Character ideas; first post kinda...

Fenixcrest

Sorta first post. I responded to some stuff in the past, but this is my first topic.

I'd just like to run these character ideas by some people. The setting is a kind of high-powered magic-oriented world. People with superpowers are the result of either magical mutations or they have access to powerful technology.

The characters in question are normally elite members of the local military. However, I eventually intend to use them in an alternate timeline kinda story arc as evil generals.

They are both magic-mutants, mutants basically. They are a brother and sister duo. The boy is called Dynamo, and is capable of producing almost unlimited energy. The girl is called Entropy, and is capable of absorbing almost unlimited energy. Both of their powers are peristent and always on, causing Dynamo to constantly burn with a bright and destructive energy, and causing Entropy to reduce everything she touches to Absolute Zero. Their powers tend to cancel each other out; unstoppable force meets unmovable object.

Anyway, I'm just wondering what you folks think of the character concepts. I can elaborate if you'd like me to. Truth be told, I dunno if I'll ever get around to using them, but it's good to have characters handy. Thank you for your input.

Hard to figure what motivations either of them would have beyond random destruction. They can't wear clothing, hold a credit card, pick up a phone, use a computer, sit in a chair...they can't really have minions since they can't interact with anyone over a distance. They either need a suite of psionic powers to make up for these problems (telepathy and TK would help) or they need to be able to turn their powers off, maybe by spending END.

The War of the Twins is a classic plotline; some tweaking could make them fun characters. The question always comes down to "What do they want?"

Ah! Thank you for your input. As for "What they want," it seems to be matters of circumstance. In the normal universe, they remain in isolation and their opposite powers keep each other in check until they need to be called into duty as a last-ditch collective destruction machine.

In the alternate universe wherein they become important, they are evil generals for an intergalactice warlord who is actually living in mortal fear of their powers.

Either way, they're pretty maladjusted. Because of their cosmic-level atomic energy properties, they've come to pretty much perceive everything as just another part of the reality that they can't quite come into proper contact with; inanimate or living, it doesn't matter. Some of the stuff can apparently talk, but they all burn (or crumble) the same.

It actually is possible to stop their powers- Dynamo constantly produces energy as a biproduct of his being alive. It's cosmic in its nature, but it's still fueled by his bioenergy. If he dies (or is tricked into "thinking" he's dead, like from a sudden massive physical shock to his brain), he extinguishes briefly, not that he's concious of it. Likewise, Entropy's powers become inert if she absorbs so much energy (like from a large-scale nuclear strike) that her void actually becomes briefly filled.

To a certain extent, they might be interested in a cure. However, their perceptions about other beings are so out of whack, that they would never be able to function among normal people. It's true that the two are practically gods; they contain ultimate potential for creation and destruction, but both has just one of those abilities in its most raw extreme, and has very little control over that ability's basic functionality. They can form their energies into powers, but they can't make them stop.

Theoretically, in either universe, they will probably be forced to leave earth. They will either experience a collective epiphany (psychic link, anyone) and discover that they are a danger to countless lives, or they will part ways and try to find peace in space when their lives become filled with battle and war, or the PCs will somehow destroy them...

Okay, rant over. Thank you for the input, though. Seriously- it helped me think about motivations. I'll have to do some refining.

Both of them have powers, plural. Those powers are derived from their basic destructive natures.

Dynamo's powers (flight, various explodey things, various personal aid powers, Force Field, sight group flash) are all found in the same elemental control as his Persistent RKA (no range) Damage Shield. All of his powers are fueled by a huge, fast-recovering END pool. His stats are generally higher than those of a competent normal.

Likewise, Entropy's powers are also found in one big elemental control, but they are rearranged and kind of weird. She has a several Persistent Absorbs linked together to siphon energy from around her constantly into her END, stats, and Elemental Control. She also has a Persistent Transfer "END to variable" Damage Shield. In addition to this, she has several attack powers, as well as flight and a force field. In her natural, un-boosted (almost never occurs for her unless she's somehow isolated from all energy for a large amount of time) are those of a standard to competent normal.

Yes, both are built on a ridiculously high "To be determined upon writeup" number of points. Hell, I might re-evaluate them as flatout demigods in the normal universe. It'd make more sense, anyway. Maybe they can be the guardians of the Final Storm, the point where light and darkness swirl together... or something. *rattles off random campaign info*

Woo. Thanks, everybody.