Megamovement DCV errata ?

Crypt

Re: Megamovement DCV errata ?

Asking me what the possible issues are will do you no good because I really haven't used Megascale. ... If you want to know what balance issues Steve Long feels there might be you'll have to read his mind because he won't discuss design decisions.
Well, I have used Megascale, and I can tell you that there is no balance reason to give it higher DCV than equivalent high-NCM movement. As for what Steve Long thinks about it, I find it more likely he could make a minor math error than that he would intentionally make the already-cheaper option stronger for "balance" reasons.

I really can't see how it would make sense. We're not talking about moving at normal speed vs moving at megaspeed - we're talking about moving at 12km/phase because you bought megascale running, vs moving at 12km/phase because you bought a huge non-combat multiplier for your running. One is not faster than the other, and I can see no reason one would have a different DCV result.

Please bear in mind that I still do not yet own 6e or the APG. Subsequently the following might be totally irrelevant assuming that, since they have gone unmentioned, the acceleration rules for Megascale movement have not been changed significantly from those of 5e/5er.

In 5e/5er it states that acceleration rules where '+5" velocity/1" moved' are unchanged when using Megascale movement.

Just the scaling is changed. At Megascale velocity an 'inch' just represents whatever Megascale multiplier is being used.

This means that Megascale movement functions somewhere between high NC-multiple movement with the Rapid Noncombat Movement (+1/4) Advantage & high NC-multiple movement with the Noncombat acceleration/deceleration (+1) Advantage.

If the base number of 'inches' (or meters) is 5" (10 meters) then it's closer to the (+1) version.

The ability to accelerate/decelerate to a high velocity and back to a stop within a matter of a few seconds is significant in itself.

Maybe this is part of the reason for the apparent discrepancy.

Asking me after I've repeatedly said I don't use it will get you nowhere.

:) Why do you bother posting in this thread ? That's beyond my comprehension, lol.

But Steve already said that it wasn't an error...
Authority is not reason.

:) Why do you bother posting in this thread ? That's beyond my comprehension' date=' lol.[/quote']

Authority is not reason.

I never said it was a reason. I wasn't even talking to you. Did you bother to read the post above mine? It suggested that Steve had made an error in his math. I was correcting this obviously wrong suggestion (it being obviously wrong because Steve already said there is no mistake). That doesn't mean I'm supporting the official ruling, or saying that Steve and his decisions are perfect, or in any other way contradicting you. I was only addressing the faulty idea that there was an unknown math error.

Also, your response to Vurbal is rude. If you actually read his first post you wouldn’t have asked him pointless questions leading him to the statement you quoted above.

:) Why do you bother posting in this thread ? That's beyond my comprehension' date=' lol.[/quote']

Because it was such a basic reasoning error the specifics weren'T important. When somebody says "only this way of thinking about it is right" they will be wrong 100% of the time. That's the nature of Hero whether you're talking about Megascale movement or anything else.