Online VOIP game (Interest Check)

kytanos

I love the hero's system, I love supers game's, I also love the fast paced, social nature of VOIP gaming. There are millions of other nerd's out there. So hear me out my fellow heroites.

I can not GM a game myself, or rather I am not confident in my abilities to deliver a quality game. but I figure I can not be the only one interested in both gaming voip and hero system. If there is enough interest, and a little bit of patience, a campaign will emerge from the ether. The last time I made one of these a game got off the ground, then ended due to the gm having work issues or some such.

Now, let's get cracking.

Re: Online VOIP game (Interest Check)

I am inclined to say that I am interested, if we can choose a day/time that doesn't conflict with my current games.

I have a preference towards supers, but am willing to try a star hero or fantasy hero game.

I have a Skype acct with Skypeout so, if any of the players don't own a headset, I can call their cellphones/landlines.

I GMed the prior game that Kytanos is talking about, The Exemplars. I had to pull the plug on its first run due to technical problems rather than scheduling ones; the motherboard on the computer I was using to host the game went bad, and took its RAM chips with it in a puff of smoke and burning plastic when it finally overloaded. I've since replaced the hardware. I still intend to GM an online Champions game, but I am still "in development" regarding it; before assaying the task I need to do a bunch of macro programming to facilitate the Hero System's complex moving parts. When I am satisfied that I have enough preprepared resources in place to address the game flexibly while finding a balance between free form and bogging down in the rules I'll start recruiting again. I project that won't be until December at the earliest, after I get married and come back from my honeymoon.

In the interim, if somebody wants to GM an online Champions game of their own I would definitely be interested in trying it out as a player, though most of November I will be unavailable due to said marriage and honeymoon.

...I need to do a bunch of macro programming to facilitate the Hero System's complex moving parts.

My Tuesday night game uses MapTools, one of our players & I created some simple macros for handling normal & killing attacks for the transition from Herochat.

Oh yeah, that's right. I remember clearly now, Those where some bad technical issues :-(

(As for my preference's as a Player, I'd prefer super's but may play something else if it's good. I also strongly prefer roleplay, investigation and interaction to combat grind fest.)

My Tuesday night game uses MapTools' date=' one of our players & I created some simple macros for handling normal & killing attacks for the transition from Herochat.[/quote']

Yes, I'm also working with Maptool; the macros I'm developing are a little complex. If your Tuesday game has space I'd love to sit in, either as a player or as a lurker to see how your implementation works.

MapTool has a developer's board for sharing campaign frameworks, and this site's "other software" board serves a similar function; my work is based on Nolgoroth's campaign 6E framework published therein. It is difficult to transfer macros between frameworks, however, as even miniscule differences in campaign properties will often make them unusable without rewriting and adaptation.

• 2 weeks later...