6E Bastard Sword

FreeDice

How is it built in 6E? I'm trying to build magical weapons in HD, and I want to start with the basics as defined by the book.

I've got:

Bastard Sword

• HKA 1 ½d6 (25 Active Points); STR Min 9-13, Real Weapon, Required Hands One-And-A-Half-Handed
  • Stretching 1m, Reduced Endurance (0 END); Only To Cause Damage, Always Direct, no Noncombat Stretching

But that's a 26/9 AP/RP build. 204 of 6E2 costs it out as 39/13.

What am I missing from those weapon builds?

Re: 6E Bastard Sword

Bastard Sword: HKA 1 1/2D6; 0 Endurance (+1/2) (37 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Min 13 (-1/2), 1 1/2 Handed (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4) (12 Real Points) + 1 m Reach (1 AP/RP) = 38 Active Points/13 Real Points.

The book has a typo stating 39 Active Points, it should be 38.

6E has Reach, which is a funny kind of Stretching. It's got a bunch of Limitations and Advantages on it, but those seem to be 'background' similar to how Talents are built. It just kind of shows us how it was done, because regardless of how much Reach you buy, it only costs 1 pt (whereas if you actually building Reach with Stretching and the Mods does lead to higher costs than 1pt / 1m).

If you're feeling really experimental, you could build the bastard sword using a Multipower.

Slot 1: damage for sword used one-handed (useful if you've got a shield or are riding a horse)

Slot 2: damage for sword used two-handed

Slot 3: damage for sword used with the half-sword technique (shorter reach, better control)

Slot 4: damage for pommel strikes

etc.

You could even make training rules such that an untrained person can only use the first two slots of the multipower. Additional slots are added as a result of training.

If you're feeling really experimental, you could build the bastard sword using a Multipower.

Slot 1: damage for sword used one-handed (useful if you've got a shield or are riding a horse)

Slot 2: damage for sword used two-handed

Slot 3: damage for sword used with the half-sword technique (shorter reach, better control)

Slot 4: damage for pommel strikes

etc.

You could even make training rules such that an untrained person can only use the first two slots of the multipower. Additional slots are added as a result of training.

I will file that away for a future musketeers campaign, but given that most of the swords in my current campaign have +2d6K against Undead or Teleporting or Flash, I think the base damage doesn't need that much work. ;-) But thank you. That opens up a lot of possibilities.

0 END on the HKA will bring the AP to 37' date=' my gut says the other 2 points is a mistake, unless the sword is Stretching 2m but I don't think so[/quote']

A bastard/hand-and-a-half sword is usually around 48" to 60" long. So... I'd say it might get +1m of Reach. Great swords are upwards of 72" long. Which is at least +1m of Reach.

A bastard/hand-and-a-half sword is usually around 48" to 60" long. So... I'd say it might get +1m of Reach. Great swords are upwards of 72" long. Which is at least +1m of Reach.

Both of of length "M" on the weapons table, which makes them +1m Reach as described under "Weapon Length" on 6E2/C&A p. 201.