Free Champions Online Weekend!

SvZurich

Re: Free Champions Online Weekend!

I gave it a try, but I don't think I'll be buying it. I can't get used to the interface and the game just feels incomplete. Might give DCU Online a try when it comes out. Other than that I'm holding out for Star Wars: The Old Republic in 2010. Thought about Star Trek, but, after looking at CO from the same company, I think I'll probably be passing on that one too.

Sorry guys.

No worries, glad you tried it, but games resonate differently for people. Prefer CO with the Xbox 360 controller I picked up.

Now as for STO, debating on which ship class to go with. Tempted to stick with Heavy Cruiser for that awesome blend of capabilities.

So far it's much better than it was in Beta. I don't know if I was having a Video Card issue or something else, but all though beta the Millenium City zone looked hazy and blurry. Nothing I could do would make the zone look any good. So it turned me off big time. I replaced the 8800GTX with a 275gtx and the game looks much better.

The quests are ok, there is much more beef to the story. I LOVE how the changed Project Greenskin (basically destroying the whole base, which makes the whole zone much bigger)

I am having fun and the quests aren't boring, dunno if it's worth $50+ monthly to play. Auto attack deals with some of the 1,1,1.2....2....,1,1,1 etc game play of beta, though it is still there but disguised.

On the bad side, the models still have a very plastic look and many shadow textures are a bit too harsh. Some costume components still have clipping issues. I like the variety of costume pieces.

They still need to do more in the basic levels to lead the noobs around by the nose better. I felt glad that I knew where the entrance to the Champions HQ was. I was frankly baffled with how to train powers (It would have been nice to have a "Stand on the TP pad and get transfered to the Power trainer" once I lucked onto the pad and with a prayer that I wasn't transporting to a group instance, I found myself in the right place.

Glad this freebie weekend came up, it is allowing me to evaluate whether or not to buy the game.

Perhaps some of my boredom came from playing the game from late Alpha though to the open beta. It was hard seeing things that needed changes, but seeing nothing happen to make them better. Of course that IS the nature of a beta test.

See you on line.

Tasha

AKA Metalstorm

Welcome to the game Tasha! Is your ingame name @metalstorm? Anyone can have nearly any name before the @ sign, but it is what comes after that identifies you.

I am glad you are liking it more. I think Amazon has the game on sale for $40, and it is under $15 a month. I hope you stick around. Rachel Lokidottir is L14 now, she's dual blades with regeneration, and will be happy to help you out. Or if you don't mine a learning curve on my part, Caelestis the Malfunction Healbot is L7 and Celestial set and also willing to play with ya.

I tried it out... I think for about an hour. It's fun. I might like to continue playing now that the freebie weekend is up. However, I'm at a loss as to how to actually take the next step.

When I launch Champions online and get the News, Bloodmoon - Find Out More, and a greyed out Patch pow! with a track-bar that says "No shards found". I'm not sure what that means. I clicked account and logged in. It wants a key (I assume for getting access to the game) or something for the cryptic store.

Is there an easier way to actually get access to Champions Online? I know I'm missing something and feeling like my brain has density increase turned up way too high. The game is fun, but if it's this hard to get to, I'm not sure it's worth the trouble. I could use a big clue like a button that says {To PLAY After The Freebie Click Here}. :help:

I tried it out... I think for about an hour. It's fun. I might like to continue playing now that the freebie weekend is up. However, I'm at a loss as to how to actually take the next step.

When I launch Champions online and get the News, Bloodmoon - Find Out More, and a greyed out Patch pow! with a track-bar that says "No shards found". I'm not sure what that means. I clicked account and logged in. It wants a key (I assume for getting access to the game) or something for the cryptic store.

Is there an easier way to actually get access to Champions Online? I know I'm missing something and feeling like my brain has density increase turned up way too high. The game is fun, but if it's this hard to get to, I'm not sure it's worth the trouble. I could use a big clue like a button that says {To PLAY After The Freebie Click Here}. :help:

Go to http://www.champions-online.com/ Click the banner that says "BUY NOW". Go to the Cryptic Store. Pay $39.99us, and pick your payment plan for the monthly charge. Once your card clears (in a minute or so) you can log into the game and play.

Go to http://www.champions-online.com/ Click the banner that says "BUY NOW". Go to the Cryptic Store. Pay $39.99us' date=' and pick your payment plan for the monthly charge. Once your card clears (in a minute or so) you can log into the game and play.[/quote']

Thank you for the info.

I purchased it, but it's still not working for me. The download just installed the same thing I downloaded this weekend. Looks like there is a support forum. I'll check there.