Microtransaction Store

freshrod

Greetings Fellow CO'ers

Cryptic has opened the microtransaction store. Glad they have. It was a missing piece. Now it's there.

1000 Cryptic points = $12.50

4 additional characters slots = 1200 points ($15)

Full retcon = 1000 points ($12.50)

Character rename = 280 points ($3.50)

2 additional costume slots = 400 points ($5.00)

The store also has some costume sets (240 each), emblem sets (80 each) and figurines (80 each) available.

I think they've done a good job with pricing. Not too high, so people can't aford what they want, but not too low, so everyone is respec'ing every other day.

Thoughts?

Re: Microtransaction Store

Pricing seems to be a contentious issue... from what I've read, it's an ask 10 people, get 11 different opinions sort of deal. I personally think the retcons are priced about double what they are worth but am content with the other values; other people seem to think even that is too much. I'm not about to get worked up about it though; I'll just pay for those things I think are reasonably priced if I want them, and ignore the rest. Ultimately that meant I bought 4 more character slots and may someday consider picking up the extra account-wide costume slots but am otherwise planning to mostly ignore the store.

If they really want to make some money' date=' they need to be selling me extra ranks and Advantages. ;)[/quote']

The boards would go ballistic if they offered that. :)

I bought the head costume set because it came with the witch's hat. Now I'll have to create a character to actually use it (though my main now has a Halloween outfit as one of her three costumes, to go with her regular outfit and secret identity).

I'm inclined to agree with those that think retcons shouldn't be sold by the store, but I don't care either way.

If they really want to make some money' date=' they need to be selling me extra ranks and Advantages. ;)[/quote']

Ha! Yeah, I kinda wish that as you level up you would get more ranks and advantages and fewer powers. Having more powers than you can slot really ties more to PvP than PvE. So they could offer more powers as unlocks for prestige points in PvP or something. And PvP doesn't seem as organized to even allow for different builds. What I mean is you really don't have time to say to your group, "Hey how do we want to build this team?... Ok I'll use such and such build and you use this and that build."

But as far as the prices, I think they are set at a good place.

If I were running the business, I'd make the one time buys, more expensive. You only have to buy extra costume and character slots once, and they effect all characters you make (right?). I'd make this cost a bit more. The retcon, people will want all the time. Make this cheap and keep it as a constant stream of revenu.