My copy of Sidekick finally arrived!

Black

Re: My copy of Sidekick finally arrived!

IMHO creating HERO System Sidekick was one of the best moves the current owners of Hero Games ever made. Finally, a simplified teaching version of the system for all those potential players intimidated by the massive awesomeness of the full rules. ;)

In case anyone is unaware of it, the new HERO System Basic Rulebook is essentially Sidekick for the Sixth Edition.

IMHO creating HERO System Sidekick was one of the best moves the current owners of Hero Games ever made. Finally, a simplified teaching version of the system for all those potential players intimidated by the massive awesomeness of the full rules. ;)

In case anyone is unaware of it, the new HERO System Basic Rulebook is essentially Sidekick for the Sixth Edition.

Then why not just call it Sidekick again? :smoke:

All I ned to do is pick up my copy of Champions from work and then hit the library. :)

Then why not just call it Sidekick again? :smoke:

I imagine Steve Long wants to make certain that potential customers won't confuse the 5E book for the 6E one. But it's also at least partly because Steve was tired of some purchasers complaining that they couldn't tell what some 5E books dealt with from their titles. So for 6E he's eschewing clever or stylish titles in favor of ones so self-explanatory that, as he put it, "even a baboon can understand them." :snicker: