Wolves Lair

Starwolf

Re: Wolves Lair

Have the changes that maya mentioned been taken care of?

I've been thinking about the group and think I have the Simmeret, the Sanguinary, and the Paladin backstory covered. We'll likely start the game in a Gobryn port city with the Paladin's initial arrival to Gobryn Duchy. The sanguinary with Simmeret mercenary await the arrival. As I don't have much information on any other PCs at this point... I'll go into further detail with individuals as the time nears, via either email (most likely) or PMs.

The changes have been made the new HDC fpr Vareth is enroute.

I am hyped and lookinf forward to this coming Friday. See ya then...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I groked that whole Sanguinary vs Atharian thing. I know that they are at odds philosophically and that Athariens would have a dangerous bias towards Sanguinaries. I figure most people would look on the Blood Mages with a mixture of suspicion' date=' revulsion, and maybe a little fear. However it says in the write up that Sanguinaries consider themselves to be keepers of knowledge and in some cases know more about Atharian magic (though they don't use it) than the Atharians themselves. In pursuit of such knowledge it follows that from time to time they must have a source of smuggling information out of the Academy, be that from a paid informant, or a spy. The information could come from any source, but at some point it must be passed to a Sanguinary to be recorded... In my back story at some point I acccompanied my teacher on a journey to the capitol to retrieve just such an information hand off. Having said all of that, while Atharians have this bias towards Blood Mages, Vareth holds no hatred in his heart for the mis-guided Atharians. To him they are like handling a snake, it must be done with caution to avoid being bitten, but the snake cannot help being a snake.[/quote']

It is far more likely that the information any Sanguinary gets about the Atharian style of magic is from Hedge Wizards, not Academy Trained Wizards and Hedge Wizards are far more common in the west than in teh east where the Academy has a very strong presence.

as before thanks for your input!

The short answer as to why she doesn't have more maneuvers in the "Knights Sword" is we ran out of points. The in character answer is that she is still a novice at some some things and is activley persueing advancement in training, specifically in continueing to learn this art, and more generally anything that will improve her warrior skills.

The area her map covers is the immediate area around the keep. She imagined it at the outset to be an abandoned stone structure, maybe even in need of repair. I am not sure about the cost of upkeep on a small abdandoned keep. IRL I have visited several in Europe (I am a Navy Veteran) that consisted of a small manor house (like a 3 or four bedreoom modern home in size), surrounded by a curtain wall with a couple of watch/guard stations on the parapets. Possibly with a small stable inside the walls to house and care for the couple of horses the residents might have. One time costs might consists of furnishings, and repairs. Ongoing costs would be meals, and a small stipend for her follower/page/manservant. But she would have those recurring costs regardless of whether she had the keep or not. IF (and this could be a big if) she is successful in making any converts in the local area, and persuads a Priest of Asuna to take up residence with her... church could be approached to use tithes to pay for any incidental cost of running the keep, and maybe buidling a small outbuilding/church house?

Hm, I listed those packages as minimums for the "professions" so they represent what a novice Paladin would have. But I'll leave that to Savinien as I'm not the GM and that's certainly open to him.

As for the manor costs, I have a great resource for that which I can supply detailed costs if Savinien wants to go that route.

As for the Church and tithes...good luck with that. The keep is far more likely to be burned to the ground than get any converts in any number that could support anything.

Don'tcha just love maya's happy go lucky attitude?

It's the truth! I swear it! :)

But seriously, an Asunite murderer forcing the conversion of innocent people under threat of the sword and then forcing them to pay for the privilege? Yeah, that's going to go over well. Whether she actually converts in that manner or not, that's how the majority of the peasantry will take it.

I would love to get the info, maya. I'm not sure how much of it I will use, if any, but I like to err on the side of caution with these things.

It's in a Rolemaster Book I have, so I can't scan it in for you, but send me the details of the keep (the more detailed the better) and I can send the info back to you.

It's in a Rolemaster Book I have' date=' so I can't scan it in for you, but send me the details of the keep (the more detailed the better) and I can send the info back to you.[/quote']

Okay. Will do.

As for the rest of you... My schedule has suddenly changed as I'm helping with the local High School Varsity girls team as an assistant and scout. What that means to you guys is this:

Game

Jan 8

Jan 22

Jan 29

Feb 5

I will likely be incomminicado until after 10pm my time.

Beyond that, the increased duties and my own procrastination have me ill-prepared for the game this Friday. I'll keep you posted and at least try and get some group emails flowing about my ideas and subsequent discussion in the mean time. I still want to run the game and play with y'all, I just can't do it on the above dates.

Wait, what does a scout for the local High School Varsity girl's team do?

I've only heard that term in relation to college or pro teams sending scouts to leagues below their own...

Go and watch other teams games to better prepare the team.

I have to agree with Solron. After discussing this with Terrie' date=' I think we will look for another game opportunity. Thanks anyway for trying Savinien.[/quote']

I understand the decision, but I can't say I'm not surprised. I thought we might be able to finagle the schedule a bit or something. We can always try again after the season is over in February.

yep, trying again is always an option. By mid February I will also be ready to run an Alternity Hero campaign, I am deep in the process of converting my original 5th edition Alternity Hero to 6th edition and throwing in some updates from the ultimate series of books. My orginal Alternity was done before even 5th edition Starhero came out so it needs lots of TLC before I will deem it ready for public consumption.