The patriot

csyphrett

Re: The patriot

That looks much better. Still more powerful than I think you would expect for a 200pt game. How about dropping the FF 0end adv and dropping the protection to compensate. Drop the strength by 5-10' date=' Dex by 3 and spend the pts on skills.[/quote']

Defenses actually seem a bit low to me, but I tend to favor 2.5 x DC for bricks and other super tough types. Assuming his 10 DC punches are the norm, he's going to be taking an average of 15 Stun per attack. He's nearly down in 3 hits and can last through 5 if he can get in a recovery somewhere.

I find the PD sell back and ED purchase a bit unusual.

For concept, I would probably allow him a limitation on his TK derived super stats. "Affected By Negative Adjustment Powers Used On [Name] Elemental Control (-¼)" (See UEP p36). But that's a GM permission one...

As for the skills, it was mentioned that he's supposed to be a teenager that doesn't apply himself. Not really a good reason for having more than his Everyman skills.

Actually' date=' this raises a question - what [i']is[/i] the power level for this campaign? Usually, a 200-point campaign is "low-power", meaning lower CVs, DCs, and stats in general. However, based on the initial build and comments about the other PCs, I'm wondering. Since the GM is here, I'm going to ask:

For the rest of the group, what are the average:

* OCV/DCV

* Damage classes on the primary attack

* PD/ED

* SPD

Because a 200-point campaign with a normal Champions-level baseline is pretty much a sure route to hyper-specialized characters. If that is the case, I'm hardly surprised even a brick is trying to chip every last point out - he might even need to, to keep pace with more point-efficient archetypes.

Inferno has OCV/DCV 4-6, 2d6 rka/ 6d6 EB, 5 pd/ed with a +15 force field, Spd 3-4

Nariko has OCV/DCV 7 no attack, pd/ed 3/4 spd 3

Supergirl OCV/Dcv 5/5 DC primary attack 14d6 hth attack pd/ed 15 spd 4

CES

Thanks guys. As long as it's legal, that's all I care about. That way I can get Rob started playing.

CES

I don't know if I'd call the 0 END force field "legal." It is if you allow it, but so is anything. If you're looking just to make him legal, I'd say change the force field to have it cost END, and he's fine by the rules.

I don't know if I'd call the 0 END force field "legal." It is if you allow it' date=' but so is anything. If you're looking just to make him legal, I'd say change the force field to have it cost END, and he's fine by the rules.[/quote']

Actually,

according to RAW in 5er, it's perfectly legal to add 0 END as an Advantage to an EC power that initially costs END (like Force Field with 0 END).

It's also legal to add a power to an EC that initially does NOT cost END as long as it takes a Costs END Limitation (like Armor with Costs END).

from 5er page 314:

ENDURANCE

Normally, all slots in an Elemental Control must cost END or have the Reduced Endurance Advantage (characters can buy the END cost down to 0 if they wish). Characters cannot buy Powers that inherently cost no END (for example, FTL Travel) as a slot in an EC (or as part of a slot with two Linked powers) unless they take the Limitation Costs Endurance, or the GM permits it. (If a character buys Costs Endurance for a slot, he can take either the regular or “only costs END to activate the power” version of that Limitation, if appropriate). A character may not apply both the Costs Endurance Limitation and Reduced Endurance Advantage to a power that inherently costs no END (such as Damage Reduction) so that he can put it in an EC.

If a power normally costs END, a character could place it in an Elemental Control slot even though it has the Charges Limitation. If it does not inherently cost END, taking Charges for it does not make it eligible to be in an EC.

With the GM’s permission, a character can buy the Persistent Advantage for a slot in an Elemental Control that has Reduced Endurance (0 END). However, slots in an EC generally cannot be made Inherent.

Inferno has OCV/DCV 4-6, 2d6 rka/ 6d6 EB, 5 pd/ed with a +15 force field, Spd 3-4

Nariko has OCV/DCV 7 no attack, pd/ed 3/4 spd 3

Supergirl OCV/Dcv 5/5 DC primary attack 14d6 hth attack pd/ed 15 spd 4

In that case, looks like he was a bit excessive at first; the revised version should fit better.

The Zero-END Force Field looks legit - AFAIK, the "must cost end" thing is just to prevent stuff like putting all your stats in an EC to multiply your points. It's always seemed a bit odd anyway - why would putting FTL Travel in an EC be problematic when putting Megascale Flight isn't?