Astronomers to find new Earth, Real Soon Now

Old Man

Re: Astronomers to find new Earth, Real Soon Now

Wait, I may have forgotten a few.....need to check my list at home :D I think when I count up all the On the other side of the sun planets out there, we're gonna end up with something as wonky as the system set up for Firefly. :D

~Rex

Thinking of going the Clone Angle myself. Though I might have to fight for land with the armies controlled by the Cryo frozen Walt Disney when I get there.

~Rex....Sci Fi....No limits.....unless you want to trademark the term, heh.

Thinking of going the Clone Angle myself. Though I might have to fight for land with the armies controlled by the Cryo frozen Walt Disney when I get there.

~Rex....Sci Fi....No limits.....unless you want to trademark the term, heh.

Get 6, that way you might have a few left over after your conversations with Friend Computer.

I'll upload myself into a computer and send a probe consisting of a chunk of computronium the size of a soda can, and a batch of general-purpose nanites which, when I arrive, will build the equipment to build the equipment to re-instantiate me as a physical being.

Sadly' date=' you're wrong.

Yeah... it was stuff like this (as well as MKULTRA, BLUEBIRD, and ARTICHOKE) that enabled me to justify why there are 900-point espers running around in the year 2030 in my Kazei 5 setting. I just decided the projects worked!

I'll upload myself into a computer and send a probe consisting of a chunk of computronium the size of a soda can' date=' and a batch of general-purpose nanites which, when I arrive, will build the equipment to build the equipment to re-instantiate me as a physical being.[/quote']

Well, if we're off in pure handwavium territory, we might as well make the ship FTL and skip all that.

I tried a wave and a snap to. Still nothing (the person I wish to send far far away is still here nagging me), BUT, I like that computronium thing. That has game potentiality in a transhumanist kind of way.

~Rex

(Disclaimer: this is NOT directed at anyone here.)

I just find it funny that people who scoff at the idea of FTL or anti-gravity technology as "science fantasy" will turn around and speak of things like "computronium" and "nanites" as if they're a given, and then you ask them how to make "computronium", or how theyr'e going to overcome the basic physical (energy, waste heat, etc) hurdles of making nanites as depicted in their futurist visions, they say "I don't know but I'm sure it will be figured out soon", often followed by a far-off smling gaze and some blather about The Singularity!!!!

(Disclaimer: this is NOT directed at anyone here.)

I just find it funny that people who scoff at the idea of FTL or anti-gravity technology as "science fantasy" will turn around and speak of things like "computronium" and "nanites" as if they're a given, and then you ask them how to make "computronium", or how theyr'e going to overcome the basic physical (energy, waste heat, etc) hurdles of making nanites as depicted in their futurist visions, they say "I don't know but I'm sure it will be figured out soon", often followed by a far-off smling gaze and some blather about The Singularity!!!!

We'll resolve all of these issues once we can get our hands on that Unobtanium guarded by all those nearly nekkid 10' tall Smurfy catgirls.

In space.

With ninja.

And robots.

And stuff.