Looking for story ideas

JmOz

Okay, need help with an adventure idea

Basicaly the world is a Flash Gordon inspired world, with a female ming the emporer controling the planets in the system

The two players are both part of a faction of space fairing amazons, no , lives in a fleet of ships.

Characters

Shasta: The Princess of the Amazons, she is an excelent Pilot, a good shot, and very charismatcic

Raven: Psionic powers (Telepathy and the ability to hide her telepathic abilities, which are illegal in the empire), she has a lot of skills, kind of a jack of all traits, with an empasis on spy work. She is the Princesses...servant, I guess would be one way to describe her... She is an espionage agent / bodyguard / girl friday to the princess

Now they have linked up with a group of adventurers, who the story will eventualy have them overthrow the queen.

But because the players of these two could not make it for a couple sessions due to medical reasons I am going to run a side adventure for them. I would like to focus somewhat on Raven, as her espionage skills have not been getting alot of play.

So anyways to write them out of the adventures they missed I said that they got summoned back to the fleet. They were returned to the group with an honor guard of Amazons

So anyways the idea is that I will be running a solo adventure next week for them

Unfortunatly I have no idea what to do for the adventure...help

Re: Looking for story ideas

Since this came up in another thread how about a "Where Eagle Dare" type adventure. Raven would be Richard Burton and Shasta -Clint Eastwood. They have to sneak into a base to rescue someone, add as much double crossing as you need, stir well and season to taste.

On their way back from to the fleet (which wasn't done with an honor guard?) they ran afoul of a random Virtue Patrol of the dreaded Imperial Thought Police, which have some low-grade ability to detect and track telepaths. They have to elude the Thought Police, or eliminate the team in a way that can't be traced back to them. Preferably the latter, with emphasis on/bonus for "eliminated" the notorious Captain Frzing, who has a well-deserved reputation for trapping those with mental powers and torturing them to death, extracting all the compromising information they may have collected by use of their powers.

They were summoned back to the fleet because of an internal political conflict among the Amazon ship captains' council. There is sharp disagreement as to whether they should join the rebellion against Queen Ming, or submit to her rule. The PCs must travel to meet with the captains from each faction to prevent the fleet from splitting or even engaging in civil war. There are several attempts on the princess' life in the process. The adventure culminates in a meeting of the highest-level captains on one ship, whereupon the traitor(s) are revealed, a general melee breaks out, the ship is attacked, the traitors flee after sabotaging the ship, Shasta's true forbidden feelings for Raven are revealed, and the Queen's real plans for the Amazons are discovered.

That's probably more than one session worth.

Don't forget to tell us how it all turns out. There's a lot of good stuff here (must spread rep) and I'm interested to know what you end up using. Heck, I'm interested in general since Ming the Merciless is one of my favorite villains. I find the thought of a female Ming both disturbing and appealing. :P