PSLs, Combat Manuevers, penalties, etc.

slaughterj

Re: PSLs, Combat Manuevers, penalties, etc.

I'm not sure why CSLs are being suggested. I think this is just +X DCV' date=' where X is the max your DCV could normally be, with the limitation that it only applies to counter half DCV from (situation/situations). I think you would need some for of Desolidification to avoid entangles setting you to DCV 0 as mentioned above, though.[/quote']

Why are we including Entangles in a conversation about grappling? They are not only different mechanically but different (usually) SFX wise as well. I don't think being tied hand and foot, stuck in a glue bomb, or even simply hand-cuffed/shackled equate at all to the situation faced when grappling whether as the grabber or grabby, whether we are talking real world/"realistic" or in terms of game mechanics.

I don't think I'd give a DCV penalty (besides maybe the one for the Grab maneuever itself in the Phase you execute it) when/while you are Grabbing a willing, inanimate, or unconscious/helpless target; I'd only use it if you are engaged in a competitive grappling contest (where you're having to make contested Str rolls).

Actually that might be a good one to pass by Steve Long. I think I will.

I don't think I'd give a DCV penalty (besides maybe the one for the Grab maneuever itself in the Phase you execute it) when/while you are Grabbing a willing, inanimate, or unconscious/helpless target; I'd only use it if you are engaged in a competitive grappling contest (where you're having to make contested Str rolls).

Actually that might be a good one to pass by Steve Long. I think I will.

Yet you still can't teleport with an unconscious person without buying UAA