Ctrl+V

Ragitsu

Re: Ctrl+V

The thing is, i always liked the "harsh" continue/game over screens that Capcom had. It illustrated a rather important point that was somewhat lacking in a lot of earlier games: if you, the hero, failed to get back up and continue fighting, then you died. The bad guy won. Which, in retrospect, made me wanna continue. I didn't want to see my hero die. In a lot of games back then, if you didn't continue, you were just "defeated," but, in these ones, you were DEAD. No going back. That's awesome.

• Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ragitsu

• Certified

• tkdguy

• Clonus

Who’s strong and brave, here to save the American Way?

Who vows to fight like a man for what’s right night and day?

Who will campaign door-to-door for America,

Carry the flag shore to shore for America,

From Hoboken to Spokane,

The Star Spangled Man with a Plan!

We can’t ignore there’s a threat and a war we must win,

Who’ll hang a noose on the goose-stepping goons from Berlin?

Who will [indeed] heed the call for America,

Who’ll rise or fall, give his all for America,

Who’s here to prove that we can?

Stalwart and steady and true,

(see how this guy can shoot, we tell ya, there’s no substitute!)

Forceful and ready to defend the

Red, White, and Blue!

Who’ll give the Axis the sack, and is smart as a fox?

(far as an eagle will soar)

Who’s making Adolph afraid to step out of his box?

(He knows what we’re fighting for!)

Who [waked the giant that napped in] America?

We know it’s no-one but Captain America,

Who’ll finish what they began?

Who’ll kick the Krauts to Japan?

(Who’s strong and brave, here to save the American way?!)

So I read this book about 10 years ago.

I remember there were "magical" deer that migrated once or twice a year and that's kind of background on the story.

So the townspeople bring this girl a baby and she has to eat a plant to make her milk and she nurses it. Somewhere in here she shoots one of the magical deer and it has golden blood. The arrow she shoots it with turns gold too. I think the deer is supposed to be the boys father. The arrow always points towards the deer so she knows where they are migrating. The boy grows up and starts to follow them (I think he turns into a deer). The boy and the girl end up falling in love somewhere in there too and she has the golden arrow to tell her when he is coming.

“Hey, somebody promised this morning that they weren’t going to cry, remember?” Jack prodded playfully, but the corners of his own eyes were stinging as his uncle adjusted his monocle to swipe a handkerchief underneath. So he fixed the problem by grabbing the stuffy old gentleman up so that his feet dangled a full inch off the floor and hugging him tightly. “You know you’ve been the best uncle ever, right? You got a surprise kid dumped in your lap and you took care of me like I was actually your responsibility. I couldn’t ask for more than that.”

Lt. Gorman should have never ordered Sgt Apone to remove all of his men's magazines; this creates too many problems and other queries for me.

Firstly, they are meant to be well-trained marines, who obey every order given, even if the order leads to their deaths. So if Gorman said no fire from your rifles and fire from their side-arms only, they should have obeyed them. Even then if they come under attack, they should have been brave and skilled enough to deal with them with just their 9mm's.

Second. Just before the attack, Hicks has his shotgun out and you can see Frost with his side-arm, but Crowe and Wierzbowski are seen still holding their rifles with no magazine in them, rendering these two soldiers useless during the forthcoming battle, as they are not holding their side-arms at the ready. This might explain Wierzbowski's death, as Crowe is blown in half by the ammo exploding from Frost's bag, but Wierzbowski's survives and is then killed by a alien, so if he had been ready for the battle, he might have survived. (Just an observation, he might have been too wounded to fight, from the explosion and was easy prey for an alien)

And for me, this creates problems later in the film, after the drop-ship crashes destroying the APC. Thus leaving the remaining survivors with hardly any ammo, none of the marines had used there pulse rifles at that point. So they would have had plenty of ammo left.

After the crash, Hicks said they had recovered four pulse rifles with one magazine each from the wreckage, but why did they not arm up before being picked up by the drop-ship. Once again their training should have indicated to them to be armed and ready for the unexpected, especially after losing over half of their team about fifteen minutes before.

"I like to keep this handy for close encounters"