Champions vs. Crowns of Krim

Agent X

Originally posted by OddHat

You underestimate the value of the Protected By The Plot Perk each of the Champions receives.

"Ha! Defeating those fools was easy! Bloodstone, kill them!"

"Yes Dark...wait. For some reason I feel the urge to put them all into an easily escapeable death trap."

"What!? Dont't be...Yes. Yes, that's right. A deathtrap."

"Should I explain all of our plans to them before I leave them unguarded master?"

"Yes, yes of course. Make sure you leave all of their gadgets and weapons nearby. Store their foci in the same room where I keep the one weapon that can destroy me."

"Yes my lord."

The Crowns don't have a chance.

:cool:

You know, that's a fantastic idea.

10d6 mind control, fully invisible, AOE Radius, 0 END Persistant, cumulative, telepathic (237 Active Points)

Always On (-0), Set Effect (only to convince villain to leave hero alive), requires a COM roll (assume COM of 20) with 2 levels of luck.

Real Points: 67

The 'fully invisible' is at the full +1 advantage level. I can't find a rule to this effect in FREd, but if I remember, the Ultimate Mentalist (4th ed) said fully invisible mental powers were at the full +1 level. I'm sure with more effort I could get it down further. But that's neat. Possibly an 'only while unconscious' limitation. How many GMs out there would let this power construct into their games? :)

Or could just go with the ever-popular 20d6 Continuous AoE Flash vs Common Sense.

Originally posted by Lupus

The 'fully invisible' is at the full +1 advantage level. I can't find a rule to this effect in FREd, but if I remember, the Ultimate Mentalist (4th ed) said fully invisible mental powers were at the full +1 level. I'm sure with more effort I could get it down further. But that's neat. Possibly an 'only while unconscious' limitation. How many GMs out there would let this power construct into their games? :)

Or could just go with the ever-popular 20d6 Continuous AoE Flash vs Common Sense.

Hide Effects of Power works for Mental Powers; check the FAQ. :)

I kind of like 12d6 Luck, only to keep character alive (-1), Special Effect: Stupid Foes, real cost:30 points. ;)

As for the Champs Hunting the Crowns of Krim, each of the Crowns has them as an individual Hunted, the whole team vs. one Crown, with the power of the Hunter rated on that basis: "More Powerful" for most of the Crowns, "As Powerful" for Dark Seraph (which tells you something right there). [/b]

:eek:

I saw that, and it just didn't register until you pointed it out. Each of these villains is powerful in a nearly-master-villain sorta way. Geez, I gotta really learn to look at *Point Totals* occasionally! :o

Okay, so maybe I should just have one or two show up. I want a challenge, not a slaughter. I kinda like Bloodstone--his ability to "smell" blood as a Targeting Sense is too cool to pass up. This character seems like it was designed for my group, which is a *bit* over-reliant on Darkness. I'd like to see the look on their faces when they realize that even in the Darkness he can still target them!

Time to do some homework! (in the good GM sense) :D

MWAH-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!

[Edited for clarity]

Originally posted by Lord Liaden

In case you weren't aware of it, making Mental Powers Fully Invisible is only a +1/2 Advantage, since they are already invisible to all Sense Groups except the Mental one; FREd p. 168 under "Invisible Power Effects."

I think he was thinking of adding Hide Effects of Powers, which adds +1 to the costs. The current release of Heromaker has the total at +2 for the effect; the FAQ just mentions doubling the cost as per FREd p.169.