Dungeon World (working title)

Mostlyjoe

I'm in the early brainstorming stages of a Fantasy HERO based Urban Fantasy game. I'm trying to hash out some details about characters/magic items/and world management. Here is the setting pitch:

10 years ago a great seal was opened and all the hidden places on our world opened up. Dark corners opened into hellish pits, abandoned buildings became golbin markets, and the grand Labyrinth opened betneath us. The Labyrinth in a nutshell is a vast underworld of interconnected dimensonal layers that seem towards the "Golden Realm". (That's us btw: We're the prize at the end. The lost civilization of wonders. Or so the few refugees that have exited have told us.)

The world went nuts for a few years. But eventually we found out the Laybrith was passive, it's just there touching our world in the dark corners, and lost allys. Didn't take long for some venture capitalists to rub two pennies together before expedition teams looking for profit started going below. They brought back artifacts, "magic" (jury is still out what this stuff is...), and other things that have become very valuable to those willing to go deep.

It's the 10th year since the maze below opened up, and your a pro hired to go deep looking for riches. You're going deep!

PC's are a mix of ex-military, hired professional experts, big game hunters, thrill seakers, dumb shmucks, and refugee guides all plumbing the depths of the Labyrinth for their patrons.

I'm currently debating the best starting point value for this crew. I'm going to allow for limited magic, action movie powers (ala Pulp Hero), and a good handful of military gear. General focus of the game will be exploration and discovery with some cool monster fights, dealing with the 'locals'.

Basically, magical StarGate. Thoughts? Suggestions for starting points? I'll throw more as I hash out ideas here.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Dungeon World (working title)

I guess the first thing is all your players going to be human. You could probably cookie cut things. There are various threads going on now about this same thing.

Commando hero, Monster Hunter International, and a new one on the other genres section.

CES

Links? What I remember of the original thread was generally good.

Re: Dungeon World (working title)

Links? What I remember of the original thread was generally good.

The monster hunter threads are in the Dark Champions forum. The Commando Hero is in Other Genres. They should still be at the top of the first page somewhere. I don't have the links handy.

CES