Looking for an online Fantasy Hero game...

Narf the Mouse

...Looking for:

1) Fun. I play to be awesome, kill evil and take its stuff.

2) No complex backstory that I *need* to know. I want to play, not do homework.

3) A real challenge. Cakewalks are boring.

Do not want:

1) "Shades of Gray" - See "Fun"

2) Railroad adventures - I'll bite plot-hooks, but if every road leads to "GM's Decision", there's no point in playing.

Can play: Evenings; not Saturday, I'm trying to schedule something then.

I'm decent at tactics and character building and I enjoy team play. I tend to build a character through play, so don't be suprised or panic if I come to the game with a thin back-story - That's just the foundation I'm going to build on. I can play a variety of characters, with varying degrees of skill.

I like some humour, but, despite it may suprise you, not "Laugh-a-minute" by any means. I don't mind a little grimness in pursuit of a good game.

If you know of such a game or are running such a game, please notify me here.

Thanks for any and all help.

Re: Looking for an online Fantasy Hero game...

all the ones I'm in do

there might be a bit of IM chat ,but all the game play and RP takes place in those games

some stuff that comes up may be on that games general messages and not the Story Board, but those are rules questions and the like

I'm in

A new dawn (PA fantasy)

Sentry city (Super heroes)

thing that go bump(super agents occult based)

Silver age super heroes

Wildcats Assemble(teen supers)

Sorry, not what I'm looking for. That is, as far as I can see, a "Shades of Gray" campaign. An army to "restore peace to the land" of "anyone who'll show up and wear these handy monitoring amulets" with its own internal inquisition and a high possibility of party in-fighting.

Well, I took another look, but four games for Kamarathan(sp?), which isn't a setting I'm interested in and one that's improperly marked open.

I could probably ask the GM's of closed games, but I'd think if they did have room, they'd have "Accepting players" up.

Hiya Narf,

All of the campaigns I'm running have the 'Accepting Players' listed because I allow Lurkers to follow the campaign without having to login to Hero Central, in addition, registered Lurkers get first choice of openings should they happen. That being said, there is very little combat in my games and they tend to delve into minutia more than many people care for.

There's a lot of 'Shades of grey' in my games, too. :)

That being said, you are more than welcome to lurk from near or afar on any of my games. Which one interested you?

• 2 weeks later...