(6e) Fantasy Pregen Characters Wanted

Michael Hopcroft

Re: (6e) Fantasy Pregen Characters Wanted

If you'd like something a little different for your orcs than simply savage fighting beasts' date=' why not give them a warrior culture like Klingons have? I've done that in one fantasy world, even borrowing some Klingon words to flavor their speech. My players liked it.[/quote']

You know, that's a darned good idea. I don't know just how I'll use it, but it's a good idea. Rep to you.

Incidentally' date=' Does anyone know a way to attach .hdc files to a private message?[/quote']

I put them in a zip file before emailing them. I've tried sending them in the past as an .hdc attachment, and they always seemed to end up at text inserted in the email.

I put them in a zip file before emailing them. I've tried sending them in the past as an .hdc attachment' date=' and they always seemed to end up at text inserted in the email.[/quote']

I was lucky with the file I had sent. While the XML text showed up in the message, my e-mail program (good ol' Mozilla Thunderbird) recognized the attachment as a separate file and allowed me to save it to the HD6 directory.

Thanks very much for the file, by the way, lensman. It's a big help. He'll be very interesting to play.

Ok, here's the healer. I decided to get away from the traditional archetypes here, and created a repentant necromancer. :D

Reformed Necromancer

VAL    CHA    Cost    Roll    Notes
10    STR    0    11-    HTH Damage 2d6  END [2]
8    DEX    -4    11-
10    CON    0    11-
18    INT    8    13-    PER Roll 13-
13    EGO    3    12-
13    PRE    3    12-    PRE Attack: 2 1/2d6
5    OCV    10
4    DCV    5
3    OMCV    0
3    DMCV    0
3    SPD    10    Phases:  4, 8, 12
2    PD    0    2 PD (0 rPD)
2    ED    0    2 ED (0 rED)
4    REC    0
20    END    0
10    BODY    0    
20    STUN    0

Movement    Cost    Meters    Notes
RUNNING    0    12m/24m    END [1]
SWIMMING    0    4m/8m    END [1]
LEAPING    0    4m    4m forward, 2m upward

Characteristics Total: 35

Cost    Powers
7    Stored Lifeforce: Endurance Reserve  (20 END, 1 REC) (7 Active Points) - END=0
17    Vilesan's Lethargy: (Total: 32 Active Cost, 17 Real Cost) Drain END 2d6 (20 Active Points); Requires A Roll (Skill roll; -1/2), Linked (Aid; -1/4) (Real Cost: 11) plus Aid  END Reserve 2d6 (12 Active Points); Linked (Drain; -1/2), Requires A Roll (Skill roll; -1/2) (Real Cost: 6) - END=3
17    Vilesan's Soporfic: (Total: 32 Active Cost, 17 Real Cost) Drain STUN 2d6 (20 Active Points); Requires A Roll (Skill roll; -1/2), Linked (Aid; -1/4) (Real Cost: 11) plus Aid  END Battery 2d6 (12 Active Points); Linked (Drain; -1/2), Requires A Roll (Skill roll; -1/2) (Real Cost: 6) - END=3
17    Vilesan's Termination: (Total: 32 Active Cost, 17 Real Cost) Drain BODY 2d6 (20 Active Points); Requires A Roll (Skill roll; -1/2), Linked (Aid; -1/4) (Real Cost: 11) plus Aid  END Reserve 2d6 (12 Active Points); Linked (Drain; -1/2), Requires A Roll (Skill roll; -1/2) (Real Cost: 6) - END=3
30    Borei's Restoration: Healing BODY 3d6, Decreased Re-use Duration (1 Hour; +1/2) (45 Active Points); Requires A Roll (Skill roll; -1/2) - END=4
16    Spell of Undead Obliteration: Killing Attack - Ranged 2 1/2d6 (40 Active Points); Limited Power Only vs Undead (-1), Requires A Roll (Skill roll; -1/2) - END=4

Powers Total: 104

Cost    Skills
13    Power:  Magic 18-
3    Embalming 13-
3    Healing 13-
3    KS: Occult Lore 13-
3    KS: Necromancy 13-
2    WF:  Blades, Staffs

Skills Total: 27

Cost    Talents
6    Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)
3    Simulate Death

Talents Total: 9

Value    Complications
10    Negative Reputation:  Necromancer, Infrequently (Extreme)
15    Hunted:  Witch Hunters Frequently (As Pow; Harshly Punish)
10    Psychological Complication:  Reluctance to Kill (Common; Moderate)
15    GM's Discretion

Complications Points: 50

Base Points: 125
Experience: 0
Experience Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 175

Ok' date=' here's the healer. I decided to get away from the traditional archetypes here, and created a repentant necromancer. :D[/quote']

Pity I can't rep you again. This is really clever.

The only problem is this:

His main offensive power works only against undead, and I wasn't planning to use any undead. I'll have to adjust the adventure a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to thank Indy for all his help. The game was full and went fairly well (except that the PCs couldn't take the hint that it was time to let themselves be captured and I had to do it by GM fiat). Unfortunately most of the little quirks i worked so hard at didn't come into play, but everybody had fun so I'm happy.

Special thanks to Chris Goodwin for providing a selection of 5e books we ended up not even touching, and for helping explain the rules I wasn't so certain of (especially STUN Multiplier).

I just wanted to thank Indy for all his help. The game was full and went fairly well (except that the PCs couldn't take the hint that it was time to let themselves be captured and I had to do it by GM fiat). Unfortunately most of the little quirks i worked so hard at didn't come into play' date=' but everybody had fun so I'm happy.[/quote']

Glad things went well. Those were among the first 6e characters I made, so I wasn't sure how effective they'd be.