Searching the 6E PDFs: HH is for Helpful Hint

Chris Goodwin

When you're looking for the name of a Power, Advantage, Limitation, or Disadvantage, the Hex Man graphic is represented by the letters HH. So, if you wanted to go right to the Extra Time Limitation, you could search on

HHExtra Time

There's no spaces between the HH and the first letter in the name of the item.

It doesn't quite work for everything (for instance, you have to know that Constant is a Duration Advantage, and thus search on HHDuration) but it can save you a lot of time.

Re: Searching the 6E PDFs: HH is for Helpful Hint

I'm big on the bookmark menu. While the sections got mixed around a little in places, it's not enough to make the menu structure unusable. If you're using Adobe Reader, just make use of the "Collapse Top-Level Bookmarks" feature, and the '/' (forward slash) key to collapse other sections.

For example, I start by opening the 6E1/CC PDF, opening the bookmarks sidebar, choosing "Collapse Top-Level Bookmarks", selecting "Power Descriptions", hitting '/' to collapse all of its subsections, then opening the "Power Descriptions" section to the point where it gives me all the Power names. Then clicking on any of those brings me to the right place in the document.

• 1 month later...

When you're looking for the name of a Power, Advantage, Limitation, or Disadvantage, the Hex Man graphic is represented by the letters HH. So, if you wanted to go right to the Extra Time Limitation, you could search on

There's no spaces between the HH and the first letter in the name of the item.

It doesn't quite work for everything (for instance, you have to know that Constant is a Duration Advantage, and thus search on HHDuration) but it can save you a lot of time.

Best. Tip. Evah.

Repped.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent find, Chris. I have a method as well. Yours is more useful, but mine might have its uses at times.

The description for each power, advantage, limitation, and skill has a distinct word after it. Type the listing you want with that word, and you've got the right spot without jumping through hoops.

For powers: "type"

For advantages and limitations: "value"

For skills: "[skill type]"

Examples...

shrinking type

autofire value

inventor intellect

(Skill searches will take you to the skills list first, and on the second 'enter' will take you to the description.)