' Shi

Isn't N-ray vision with telescopic sight great?

Wraith takes Brian, Miss Mystique and Caterwaul, to a secure part of the lower level.

Steele, Justin, and Rain Cloud come in from the east, upper level

Ocular and Freight Train take the west, upper level.

Mimi and Freddy take the vehicle service lift (it's what VIPER used when they used this place as a base), if possible.

The ones going to the lower levels notice that the vampires are carrying large shields, with strange symbols on them. MM disguises everyone as vampire (reluctantly) with her images.

MM, Caterwaul, Wraith, and Brian fight some vampires. Brian gets bit, but doesn't turn into a vampire. The shields are protecting the vampires form the holy items, holy water, garlic, and so forth, but they do manage to capture a greater vampire to see if he can be cured or not.

Wraith and Caterwaul take him back to PRIMUS while MM searches for Blut. She kills a vampire in the process. She tries to shut down the danger room where they believe Blut and the others are.

But that doesn't work, so she peaks in the room and sees: There are 3 pentagrams on the floor, perfect for summoning a demon. But 3? Why would they need 3?

Plus the lines extend from the pentagrams. That is usual, unless they want them connected for some reason.

The people in the circles are innocent non vampires. You see Father Jameson and your brother as two of the hostages.

In the center of each pentagram is a smaller pentagram. Blut, Stalker, and Ch'ing Shih are in the middle of those. Plus there are greater vampires on the end of each pentagram.

You (MM) hear over the intercom,an eerily familiar voice "Miss Mystique. I know you are out there somewhere. Do you remember me? I still have the burn marks from our last encounter. Aren't you curious what we have planned?

I am here, in the danger room, waiting for you. Surely I cannot get to you before you take me out.

You see, I figured out something. That nasty neck mark you have... I remember it well, don't you. A dance girl, an empty street, night time, full moon? Ring any bells?

Yes Miss Mystique, I do believe that I am the one to personally bite you. Oh, why did you have to die before you became one of us? You would have made such a beautiful bride."

Miss Mystique gasps at the news that Blut wasthe one who tried to turn her. She starts to panic before his taunts firm up her resolve...

.oO( Even if I cease to exist, i've ot to take him down before he can hurt anyone else... )

Miss Mystique flies towards the control room to confront Blut, making sure to look for wards designed to entrap her on the way...

Meanwhile, Freddy and Mimi take on more than 25 greater vampires, and overconfident Freddy does most of the work. But, alas, Mimi and Freddy were taken out. And because of Freddy's enhanced circulatory system - he became a vampire in under a minute - a loyal vampire.

Steele, Rain Cloud, and Justin Mars head in and are seen by many bats. The ones outside are not vampire bats. 10 people in vampire costumes aim guns at the trio. Justin sees some vampire bats mixed in with the regular bats. The bats inhibit Rain Cloud from doing his Rain Dance (trying to get the crowd to leave)

Vampires bite Rain Cloud and Justin. One lands, turns into a vampire and hypnotizes Steele into lowering her defenses. She is bitten and placed in a coffin.

Ocular, Freight Train, and Chiller come in on 20 people dressed as vampires. Since vampires are undead and thus are colder than alive people; Ocular can sort the real vampires from the pretenders.

The vampires do not seem to be affected by your crosses or garlic.

Chiller holds his cross up. No reaction.

"Are you sure some of these have no heat signature."

Vampire "We are a small group of "good" guys. We have overcome the influence to kill or drink blood. We are going to infiltrate the group and take the "bad" vampires out. We already have some members in the crowd with the singing group."

They convince them to leave peacefully. PRIMUS helps: Lucy "Ok how about Wraith, drop the 30 soldiers, Brian, Solar Max, Doppleganger, and Caterwaul on the East side. Then go to Ocular on the west and load up those captured vampires. Get the Vamps to the treatment center. Then transport Ocular, Freight Train, and Chiller to the East side. After we get the innocent people and the band out we can search for Steele.

With both of your enhanced capabilities, hopefully you'll find her with little trouble.

I hate to say this, but Freddy will have to wait, getting those innocent people out as quickly as possible is our main concern."

To be continued....

This is Fast Freddy as of November 11, 2009 in 5th Edition:

Character’s Name: Fast Freddy

Alternate ID: Freddy Johnston

Player: shooomie

Value: Characteristic: Cost: Roll: OCV: 10

10 STR 0 11- DCV: 10

29 DEX 57 15- ECV: 4

13 CON 6 12- Modifiers: +4 DCV, +2 MP, +4 move by

10 BODY 0 11- Presence Attack: 2d6

13 INT 3 12- Perception Roll: 12-

11 EGO 2 11- PD/rPD 18/12

10 PRE 0 11- ED/rED 18/12

12 COM 1 11- Other defenses: (also +4 multiple move by)

6 PD 4 HTH STR attack roll: 2d6

6 ED 3

6 SPD 21

10 REC 10

30 END 2

30 STUN 8

Total characteristics cost: 117 points

Running: 15”/60” (NC) Leaping H: 11”/44”

Swimming: 11”/44” Leaping V: 5”/22”

Other Movement: Clinging

Skills:

Cost: Skill: Roll:

2 Language: Spanish (fluent)

3 Acrobatics 15-

3 Teamwork 15-

3 Breakfall 15-

2 KS” Heroes/Villains 11-

3 Climbing 15-

3 Concealment 12-

3 Lockpicking 15-

0 PS: Cat Burglar 8-

3 Security systems 12-

3 Stealth 15-

3 Streetwise 11-

Total Skill cost: 60 points

Talents:

Cost: Talent:

12 Combat Luck (6 PD/6 ED)

4 Speed Reading (X10)

Total Talent cost: 16 points

Perks:

Cost: Perk:

0 Contact: Alien (Rockto), Very useful skills, Good relationship, Organization (with other aliens)

0 Contact: PRIMUS. Access to major institute, Useful skills and resources, Good relationship, Organization

2 Reputation: Hero: (Mid-sized group), +2/+2d6, 11-

Total Perk cost: 2 points

Martial Arts: None.

Powers:

Cost: Power Description:

60 Flight Speed: Multipower, 60-point reserve

4u 1) One inch punch. Hand-to-Hand Attack +6d6. Reduced END (½ END, +¼), Double Knock back (+¾), (60 Active points), Hand-to-Hand Attack (-½)

2u 2) Put down your weapons. Telekinesis (16 STR), Reduced END (½ END, +¼), Area Effect Radius (3” Radius, +1), Selective (+¼), (60 Active Points), Only to grab Disarm/Grab Foci (-1), No Range (-½)

3u 3) Quick Strike. Hand-to-Hand Attack +9 ½ d6, Reduced END (½ END, +¼), (60 Active Points), Hand-to-Hand Attack (-½), Reduced Penetration (-¼)

3u 4) Rapid Fire. Energy Blast 9 ½ d6, Reduced END (½ END, +¼), (60 Active points), Extra Time (Full Phase, -½), Limited Range (-½).

4u 5) Speed Punch. Hand-to-Hand Attack +6 ½ d6, Reduced END (½ END, +¼), Armor Piercing (+ ½), (58 Active Points), Hand-to-Hand Attack (-½)

4u 6) Ghost Punch. Reduced END (½ END, +¼), Affects any Desolidfication (+½), (58 Active points) Hand-to-Hand Attack (-½)

5 Life Support: (Intense Cold, Character doesn’t need to sleep)

18 Wind Battered Skin (Total Active 18 points), Damage Resistance (6 PD/6 ED) (Cost: 6 points), plus +6 PD (Cost: 6 points), plus +6 ED (Cost: 6 points)

5 Wind Resistance. +4 CON (8 Active points) No figured characteristics (-½)

10 Impact Resistance. +15 PD, (15 Active Points), Only vs. move-bys and move-through (-½)

22 Kinetic Sense. Detect Movement 12- (Unusual Group), Increased Arc of Perception (240 degrees), Range, Sense, Targeting.

47 Top speed. (Total Active cost: 50). Running +9” (15” total), x4 Noncombat, Reduced END (½ END, +¼), Usable as Swimming (+¼), Usable as Leaping (+¼) (40 Active points) plus Clinging (Normal STR), (10 Active Points) Linked (to running, -½)

2 Teleportation. 1”. Position Shift, Armor Piercing, (+½), (10 Active Points), Increased END (x10 END, -2) Requires and Ego Roll (-½), Only to escape Grabs and Entangles (-½)

Total Power cost: 189 points

Disadvantages:

Cost: Disadvantage:

10 Dependence: Food (high calorie intake), Gain 11- activation, (very common, 1 Hour)

10 Distinctive Features: Always moving / blurry. (Noticed by normal Senses)

10 Physical Limitation: Overconfidence (Frequent, Slightly Imparing)

15 Psychological Limitation: Claustrophobia (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Adrenaline Junkie (Common, Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: Believes in Being a Hero (Very Common, Strong)

5 Reputation: Reformed criminal, 8-

25 Hunted: VIPER 11-, (Mo Pow, Public ID, Harshly Punish)

15 Social Limitation: Public ID (Frequent, Major)

Total Disad Cost: 125 points

Note: I had everything in nice columns. The columns won't stay. It compresses it back to minimal spacing.

Steele in 5th Edition, as of November 25, 2009:

Character’s Name: Steele

Alternate ID: Danielle Walker

Player: jkwleisemann

Value: Characteristic: Cost: Roll: OCV: 6

10 STR 0 11-/23- DCV: 6

18 DEX 24 13- ECV: 5

14 CON 8 12-/14- Modifiers: +4 HTH

13 BODY 6 12- Presence Attack: 4d6

18 INT 8 13- Perception Roll: 13-

14 EGO 8 12- PD/rPD 6 (30) / 0 (12)

20 PRE 10 13- ED/rED 4 (23) / 0 (12)

18 COM 4 13- Other defenses: Missile Deflection

6 PD 4 HTH STR attack roll: 2d6/14d6

4 ED 1

4 SPD 12

8 REC 6

48 END 10

35 STUN 10

Total characteristics cost: 115

Running: 8”/15” (16”/30” NC)

Swimming: 2” / 4”

Leaping H: 2”/21”

Leaping V: 1”/10 ½”

Other Movement:

Skills:

3 PS: Romance Novelist 13-

3 Seduction 13-

3 Conversation 13-

3 Bureaucratics 13-

3 KS: Superhuman World 13-

2 KS; Literature 11-

3 Language: French (fluent, literate)

11 Power: Brick Tricks 17-

3 High Society 13-

Total Skill cost: 54 points

Talents: None

Perks:

1 Reputation: Novelist super heroine (medium group),8-, +1/+1d6

1 Money: Well off

0 Contact: Alien (Taka), Very useful skills, Good relationship, Organization (with other aliens)

0 Contact: PRIMUS. Access to major institute, Useful skills and resources, Good relationship, Organization

Total Perk cost: 2 points

Martial Arts: None

Powers:

50 Steele Heart: Density Increase (2,200 kg mass, +25 STR, +5 PD/ED, -5” KB), Reduced END (0 End +½), Persistent (+½). (50 Active Points)

23 1) Metal Muscles +35 STR (Active Points 35), Linked (Steele Heart -½)

13 2) Hard to Hurt, +10 CON (20 Active Points), Linked (Steele Heart, -½)

24 3) Steele Skin: Armor (12 PD/12 ED), (36 Active Points) Linked (Steele Heart, -½)

20 4) Reflective Ribs: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attacks) Missile Reflection, (40 Active Points) Only vs. Lasers and Light Based Attacks (-½), Linked (Steele Heart, -½)

6 5) Buffed…Body Hardened (+¼), for up to 36 points of Steele Skin (9 Active Points), Linked (Steele Heart, -½)

14 6) Legs of Steele: (Total 21 Active Points) Running +7” (8”/15”total), (14 Active Points), Linked (Steele Heart, -½), plus Leaping +7” (2”/12” forward, 1”/ 6“ Upward) (7 Active Points), Linked (Steele Heart, -½)

47 Brick Tricks: Multipower 70-point reserve, (70 Active Points), all slot Require a Brick Trick Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points. -¼), Linked (Steele Heart, -½)

3u 1) Hammerthrow: Energy Blast 14d6, (70 Active Points) OIF (Heavy Object of Opportunity, -½), Require a Brick Trick Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points. -¼), Linked (Steele Heart, -½)

2u 2) The Big Wrap Up: Entangle 4d6, 5 DEF, (larger wall, +1”), Area of Effect (Hex, +½), (70 Active Points), OIF (Appropriate Materials of Opportunity, -½), No Range (-½), Defense Depends on Materials Used (-½), Require a Brick Trick Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points. -¼), Linked (Steele Heart, -½)

3u 3) Pound the Pavement: Energy Blast 9d6+1, Area of Effect (Hex, +½), (70 Active Points), OIF (Large Objects of Opportunity, -½), Require a Brick Trick Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points. -¼), Linked (Steele Heart, -½)

3u 4) Signature Technique, Knockout Kiss: Energy Blast 4 ½ D6, NND (Self Contained Breathing, +1), Continuous (+1), (69 Active Points), No Range (-½), Must Follow Grab (-½), Require a Brick Trick Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points. -¼), Linked (Steele Heart, -½)

Total Powers cost: 208

Disadvantages:

Cost: Disadvantage:

20 Normal Character Maxima

10 Social Limitation: Famous (Frequent, Minor)

15 Social Limitation: Public ID (Frequent, Major)

20 Psychological Limitation: Code vs. killing (Common, Total)

10 Psychological Limitation: Shameless Flirt (Common, Moderate)

20 Psychological Limitation: Overconfidence (Very Common, Strong)

20 Hunted: Viper 11- (As Pow, Public ID, Harshly Punish)

10 Hunted: Publicist 11- (Less Pow, NCI, Public ID, Watching). Note: Her publicist, Dameon Grey, can be almost as much trouble as the average supervillain!

Total Disadvantage cost: 125

the power that is linked to the another power

receives a -1/2 limitation if it costs less active points than the power it is linked to

the multipower should not be receieving a linked discount

can't see why iron legs provide running and jumping

the hardened advantage should be brought with the armor

Miss Mystique, 5th Edition, November 27, 2009

Character’s Name: Miss Mystique

Alternate ID: Barbara Ann Beacon

Player: Reverend Greg

Value: Characteristic: Cost: Roll: OCV: 7

10 STR 0 11- DCV: 7

20 DEX 30 13- ECV: 5

18 CON 16 13- Modifiers:

10 BODY 0 11- Presence Attack: 2 1/2d6

13 INT 3 12- Perception Roll: 12-

14 EGO 8 12- PD/rPD 8/4

13 PRE 3 12- ED/rED 13/6

18 COM 4 13- Other defenses:

8 PD 6 HTH STR attack roll: 2d6

13 ED 9

4 SPD 10

6 REC 0

50 END 7

24 STUN 0

Total characteristics cost:

Running: 1” (2” NC)

Swimming: 2” / 4”

Leaping H: 2”

Leaping V: 1”

Other Movement: Flight 25” / 50” NC

Skills:

3 Concealment 12-

3 Conversation 12-

1 Criminology 8-

3 High Society 12-

1 Oratory 8-

2 PS: Dancing 11-

3 Scholar

1 1) KS: Catholic Religion, 11-

1 2) KS: History of life/lifetime, 11-

1 3) KS: Magic Rituals and Spells, 11-

1 4) KS: Music and TV, 11-

1 5) KS: Pulp Genre, 11-

1 6) KS: Supernatural Monsters, 11-

1 7) KS: Undead, 11-

3 Seduction 12-

3 Stealth 13-

1 Language: German, (fluent)

Total Skill cost:: 30

Talents: None:

Perks:

3 Well-Connected

1 Contact: Father Daniel Jameson, Parish Priest, (Useful Skills / Resources, Limited by ID, Good relationship, 8-

8 Contact: Justice System: (Useful Skills / Resources), Organization, 11-

3 Follower: Precious

Total Perk cost: 15

Martial Arts:

Cost: Martial Manuver:

4 Choke Hold, ½ Phase, +2 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab One Limb, 5d6 NND

4 Fast Strike, ½ Phase, +2 OCV, +0 DCV, 10d6 Strike

3 Marital Throw, ½ Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, 8d6, +v/5, Target Falls

3 Martial Grab, ½ Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 50 STR for holding on

5 Takeaway, ½ Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab Weapon, 50 STR to take weapon away

24 +6 HTH Damage Classes (already figured in)

Total Martial Arts cost: 43

Powers:

25 Spectral Powers: Elemental Control 50-points powers

43 1) Desolidfication (Affected by magic), Inherent (+¼), Reduced END (0 END, +½), Persistent (+½), (90 Active Points), Always on (-½)

13 2) Healing BODY 1d6, Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection, Reduced END (0 END, +½), Persistent (70 Active Points), Extra Time (5 Minutes, -2), Self Only (-½)

18 3) Sight and Hearing Group Images Increased Size (2” radius, +¼), Cost END only to Activate (+¼), Affects Physical World (+2), (52 Active Points), Concentration throughout constant power (½ DCV, - ½)

25) 4) Life Support: (Doesn’t need to eat or sleep, Safe in High Pressure, Intense Heat and Cold, High Radiation, Low Pressure/Vacuum, Self-Contained Breathing, Immortal, Immune terrestrial poisons, chemical warfare, diseases, and biowarfare.).

17 5) Invisibility to Sight, Hearing, and Touch Groups, No Fringe, Cost END only to Activate (+¼), (50 Active Points), Concentration (0 DCV, -½)

25 6) Flight 25” (50 Active Points)

8 7) Wire Yanking: Minor Transform 1d6(Functional Gizmo to Non-functional Gizmo, Repairs), Auto fire (3 Shots, +¼). NND (Defense affects desolid, or Force Field +1), Affect Physical World (+2), (42 Active Points), Requires a DEX roll (-¾), No Range (-½). Increased END (X2 END, -½), Gestures (-¼), Concentration (½ DCV, -¼)

10 Poltergeist Effect Affects Physical World (+2) Applies to STR (20 Active Points), Increased END (x2 END, -½), Costs END only to Activate (-¼)

9 Desolidfication Invisible to Sight Group, (20 Active Points), Concentration (0 DCV, -½), Increased END (X2 END, -½), Costs END only to Activate (-¼)

6 Instant Change, Cosmetic transform 2d6, Improved Results Group (+¼), (12 Active Points), Limited Target (clothes, -½), Costs END only to Activate (-¼)

5 Damage Resistance (4 PD/6 ED)

Total Powers cost: 204

Disadvantages:

15 Physical Limitation: No body or normal life signs. (Frequent, Greatly Impairing)

10 Physical Limitation: Affected by Necromancy (Infrequent, Greatly Impairing)

15 Hunted: Viper, 11- (Mo Pow. Kill)

10 Distinctive Features: Undead Mystic Aura, (Not concealable, Noticed, Only by Unusual Senses)

5 Distinctive Features: 40’s Throwback (Dress, Speech, etc), (Easily Concealable, Noticed, Common Senses)

15 Physical Limitation: Stopped by Wards, lines of salt, etc (infrequent, Fully Impairing)

20 Vulnerability: 2X Effect, 2X KNB from all attacks that affect her.

15 Dependent DNPC, Brent Beacon (Younger brother, age 77), (Incompetent) 8-

15 Psychological Limitation: Doesn’t trust Japanese, Germans, or vampires, (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Protective of Innocents (Common, Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: Sucker for a man in uniform (Uncommon, Strong)

5 Psychological Limitation: Obsessed with what the afterlife really holds (Uncommon, Moderate)

Total Disadvantage cost: 150

Wraith, 5th Edition, November, 29, 2009

Character’s Name: Wraith

Alternate ID: Rena Annastasia Ramius

Player: Beasttt

Value: Characteristic: Cost: Roll: OCV: 7

15 STR 5 12-/21- DCV: 7

20 DEX 30 13- ECV: 3

15 CON 10 12-/15- Modifiers: +2 HTH,

14 BODY 8 12- Presence Attack: 3 ½ d6

18 INT 8 13- Perception Roll: 13-

10 EGO 0 11- PD/rPD 3/25 (0/15r)

18 PRE 8 13- ED/rED 3/25 (0/15r)

20 COM 5 13- Other defenses: Desolidfication

3 PD 0 HTH STR attack roll: 3d6/11 ½ d6

3 ED 0

3 SPD 0

6 REC 0

30 END 0

30 STUN 0

Total characteristics cost:

Running: 6”/12”

Swimming: 2”/4”

Leaping H: 3”/11 ½” Leaping V: 1 ½”/6”

Other Movement: Flight 16”/64”, Teleport 5”/10”, Tunneling 3”/6”

Skills:

3 Deduction 13-

3 Navigation (Air, land) 13-

4 PS: Horror Writer 13-

3 Stealth 13-

3 KS: Monster Lore 12-

1 Language (Russian, basic)

Total Skill cost: 27

Talents:

Cost: Talent:

3 Bump of Direction

Total Talent cost: 3

Perks:

5 Money, Well off

7 Cargo Box (Vehicle)

0 Contact: Aliens Very useful skills, Good relationship, Organization

Total Perk cost: 12

Powers:

20 Gravity Manipulation: Elemental Control 60-points powers (30 Active Points), all slots Extra Time (Extra Phase, Only to Activate -½)

20 1) FF (15 PD/ 15 ED), Reduced END (0 END, -½), Persistent (+½), (60 Active Points), Extra Time (Extra Phase, Only to Activate -½)

17 2) +43 STR, Reduced END (0 END, -½), (64 Active Points), No Figured Characteristics (-½), Extra Time (Extra Phase, Only to Activate -½)

29 3) Flight, 16”, X4 Noncombat, Costs END only to Activate, Usable Underwater (+¼), No Gravity Penalty (+½) (74 Active Points), Extra Time (Extra Phase, Only to Activate -½)

Gravity powers, all OIHID:

25 1) Gravitic Perception: N-ray Perception, (Touch Group),(Stopped by Force walls, and force fields) +1 to PER roll, Discriminatory, Analyze, 360 Degree perception, Range, Targeting, Telescopic +16, Transmit (51 Active Points), Extra Time (Extra Phase, Only to Activate -½), Linked (FF, -¼), OIHID (-¼).

20 2) +15 CON, (30 Active Points), OIHID (-¼), Linked (FF, -¼)

13 3) +2 SPD (20 Active Points), OIHID (-¼), Linked (FF, -¼)

8 4) +6 REC (12 Active Points), OIHID (-¼), Linked (FF, -¼)

5 5) +7 PD (7 Active Points), OIHID (-/14), Linked (FF, -¼)

15 6) +22 STUN (22 Active Points), OIHID (-¼) Linked (FF, -¼)

3 7) + 4 ED (4 Active Points), OIHID (-¼), Linked (FF, -¼)

15 8) Knockback Resistance -11” (22 Active Points), OIHID (-¼), Linked (FF, -¼)

49 Multipower 60-point reserve, all slots OIHID (-¼)

5u 1) Increased Gravity Effect: Drain STR 1d6+1, Delayed Return Rate (5/minute, +¼), Reduced END (0 END, +½), Damage Shield (Offensive, +¾), Continuous (+1), Area Effect (5” Radius, +1), (58 Active Points), OIHID (-¼)

5u 2) Anti Gravity, Flight 10”, Costs END only to Activate (+¼), Usable as Attack (X8 max weight per inanimate object, +1 ¾), (60 Active Points), OIHID (-¼)

4u 3) Gravity warping of light, radio, and mental: Invisible to Sight, Radio, and Mental Group, Reduced END (0 END, -½), (45 Active Points), OIHID (-¼)

5u 4) Gravity Crush: Drain BODY 6d6, (60 Active Points), OIHID (-¼)

4u 5) Gravitic Teleportation: Teleportation 5”, X8 Increased Mass, Safe Blind Teleport (+¼), Mega Scale (1” = 100 km, +¾), Can be Scaled Down 1”=1km, (+¼), (56 Active Points), OIHID (-¼)

5u 6) Gravitic crushing: Tunneling 3”, through 18 DEF, (60 Active Points), OIHID (-¼)

5u 7) Gravitic Wrapping: Desolidfication (affected by force fields/ force walls), Reduced END (0 END, +½), (60 Active Points), OIHID (-¼)

Total Powers cost: 271

Disadvantages:

10 Distinctive Features: Gravitic anomalies (Concealable, Notice, Detectable to nearly everyone)

15 DNPC: Dameon Grey, Editor, 8- (Normal, Unaware of Secret ID)

5 Distinctive Features: Mutant (Not Concealable, Notice, Detected by technology or major effort)

20 Enraged: normals endangered, (common), go 11-, recover 11-

20 Hunted: Genocide (or other mutant hating group), 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punished),

20 Hunted: DEMON 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punished)

15 Psychological Limitation: Code vs. Killing (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Overconfidence (Common, Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: Love playing spooky motif (Common, Moderate)

10 Psychological Limitation: annoyed by incompetence (Common, Moderate)

10 Social Limitation: Secret ID (Occasionally, Major)

Total Disadvantage cost: 150

Vision, 5th Edition, November 30, 2009

Character’s Name: Vision

Alternate ID: Daniel Jones

Player: Puck

Value: Characteristic: Cost: Roll: OCV: 4/8

10 STR 0 11- DCV: 4/8

13 DEX 9 12-/14- ECV: 4

23 CON 26 14- Modifiers:

10 BODY 0 11- Presence Attack: 2d6

13 INT 3 12- Perception Roll: 12-/15-

11 EGO 2 11- PD/rPD 4/33 (0/24r )

10 PRE 0 11- ED/rED 5/35 (0/24r)

12 COM 1 11- Other defenses:

4 PD 2 HTH STR attack roll: 2d6

5 ED 0

6 SPD 37

7 REC 0

30 END -8

35 STUN 8

Total characteristics cost: 80

Running: 7”/14”

Swimming: 0”

Leaping H: 2”

Leaping V: 1”

Other Movement: Flight 15”/15”, Teleport 10”/20”

Skills:

3 Breakfall 12- (14-)

3 Computer Programming 12-

3 Electronics 12-

3 KS: Optics 12-

2 Navigation (Air) 12-

3 SS: Optometry 12-

3 SS: Optics 12-

Total Skill cost: 20

Talents: None

Perks: None

Powers:

6 Healing 1 BODY, Reduced END (0 END, +½), Persistent (+½), Extra Time (Regeneration Only) 1 Turn, (Post Segment 12), (-1 ¼), Always On (-½), Self Only (-½)

8 Cosmetic Transform 2d6, (Standard Effect: 6 points), (Clothing to Vision Costume, Changes back within 24 hours if not sooner), Improved Target Group (Any clothing to Costume and back +¼), Limited target (clothing being worn, -½)

Body Enhancement, all OIHID

17 1) +10 DEX, (30 Active Points), No Figured Characteristics (-½), OIHID (-¼)

4 2) +5 PD, (5 Active Points), OIHID (-¼)

4 3) +5 ED (5 Active Points), OIHID (-¼)

10 4) +6 REC (12 Active Points), OIHID (-¼)

60 5) Armor (25 PD/25 ED) (75 Active points), OIHID (-¼)

24 Riding the Light - Multipower 30 point reserve (30 Active points), all slots OIHID (-¼)

2u 1) Flight 15”, No Noncombat Movement (-¼), OIHID (-¼) (33.5 mph)

2u 2) Flight 12”, Reduced END (½ END, +¼), no Noncombat Movement (-¼), OIHID (-¼) (26.8 mph)

2u 3) Flight 5”, X32 Noncombat, OIHID (-¼) (NCM = 160”, 357.9 mph)

2u 4) Teleportation, 10”, No Relative Velocity, Not through Opaque matter (-½), OIHID (-¼)

2u 5) Teleportation, 1”,. No Relative Velocity, Safe Blind Teleport (+¼), Mega Scale (1” = 1,000 km, +1), Can be Scaled Down 1”=1km, (+¼), Not through opaque matter (-½), OIHID (-¼)

Vision abilities all OIHID

5 1) +3 PER Sight Group (6 Active Points), OIHID (-¼)

8 2) Sight Group Flash Defense (10 points), (10 Active Points), OIHID (-¼)

8 3) Increased Arc or Perception 360 degrees, with Sight Group (10 Active Points), OIHID (-¼)

5 4) +3 Range modifier for Sight Group (6 Active Points), OIHID (-¼)

4 5) Night vision (5 Active Points), OIHID (-¼)

4 6) IR Perception for Sight Group (5 Active Points), OIHID (-¼)

4 7) UV Perception for Sight Group (5 Active Points), OIHID (-¼)

23 for eye beams: END Reserve (72 END, 21 REC), OIHID (-¼)

52 Eye Beams: Multipower 65-point reserve all slots OIHID (-¼)

5u 1) Full Stare, EB 13d6, Stun Only (-0), OIHID (-¼)

5u 2) Ghost Stare, EB8 ½ D6, Stun Only (-0), Affects any Desolid (+½), OIHID (-¼)

5u 3) Piercing Stare, EB 8 ½ d6, Stun Only (-0), Armor Piercing (+½), OIHID (-¼)

5u 4) Eyes Wide Open, EB 8 ½ d6, Stun Only (-0), Area Effect (Hex, +½), OIHID (-¼)

5u 5) I see it I hit it, EB 8 ½ d6, Stun Only (-0), No Range Modifier (+½), OIHID (-¼)

5u 6) Focused Stare, RKA 4d6+1, OIHID (-¼)

5u 7) Sight Group Flash, 8 ½ d6, Armor Piercing (+½), OIHID (-¼)

Total Powers cost: 291

Disadvantages:

15 Susceptibility Flash Attacks, 3d6 damage, Instant (Uncommon)

10 Vulnerability 2X Stun from Susceptibility

5 Vulnerability 1 1/2X BODY from Susceptibility

20 Accidental Change : Takes Stun or Body damage from an attack as Daniel, Always (Uncommon)

15 Social Limitation: Secret ID (Frequent, Major)

20 Hunted: VIPER 11-, (As pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

15 Hunted: Edward (Techno), 8-, (As pow, Easy to find [Edward knows Vision’s secret ID], Harshly Punish

10 Psychological Limitation: Fear of drowning (Uncommon, Strong)

5 Physical Limitation: Does not float (Infrequent, Slightly Imparing)

5 Distinctive Features: Set off metal detectors (Not Concealable, Noticed. Unusual Senses)

5 Distinctive Features: Looks like Ocular except the eyes (Easily concealable, Noticed, Common Senses)

Total Disadvantage cost: 125

Real date June 1, 2009

Caterwaul posts about 4 times. Eventually, I give up on him and remove him from the game. But he does manage to use the microphone the Blood Suckers were using to snap everyone out of the trance they were in before he stops posting.

Wraith T-ports everyone where they are needed.

Blut's men find the dead vampire, and realizes that MM is somewhere in the building and starts laying lines of salt. He has several vampires doing a criss cross patten so he doens't have to "know" where MM is. Soon the danger room will be the only place she can go.

I explained it likes this: Actually it is tactics and not “seeing” you.

Blut knew that you would come sooner or later. Bats around town, rumors of vampires, letting himself being known that he was still alive. Let’s face it, he KNEW you would come.

So this whole thing is an elaborate (in the grand Pulp tradition) trap. He researched who would help you. It wouldn’t be that hard to find out that PRIMUS had a teleported person (Wraith). So he set it up that they could only teleport in limited locations without being spotted. (I mentioned several times that there were bats and vampires spread out)

He knows your personality. He has been your enemy for years in the 40s before you tried to take him out. He knows you, and that Dr. Bizarre isn’t there to stop you. He knew that the heroes wouldn’t kill. Let’s face it they aren’t Pulp material. But, he knew you would. He also knew that you would have to separate yourself to kill a vampire. A good “modern” hero would never let you do that.

So, once you killed the vampire, he knew that it was you and approximately where you would be. (All he had to do was find the dead vampire). When it was the vampire in the control room. He knew that you either saw or would soon see what he was doing in the danger room.

He knew you would need help. Even the great Miss Mystique would need help against an army. But he also knew (from Vesper and the bats) that Wraith had teleported away. You would have to go back to that last location to try to find him.

He started laying out salt as soon as he found out about the dead vampire, but kept them behind closed doors. (In fact Wraith and company almost saw them doing it) By the time 5 minutes rolled by, he figured you would not had left yet. So he wasn’t sure exactly where you were, but knew you couldn’t leave.

He knew you would come closer if he baited you. Hence the intercom. He gave you a moment or 2 to get closer, then it was only a matter of putting the last puzzle pieces in place. He knew where you could go and where you couldn’t because of the salt.

So, no he doesn’t see you. Now the vampires are laying out a criss cross pattern slowly and surely forcing the only places you CAN be into a smaller and smaller area.

He has been several chess moves ahead since before the game ever started. The separation of characters. The turning friends into vampires, etc.

It gets harder and harder to figure ways to corner MM without falling back into the "they can see you". gig.

MM sees a very large pentagram. the largest she has ever seen. Overconfident Blut lets MM know he is trying to summon the original demon that gave vampires their undead status to begin with. To "make" him take away the sun and holy item curses.

Despite his healing powers, Blut still shows a scar from 40 years ago, when MM and Dr. Bizarre tricked Blut and his vampires into the sunlight killing them all. (Except for Blut - of course)

Meanwhile, Wraith, Ocular, Chiller, and Freight Train look for Steele. With Wraith and Ocular's N-ray visions it doesn't take long to find her.

By the time they get Steele back, and treated for vampirism. Hours have passed without a word from Freddy. Ocular looks for Freddy through the concrete and rolls a 3! So he sees Freddy as a vampire drinking red warm liquid. Probably blood.

Note: Freddy's tranformation was a Transform and not a mental attack. He can't stop from acting like a vampire. But I did make it possible for him to resist. Freddy wonders absentmindedly what each of his friends would taste like. .oO(Steele would likely be cold and bitter considering her metallic nature. Wraith's so dark her blood would likely taste thick and heavy. Occular? Hard to say especially since he keeps changing. Does MM even have blood anymore? If so it can't have much flavor since she's already dead. Freightrain's blood would probably be the closest to mine since he likes to move so much. I bet Mimi's magical blood tastes a bit like perrie with bubbles and stuff. Chiller seems to have ice in his veins, so I'm sure his blood would taste cold, too. I don't really know the new guy enough to guess. I wonder if Raincloud's would taste like rain?)

The others T-port into where Freddy is...

to be continued...

Freddy attacks Chiller, Doppelganger and Freight Train with a multiple move-by

Doppelganger and Chiller go down with one punch. Freight Train says "Is that all you got? My grandma can hit harder than that!" By now, everyone knows that the shields protect the vampires. Without it they start taking Susceptibility damage.

Solar Max hits a vampire that had his shield taken away, and he turns to dust immediately (Don't worry there are about 75 greater vampires spread throughout the area. It's a very very very large area). Freight Train actually hits Freddy, but because he is more powerful after his vampire transformation - he is not stunned

MM produces an image of herself on the pentagram, so she looks like the last sacrifice. The demon is summoned, They get his "true" name wrong! But he has enough sacrifices and the name is close enough (plus he searches Blut's mind and realized HE knows his "true" name) He grants them one favor. They ask for the curses to be lifted. But Blut, the only one who knows his "true" name demands to be made the Lord of the Vampires. The demon agrees as long as they can defeat the heroes without their shields. (Demons hate to be forced).

With the vampires being destroyed left and right, Steele convinces Freddy to go back to the good side. The demon lets Blut be Lord of the vampires for 24 hours; he can stay that way ONLY if he turns the heroes into vampires or kill them.

To be continued...

The group make there way to Blut and the other vampires, which have been upgraded to elite vampires thanks to the demon. Solar Max and Doppelganger take on the Greater vampires, and spread out.

One of the groups of vampires, lead by Stalker decide not to help Blut. He doesn't treat Blut like the Lord of the vampires.

With Freddy's enhanced vampire state, and him being on the good guy's side, the heroes get the upper hand. It's still a pretty fair fight though.

MM joins with Freight Train out of the room. They realize that Blut is the target and the other vampires are just distractions. So MM knows she has to kill Blut, and she does.

A lot of vampires turn back to "normal" and they rescue the sacrifices from the demon (which we didn't pay out).

That story arc ended on August 6, 2009 (real date)

The bats disappear back to where they came. The heroes find out that Krovis has sent the bats, wolves, and provided the vampires with the shields.

After Blut was killed, Freddy returned to normal. (Blut bit, the person who bit Freddy).

Everyone went their separate ways. MM spent time with her brother, and helped him (and herself) over some of their prejudice.

Freddy passed out from lack of food and went to the hospital. Ocular mentions once again that someone knows his secret ID.

Lucy asked if they did the right thing in including Solar Max and Miss Mystique. Ocular replied "I will be one of the first people to say that including Solar Max was NOT the wrong thing to do. We were being overwhelmed. It was only once his shackles were off and he was able to use his full powers that we were able to turn the tide. He even went so far as to pass out twice. First time was stopping a bunch of vampires, second time was shortly after he recovered, he healed me and passed out again because he wasn't fully recovered. Makes me feel good that I took off his shackles. As far as Miss Mystique, I have no hesitation saying including her was wrong. She is the person that got in the final killing blow on Blut and I have no problem with that, but she then turned and threatened to kill the other vampires after they had surrendered. There have been other occasions with her as well. She seems to see things as black and white only. If you are wrong, it is ok for her to do anything to you, including killing you after you surrender, because she is in the right. I realize that sometimes lethal force is needed, but I would almost call her psychopathic."

Freddy replies: "Unfortunately, I got taken out early on and turned into a vampire, so I can't really speak about what happened. I do regret that all of the normal vampires were killed, especially with the cure available. Those people were likely all innocent people trapped in a horrible afterlife through no fault of their own." Freddy sighs.

"As for Mystique, she and I have never seen eye to eye. In the last two fights we've turned on each other thanks to the Comrade's power over ghosts and Blut's ability to pull my strings while a vampire, so that probably doesn't help the situation any. I agree with Ocular that her black & white mentality causes problems; I doubt she believes it's possible to be an innocent vampire. She didn't want us taking anyone into custody, and I doubt she'd ever agree to anything 'official' because it would tie her hands."

"As for Krovis, he left the Grey's after the festival incident--it's not clear if it was voluntary. His powers have been greatly reduced, but he obviously still has much influence and a conmpulsion to continue his testing regardless. I can try to talk to Rocto; I get the impression he has more pull in that group than he wants to admit. However, I know he is limited in how much he's allowed to help, too."

Later everyone goes their separate ways. Steele dates Taka and asks him about Krovis. He responds: He sighs. "Ever since he's been kicked out he's been determined to keep testing you. He doesn't have an end result, which is NOT our way.

He just wants to test and test with nothing to show for it. Rockto has spend a lot of time talking to him. To get him to stop of have and end result - a stopping point.

Krovis has agreed not to test for a week, which means at least you can go up against Comrade Bizarre without his interference.

The next time you see where he may have interfered, demand an audience with him. Remind him that you can't be tested if you don't even know the rules.

Demand compensation, like a prize of some sort. Dr. Bizarre took years, but he whittled his rules down every time that he was tested. Unfortunately, Bizarre realized that he would never stop being tested - which I think is why he killed himself.

Does this help?" Note: The scene ended with a "fade to black" moment.

When Freddy and Ocular ask Rockto about Krovis he responds: Well, for starters I managed to get him not to test you for a week. So when Comrade Bizarre confronts you; you'll be on his own.

When you see his handiwork on any challenge, summon him. He is deranged.

Ask for rewards for doing his tests. Dr. Bizarre did. With each of you asking for a reward, you can whittle down what he can and cannot do. He thinks that by challenging you over and over again that you will get "enlightenment" on your own.

Strengthen your mental capabilities and make you stronger. He has pointed out that you Freddy can now swim as fast as you can run. That you had to wade in the water to rescue those people trapped in the middle of the swampy area.

He points out that now Ocular can direct his Nanites, and things have changed personally (he points to Daniel's eyes) for his benefit too because of "his" interference. "

He pauses

"Krovis won't interfere with Comrade, but he does know about Ocular's problem with Techno. The Blut thing was to test you all on your view of killing, and to personally test Miss Mystique to the extreme.

Next test, I think, is to test Ocular to the extreme Even though I think he's already put things into motion for him - I don't know the particulars - He won't do anything for a week. "

Then they ask about Krovis testing them. He responds: Rockto looks uncomfortable. "Actually, testing you was my idea. I didn't want VIPER to get mental powers and our technology!

You don't know this but 10 years before Dr. Bizarre committed suicide, he was asked to chose a successor by Krovis. He searched out kids to test after another 10 years. You and Ocular, and Wraith, and Steele, and others were chosen. But Bizarre agreed to be tested instead of having someone else go through what he did.

I honestly think that's why committed suicide! So 10 years after his death, Krovis was just going to "test" VIPER. I couldn't let that happen. The only other ones the Grays would even consider was the ones that Krovis put on his successor list.

I have been watching you for 10 years. Ever since Dr. Bizarre died. I knew your heart. I knew your honor. I knew you were a hero. I knew you wouldn't let Krovis test VIPER.

I am SO sorry Freddy. I had high hopes it would have ended at the festival. Something is wrong with Krovis, I just can't pinpoint it.

I am so, so sorry I ruined your life. I may not have had anything to do with glowing meatloaf, but I still ruined it."

Freddy responds: "Rockto, you didn't ruin my life. Gaining special powers was the real trigger in turning me away from a life of crime because for once I felt I really could make a difference. I still think it was wrong of you guys to 'test' people without their knowledge/agreement which is why I feel so strongly about Krovis. I don't want to negotiate terms with him because I refuse to be part of his experiments."

I was getting tired of vampires, and I knew Comrade and his undead followers would be coming over the horizon. I needed a change of pace.

So. I had Armadillo and SARGON attack the holding cells (where the person who operated the Copperhead armor was held.) While Devastator attacked PRIMUS (where the Copperhead and Minutemen armors were being held.)

Ocular and Wraith take on Devastator. who has already blown a hole in the side of the building. Deathborg is there too, Nice and updated. Deathborb believes that Ocular is still a mentalist and not a threat to him. Devastator attacks Ocular - and kills him because Ocular forgets to turn on his force field once again!!!!

This was not intended. I was shocked as anybody else that Ocular was dead.

to be continued.

About this time Freddy's player's wife has a newborn baby. He takes some well needed time off.

With the death of Ocular, I changed some things quickly. Armadillo and SARGON were defeated quickly. Deathborg, surveyed each hero and destroyed himself. Devastator and the Minuteman Armor tried to get away with Copperhead, but were easily found and defeated.

Puck and I had a long discussion about how to handle the death of Ocular. We didn't want another undead on the team and I didn't want to do a spirit quest for his spirit. So he came up with an alternate version (from another dimension) of Ocular - now called Vision.

His world was like this: After the death of Dr Bizarre while fighting Comrade Bizarre in the 1950's, everything changed in Sentry City. First, these little grey aliens showed up and declared the testing was done. Then the dead Comrade Bizarre showed up and demanded his prize. According to him, one of the aliens had contacted him to use as a test against Dr Bizarre and since Dr Bizarre was gone and the Comrade was still there, even though dead, he was the winner. Things only got worse after that. Comrade Bizarre ran the city for a little while, but quickly got bored with no challenge to occupy his mind. Having seen how the aliens did their testing, he used the powers and technology he got from them to set up his own testing with his own rules. The difference is that he tested people every three years and every test was to the death, so each test he won only made his army stronger. The one advantage that the rest of us had was, when the Comrade brought someone back from the dead, they didn't have their memories with them. Because of this small but crucial flaw, we were able to organize a Secret Underground. The leader of the SU was never seen in person or even heard over communications. He always communicated either with written paper, or text messages once technology progressed far enough. Daniel was a college whiz kid and recruited by his room-mate, Eddie, another whiz kid. One of the projects they worked on together was to try and give someone powers without the Comrade knowing about it and Vision was the result. Eddie's knowledge of technology and Daniel's knowledge of optics combined very well to make the new powers. Once set, Eddie pulled out his newest gadget. With a decent success rate, it would teleport you to alternate dimensions and let you bring people back with you to help against the Comrade. Daniel has already used it once but ended up in a white swamp where he was unable to find anyone in the required time frame before he had to use the return mechanism. They were getting ready to calibrate the dimensional mover for some weird traces that Daniel found in the swamp when the secret lab was attacked. Quickly donning armor he made, Eddie fought off the attackers and told Vision to use the mover, even though they hadn't finished calibrating it. Trusting his friend and not wanting his supposed sacrifice to be in vain, Vision (in full costume) ducked into a broom closet, hit the button and waited. All of a sudden it got very quiet, but nothing else seemed to change. Vision slowly came out of the closet he had hidden in and realized that he wasn't in his home dimension anymore, but somewhere that looked almost the same. That's when he realized his problem. The dimensional mover didn't come with him this time. He is now stuck in a foreign dimension that looks like home.

But what to do with Freddy? I didn't know how long his player was going to be out with the new baby. So, I said that Ocular disappeared when Vision appeared, and that Freddy was right next to him and disappeared with him. In Vision's dimension, there is a zombie version of Freddy, fast but not as smart. It was possible that they changed places also.

Vision managed to arrive right in the middle of the fight between Devastator, Minute Man, and Copperhead. He helped take them out.

The group plays it that this is an undead version of Ocular, (since they don't know that he's from another dimension), They even used the standard electrical line to help take down Copperhead. Classic move.

Like I said, they take out the trio pretty easily. Vision introduces himself. Then they all prepare for Comrade's arrival at the cemetery.

Real date October 24, 2009. (Note Comrade Bizarre appears on Halloween).

Freddy's player contacts me privately and notifies me that he wants back in. I am glad, but not sure how since I really didn't give an accurate place where he went to.

Vision, MM, Wraith, and Steele are accompanied by Krum's team Freight Train, Gargantua, Howler, and Witch Finder. (The latter 3 are working off some of their sentence)

Steele has a code vs killing and mentions: "The undead are fair game - I don't kill, but unless there's reason to believe they can be cured, they're already dead. Zombies? They're rotting already. Besides, I've *read* that fanfic already, I do *not* want to get caught by them. My only concern is that the cure might be worse than the disease, with this joker. He'd gut Witchcraft as soon as her sister, if he had the chance."

Dr. Bizarre's mausoleum is in the center of the cemetery. A thick fog rolls in, which should be impossible since Rain Cloud is off scene trying to keep the weather clear. Everyone's Presence is drained (via the fog), Vision actually flees upward. The fog covers the entire cemetery.

Comrade follows with a Presence attack telling the group to flee while it still has a chance. This leaves the area pretty much without any PRIMUS members. Note: I like to make my characters center of attention. If you will notice PRIMUS has never done very much in any of my campaign.

Comrade asks the remaining heroes: Comrade laughs. " I could string any of you along like a puppet. I could kill any of you and make you one of my very own legion.

But that's not "fun" enough. Not challenging enough.

I hate not knowing something important to me. You see, I originally planned to have Dr. Bizarre himself become my main undead. Powerful, confident, and IF he was dead, he'd be controllable.

But you see here is the problem. Dr. Bizarre is NOT dead! In fact, he's preventing me from raising the undead from the ground right now. Luckily I don't need this graveyard, as since this morning I have been visiting other graveyards. But I want to know...

Where is Dr. Bizarre! "

MM says he's not coming back. The image of Comrade Bizarre, in the fog, gets bigger. "Don't lie to me ghost! He is NOT in his mausoleum. He is not on the grounds, and his powers would have faded by now, which is how I was able to get out of his mental hold on me.

YOU know something! "

Witch Finder is taken out by a blurry fast figure. Later to find out that it was Freddy. Witch Finder was going to take out MM.

Vision, being up in the air above the fog sees a hoard of undead coming from all directions. Skeletons, Ghosts, Ghouls, and Zombies.

"Get over *yourself*, Comrade!" Steele told him. "Look, if your powers were so incredibly infallible, do you really think she *could* lie to you?"

Comrade replies:

" Oh, I know she is lying. I am the most powerful sorcerer in the world you know.

She "can" lie to me because I said I wouldn't control her to do things...

and I always keep my word. "But he never said he wouldn't have someone else (like his lead follower Zimmel) control her.

Freddy "sees" the real Comrade with his Detect movement. Comrade is too arrogant and overconfident to put up all of his defenses while invisible. Freddy takes him out with one punch.... or so it seems. Over 3/4th of the undead fall to the ground. Zimmel's group is the only one left. Zimmel is holding a magic book.

MM flies over to Zimmel taking his book away, while the others fight the undead. Freddy takes off all of Comrade's foci. (a very smart move actually). Gargantua actually takes the most damage and is almost killed. A couple more BODY and he would have been on the undead side.

As soon as Zimmel goes down, Comrade pops up like he was never hurt in the first place. He promised Zimmel he'd control his undead army. He followed through on his promise. Now, Comrade is back in charge. All part of his elaborate plan to get rid of Zimmel.

Everyone pounds on Comrade, and even outnumbered 8 to one. He doesn't go down easy. MM reads a spell in the book. Comrade gets Stunned long enough for her to complete it. It is a Chinese Puzzle Box spell. The same kind of spell that Dr. Bizarre used on Comrade back in the 50s. This was Comrade's book not Dr. Bizarre's. Why would he have the good dr's spell in it? Krum points this fact out.

MM's reply: Yes it is one of Dr. Bizarre's spells. We trapped comrad Bizarre in it back in the 50's. Took Comrad Bizarre almost 20 years to get free of it that time. He must have researched the spell and put it in his spellbook after he found his way out the last time..."

Krum doesn't believe her.

Note: Where Freddy was... When Vision changed places with Ocular, he has to enter into a room. Zombie Freddy followed him there, but only got one blurry arm inside of the room. So, he, and our Freddy were "stuck" in between dimension.

So they probably don't even know where they were. They just knew they in their own dimension. Ever see the beginnings of the old Twilight Zone shows. Floating doors, eyeball, clock, E=MC2, and that sort of thing? That's what it was like.

Zombie Freddy pulled his hand out of the "room" and was thus put back in his own dimension. But dimensions don't necessarily follow time rules, They were only stuck for a few minutes, but almost a full day pass in our world.

Story ended on real date November 27th, We in another story line now, still in the works. It may be a while before I can update again, since we are still playing it.

Just a peek into a future story line. At the mental institute:

Meanwhile in Cindy’s new room. " I’m going to kill that Steele! I’m going to make her pay! "

Guy in the next room" You are angry? Do you like those dark areas of your anger? "

Cindy " I want revenge!. I want to get Steele! I want to hurt her and her friends! "

Guy " So you want to embrace that darkness? "

Cindy " Yes. I want be filled with hatred and darkness. "

Guy " I can arrange that. Not now but soon. But I must ask one question…. Are you afraid of The Dark? "

I've come to a good stopping point in telling what happened in my game. I hope I entertained everyone.

I haven't updated the distant past with Dr. Bizarre's history tales. I may add to that, or I may just quit while I'm ahead.

Now is a good time for any comments.

What do you think so far? Have you enjoyed what you have read so far?

Do you like Krum? Krovis? The other aliens (also known as "The Grays")? Is there anything you think I need to add? Get rid of?

The story line I am now, involves technology, since I felt it hasn't been a large part of any of the previous story lines.

Note: Some things have been left out to get the basic premise of the stories.

Do you have any questions? I know at least 2 of my players read this board, so you may contact me privately if you don't want them to read it.

Thanks for the opportunity to inform you of my game.

• 2 years later...

Wow, I printed all of this in 2009! That was 3 years ago. The original Sentry City has been replaced by a new game "New Players Welcome". It's the same city (basically), but a lot has changed.

Fast Freddy's player dropped out of the original game for good, and the game slowly died with it. Ocular's character died in the story and the player opted out (this was before Freddy dropped).

So with only a few players left, the game died.

Lucy Lu was actually the name Freddy gave his contact in PRIMUS. It sort of stuck. So, Lucy has been in the background since almost day one.

Lucy Lu was brought up in and around Chinatown. At an early age she was taught the importance of doing what is right. When she was only 21, she joined the police force and worked there for 5 years, quickly rising to the a Sergent

But Lucy thought that superheroes should be more involved with law enforcement. In fact, many cases get thrown out because superheroes don't know how to follow up on paperwork and procedures.

Lucy transferred over from the police force over to PRIMUS. She worked there another 8 years, again quickly rising in ranks. Lucy started to find a way to teach, hire, and train former convicts a better way of life so they don't just fall back into the cracks of society.

That's where she met Freddy. Freddy had an excellent record while in jail, and she liked him because of the fact that he also gained superpowers in prison.

Lucy set up Freddy's early release in exchange of him joining the Guardian program. The program to rehabilitate former convicts. It wasn't long before the Guardians were changed into the local superhero group.

The rehabilitation program was renamed "Second Chance".