Chemistry, Sweet Smell or A Foul Odor?

Ragdoll

Back again with another similar build that plays around with Entangles based on other characteristics. This one relies a lot on their combat arts, and large skill/perk/talent pools. But I'm curious if this works mechanically. The idea is the character can exude a gaseous chemical that manifests as a smell and can be detected by scientific instruments. The gas itself is colorless and invisible to the sight group. The chemical reacts with a target and sends them into a deep spiraling depression that's difficult to rouse from. They just collapse unwilling to move or do much of anything. The attack doesn't work in high winds or rains and won't work against people with no body chemistry or those in a sealed environment. It's no range, so it exudes around him in his immediate hex.

Question though. Would 'he' need personal immunity to avoid the effects of his own power if it were AE: Hex, No Range?

Here's what I have so far:

Entangle 2D6, 2 DEF; Invulnerable to Physical Attack (+1/4), IPE: Sight (+1/2); Works Against CON (+1/4); AE: Hex (+1/2); Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4), No Range (-1/2), Fouled by Winds and Strong Rains (-1/4); Won't Effect People Wihout Body Chemistries or Those in Sealed Environments (-1/4)

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Re: Chemistry, Sweet Smell or A Foul Odor?

it would be best to have personal immunity.

the other option would be a High Con to make braeking out easy.

Have you considered doing this with Change Environment instead?

Works a little differently but my help with some of the other issues (see the gravity powers section of USPD for ideas/details)

Honestly this sounds like Mind Control more than an Entangle, especially since the sfx is depression. Even if it were something like an nerve gas that paralyzed the victims I think I would go with a Drain or Suppress depending on how lasting the effects were. But if Entangle works for you and the GM, go for it.

Question though. Would 'he' need personal immunity to avoid the effects of his own power if it were AE: Hex, No Range?

Need? no.

However, don't complain if you biff your roll and the GM rules that it ends up in your hex.

Also, if he tries to use this power and there's an invisible force wall around his hex, he chokes on it.

Need? no.

However, don't complain if you biff your roll and the GM rules that it ends up in your hex.

I have a question about that. If the power is no range AE: hex, would not the hex it's in always be my hex? If I were to biff the roll, would it remain in my hex, or be shunted to another hex, or simply fail to work all together?

Also, if one is in hand to hand combat with someone do they need to be in the same hex that they are standing in?

:confused:

I have a question about that. If the power is no range AE: hex, would not the hex it's in always be my hex? If I were to biff the roll, would it remain in my hex, or be shunted to another hex, or simply fail to work all together?

Also, if one is in hand to hand combat with someone do they need to be in the same hex that they are standing in?

:confused:

No range limitation means that the power only works at HtH combat range which is by default an adjacent hex.