OMCV Whats it good for (besides Mental Powers)

Tribal

Re: OMCV Whats it good for (besides Mental Powers)

Actually I told my players in my Champions Game to Sell down their OMCV to 1 (6e doesn't allow selling down to 0). It gave my player a whole 6 points that I hope they spent on interesting skills. No, I am not going to come up with an convoluted excuse to punish them for taking those 6points (as suggested in the rules). It's such a minor thing, I don't see the point in worrying about it.

I kind of hate the old think of "If something gives the players points, it should penalize them in someway."

BTW taking those 6points are not allowed in most Heroic level games. Unless those games happen to have mental powers as part of their genre.

I think that a scenario that "penalises" those who sold it back is appropriate (I think of it more as rewarding those who did not), to make it more than an oddball occasion is to be unfair.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: OMCV Whats it good for (besides Mental Powers)

I think that a scenario that "penalises" those who sold it back is appropriate (I think of it more as rewarding those who did not)' date=' to make it more than an oddball occasion is to be unfair.[/quote']

I think that's the key differentiation. To me, the character template is a baseline. If you spend points to exceed the baseline, that should come up in play, and if you get points back from being below the baseline that should also come up in play. Both highlight the character's differences from the baseline.