healing chant

slikmar

Hey all,

Quick question. One of the things we adopted in our previous fantasy game (not Fantasy Hero), was the ability of our healers to do a Chant that was in effect a low level, area effect heal that could eventually put everyone in the area up to full. This was more of a hit point system, but I would like the healers to be able to do the same thing. I realize cumulative is not supposed to be allowed for healing (why i am not sure), so am looking for suggestions on this.

The worry about cumulative Healing is that it would make damage pretty meaningless after a short while out of combat.

But if you're not worried much about it, you can take advantages to increase the frequency with which Healing may be usefully re-applied. It's +1/4 per step down from daily, so +1 1/2 gets you down to once per turn. FH allows AE radius to be a "voice radius", anyone within earshot, which should be another element you're after. So you might have something like:

1d6 standard Healing, reapplicable after 1 turn (+1 1/2), AE- voice radius (+1), extra time - 1 turn (-1 1/4), incantations (-1/4), or 14 real points if not for the likely additional limitations.

Since you've got a low base point level and you're piling on advantages, you might opt to get a Healing that covers several characteristics at once. +1/2, for instance, would do STUN and BODY together, for much faster BODY Healing than standard Healing offers.

I'm really tired, and should be in bed now, so forgive me for not crunching all the numbers here for you.

The best way, IMO, to do this is to buy a large Healing power with Area Effect, Gradual Effect, and Incantations Throughout. This way, you get some healing soon after you start, and a little more a little later, etc, but as soon as the chanting stops, the spell ends, even if all the dice weren't rolled. For instance, if you have an 8d6 Healing that takes 20 minutes for full effect, you in essence have 2d6 every 5 minutes four times.

Is this coherent? I really need to get to bed.