The Champions of Evil

OddHat

How to say this?

Cable is a John Wayne wanna be without the Duke's charisma.

Cable is style without substance.

He's got so many twists and turns to his origin he ends up being nothing more than an abstract parody of the genre we're expected to take seriously.

Cable tries to be cool, but at best he's 'kewl' in a cheesey way.

YMMV, of course.

Originally posted by Hermit

Let's see, in 4th Edition, I lifted a suggestion from Malichite's treatment of Obsidian and had him clone a female Brick of a player. That worked okay.

I will probably do something similiar with Teleios.

Backworld (from Champions in 3d) worked wonders! I've used it more than once, and each time it ended up really riling the PCs (While still letting the players have fun), There is definitely an extra effort to beat out their evil selves. It worked well, and left many strings I can pick up later.

I am currently considering a "Rip Off" team, super heroes in it for the cash who have similar powers to the PCs, and are capitalizing in on their good will by duping them. Since the PCs aren't registered, they may have no legal recourse. Should be quite the blow out.

Interesting twist on the whole Backworld deal, I'm wondering if anybody has done this in thier own campaign. Basically, the Backworld version of the characters comes to our dimension and team up with the character's archenemies in order to defeat them. In return, the characters must team up with the Backworld version of thier archenemies in order to keep from getting clobbered.

Is this idea really as original as I think it is?

Anybody else used it?

Originally posted by Twilight

Interesting twist on the whole Backworld deal, I'm wondering if anybody has done this in thier own campaign. Basically, the Backworld version of the characters comes to our dimension and team up with the character's archenemies in order to defeat them. In return, the characters must team up with the Backworld version of thier archenemies in order to keep from getting clobbered.

Is this idea really as original as I think it is?

Anybody else used it?

No, not yet :)

Though it's very close to what I had planned for the 'rematch' between the PCs and their opposites. Nice idea!