Power Armor Rules question

mangahunterd

Powered armor is best of bought as either OIF or Only In Hero Id. The OIF armor would represent one which can be removed from the character while he is unconscious or restrained in some fashion. The Only In Hero Id armor would represent one which cannot be removed the the character except under the most unusual conditions.

For examples, a VIPER agent, given some time, can find a way to remove, or at the very least disable enough of Defender's armor to make it virtually useless to the superhero. On the other hand, only someone with vast powered armor experience and knowledge (along the lines of Dr. Destroyer) might have a chance of removing a hero's powed-armor which was built as Only In Hero Id.

While most powered armors should be built as either OIF or Only In Hero ID, there are occassions where certain components could be bought as OAF. An example of this might be a Neutron Blast which attaches to the armor and can be pulled off.

to add to what everyone else has said. I personal suggest player characters use only in hero id while I give the villains OIF. That way if the PC's get captured I feel better about tossing them into the deathtrap with thier suits as apposed to tossing them in there in thier PJ's. While Villians lets face it the players will want to strip REGARDLESS of the suit being OIF or not.:P

• 2 weeks later...

For that matter

I suppose a fanatical enough character could take power armor with neither limitation to represent armor that is NEVER taken off. This could be the case if the character is dependent on the armor to live. Of course, what kind of loony character puts his pacemaker in an armored breastplate anyway?

Someone who builds medical functions into their suit, and then is hit with an attack so powerful that he only survives because of the suit's healing might become trapped in the suit, effectively. Maybe he can take it off, but only in a hospital with other life support gear on standby to take over as the suit is removed.

Re: For that matter

Originally posted by SkyKnight

I suppose a fanatical enough character could take power armor with neither limitation to represent armor that is NEVER taken off. This could be the case if the character is dependent on the armor to live. Of course, what kind of loony character puts his pacemaker in an armored breastplate anyway?

The original Iron Man for one. His original origin was that his heart was wounded by a land mine in Vietnam, and he needed the suit to run an artificial heart. All the boot-jets, anti-magnetic repulsors, and servo-motor strength enhancements were just optional extras.