Still Sleeping

Sean Waters

I was trying to work out how to build a power that made it look as if you were still sleeping or unconscious, even though you had actually woken up. This is what I came up with:

Still Sleeping: 9 Active 4 Real

Acting 13-, Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger requires a Turn or more to reset; Character wakes up; +1/4) (9 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Only to look like you are still asleep or unconscious; -1)

Could make quite a handy talent...but is there a better way?

Re: Still Sleeping

Acting 11- (Based on PRE) (3 Real Points)

Plus or minus with points as needed.

Or take Simulate Death, only for pretending to sleep. (don't have my book with me for costs and such, pardon)

Edit: I don't know why I didn't think you already built that with acting. Either way you could use Simulate Death (isn't that a talent somewhere?) /fail

LS: doesn't sleep is OK for supergames but is not really appropriate for heroic games - whereas becoming conscious without a watchful enemy being aware can be very useful both for information gathering and getting the drop. Also it is only 9 active points because there are two levels on the Acting ability: remove them and it becomes very cheap.

4 He Looks Like He's Asleep: Life Support (Sleeping: Character does not sleep), Inherent (+1/4) (4 Active Points) - END=0

This can then have a Limitation like "Character still has to go through motions of sleeping but loses no Perception" added for flavor if necessary.