Cellular Shapeshift

Sean Waters

I'm creating a shapeshifter at present and I got to thinking - what is it that the 'cellular' adder does?

Fingerprints would require that you have Touch Shapeshift.

Presumably Retina Prints would require Sight Shapeshift.

What of DNA or blood type? that is usually detected chemically - and the nearest we have to a 'chemical sense' is Taste/Smell.

I mean, I suppose the answer is 'it depends how you build your DNA detectors', but what do you think? Is 'Taste/Smell' the logical sense to fool DNA or blood detection?

Re: Cellular Shapeshift

you are going to have to get vs each sense if you want to cover them all

it was so easy in 4th ed

I just bought invisible power effect to create the effect of a perfect copy

there is an adder for cellular on page 279 of 6e bk 1

I'm creating a shapeshifter at present and I got to thinking - what is it that the 'cellular' adder does?

Fingerprints would require that you have Touch Shapeshift.

Presumably Retina Prints would require Sight Shapeshift.

What of DNA or blood type? that is usually detected chemically - and the nearest we have to a 'chemical sense' is Taste/Smell.

I mean, I suppose the answer is 'it depends how you build your DNA detectors', but what do you think? Is 'Taste/Smell' the logical sense to fool DNA or blood detection?

It depends on how you build your DNA detectors. :eg:

If I were building a 'medical' version, I'd probably go with an Enhanced Sense (Detect) with Analyze and place it in the Unusual Sense group. If you have some sort of Vampiric Sense where you can find such things by tasting the blood, I would go with Taste/Smell.

Multiform for those that have powers you might want to have a copy of

just have 1 form that can still shape shift for playing one of those forgettable agents when sneaking through the villain's base

taking their form down to the cellular level will help in bypassing those pesky retinal/fingerprint/voice/etc.. scanners

the thing is once you set a form for that multiform you are stuck with it and if it is just some shmoe you copied and will never get used again is a waste

At some point' date=' it will be cheaper and easier just to get multiform.[/quote']

for me Multi form is a power that when you set a slot for it (a specific form)it has to stay that way

that slot can grow and evolve but the basic concept is set

you want to copy Lassie cool

Lassie can even learn new tricks (expanding how many points she is)but you will always have that slot as Lassie

now having a slot of your shape shifter's multiform that has shape shift in it I got no problems

you could even go with a various level of Transform to mimic a foe

you just need to set a control to remove the transform if you used it to alter your powers so you did not have the transform any longer

a character I have in game online at HC may get this power for cosmetic changes (looks, voice and smell)

her other Glamour powers all fade at dawn and so would this it would also have a control piece (jewerly,hat,scarf,etc that if it came off the transform would be undone)

a VPP that allowed you to change the multiform slot after it has been set is a bit cheesy for me

Multiform in a VPP or' date=' possibly multiform with variable sfx might get round that, effectively allowing you to change what you appear to be each time.[/quote']

You can buy twice as many Multiforms for +5 points. That rapidly becomes more slots than you will even need (20 points gets you 16 forms and 25 gets you 32 etc), and 5 points of experience gets you twice as many again if you ever look like running out: use a slot once and never again and you still have not wasted a lot of points. Get GM permission not to pre-write the slots.

To be honest that is not going to work out much more expensive than the control cost of the VPP.