Godzilla Jr.

Michael Hopcroft

This is the rough draft of an NPC that is probably underpowered for the concept. (But then I haven't seen the new villain collections yet so I don't really have a basis by which to judge,)

The idea is for a human-sized (well, six-foot-ten and a little over three hundred pounds) Godzilla. He has the extreme strength, atomic breath, and supernatural toughness of the original. Although he is incapable of speaking human languages, he does seem to have more than raw animal intelligence. Although people trying to manipulate him enrages him against them, he is mostly a force of enraged nature who is almost impossible to stop once he gets going.

What I have so far is a very simple 400-point-or-so build with no subtlety to the power constructions. It's a rough draft and I'm almost ashamed of it, but I'm posting it to see how it can be improved. I'm very rusty art building characters at this level of power, so input is the reason I'm posting him.

[b]Godzilla Jr. - [/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
90    STR     80   90      27-       HTH Damage 18d6  END [9]
13    DEX     6   13      12-       
18    CON     8   18      13-
23    BODY    13   23      
8    INT     -2   8      11-       PER Roll 11-
12    EGO     2   12      11-       
20    PRE     10   20      13-       PRE Attack: 4d6
6    OCV     15   6          
4    DCV     5   4          
3    OMCV     0   3          
3    DMCV     0   3          
18    PD      16   18/33             18/33 PD (0/15 rPD)
16    ED      14   16/31             16/31 ED (0/15 rED)
3    SPD     10   3                 Phases:  4, 8, 12
12    REC     8   12
60    END     8   60
50    STUN    15   50
12    RUN      0   12m                END [1]
4    SWIM     0   4m                END [1]
4    LEAP     0   4m                4m forward, 2m upward

[b]CHA Cost: 208[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
105     [b][i]Atomic Breath[/i][/b]: Blast 12d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2) (105 Active Points) - END=4
30     [b][i]Claws and Bite[/i][/b]: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6 (8d6 w/STR) - END=3
48     [b][i]Tough Hide[/i][/b]: Resistant Protection (15 PD/15 ED/1 Flash Defense:  Sight Group) - END=0

[b]POWERS Cost: 183[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
16      +2 with HTH Combat

[b]SKILLS Cost: 16[/b]

[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]COMPLICATIONS[/u][/b]
20     Enraged:  Berserk when attacked or outraged (Common), go 8-, recover 14-
15     Negative Reputation:  Rampaging monster, Very Frequently
25     Hunted:  United States Armed Forces Very Frequently (As Pow; NCI; Harshly Punish)
35     Physical Complication:  Cannot speak Human Languages (All the Time; Fully Impairing)

[b]COMPLICATIONS Points: 95[/b]

Base Pts: 325
Exp Required: 82
Total Exp Available: 0
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 407

[ATTACH]37573[/ATTACH]

Anyone have thoughts?

Re: Godzilla Jr.

A little more info might help...is he intended to be some sort of avatar of Godzilla...or is he literally a pint sized G? Based on what I see....I'd lower the strength somewhat. G's reasonably strong, but at such a smaller size...I doubt he'd retain that much strength, but again...depends on the origin here. I'm not sure why G's ray would affect desolid myself. He probably does have a level or more to hit with it though. I'd say a better CON score certainly. He probably doesn't need reduced END on the ray..and I'd add a SPD point.

A little more info might help...is he intended to be some sort of avatar of Godzilla...or is he literally a pint sized G? Based on what I see....I'd lower the strength somewhat. G's reasonably strong' date=' but at such a smaller size...I doubt he'd retain that much strength, but again...depends on the origin here. I'm not sure why G's ray would affect desolid myself. He probably does have a level or more to hit with it though. I'd say a better CON score certainly. He probably doesn't need reduced END on the ray..and I'd add a SPD point.[/quote']

I'd say he'd be closer to a literal pint-sized Godzilla. I think his origin would be that he came into being as a force of enraged nature, as if the world-consciousness Gaea were sick and tired of those inconsiderate humans mucking about with her ecosystem. The players would not know his literal origins, of course -- he simply is and must somehow be dealt with. He's powerful enough that many bad guys will want to use him as a pawn, something he really hates once he's figured it out (and he eventually will -- he's smarter than he looks even if he cannot speak or comprehend human speech). Although he is destruction incarnate, what he destroys is a very important question. And he's virtually indestructible -- all you'll do when you hit him with a tank gun shell is make him madder.

I'd say he'd be closer to a literal pint-sized Godzilla. I think his origin would be that he came into being as a force of enraged nature' date=' as if the world-consciousness Gaea were sick and tired of those inconsiderate humans mucking about with her ecosystem. The players would not know his literal origins, of course -- he simply [i']is[/i] and must somehow be dealt with. He's powerful enough that many bad guys will want to use him as a pawn, something he really hates once he's figured it out (and he eventually will -- he's smarter than he looks even if he cannot speak or comprehend human speech). Although he is destruction incarnate, what he destroys is a very important question. And he's virtually indestructible -- all you'll do when you hit him with a tank gun shell is make him madder.

Ah so all the power of the big guy poured into one little package of trouble. I take it that as an NPC...you have no real point limits to worry about?

Based on the description...I'd seriously consider Damage Negation here. The movie G is pretty accurate with his ray...and yeah...basically indestructible...though he can be hurt...just not for long..current continuity suggests he regenerates tissue...so regen might make sense too. Also...plenty of life support...though he apparently does need to absorb radiation....it may not be often enough to qualify as needing to eat. Toxins and gasses DO affect him, but they have to be in massive amounts to really even make him notice(your pint size version might be different though). Heat..cold...radiation..high pressure...none of that seems to affect him.

Forget the 90 STR at 6 feet. 25-35 should suffice.

As for invulnerability, 20 resistant PD/ED is fine. I would add for 30 points 50% Damage Reduction vs PD (Nothing extra vs ED).

Also add serious Knockback protection. Its rare when G is toppled over. He tends to shrug off missiles and advance towards the heaviest resistance. I agree with the regeneration/life support.

I can see a story unfolding here. Japan's G-Force has finally found something that worked on Godzilla. they shrank him and his powers as well. BUT, its temporary, only for a few more days. G-Force was transporting the beast to the antarctic to freeze G solid before he could regain his size and strength.

On the way they were attacked space aliens/super criminals/cat girls. or all three groups. Yeah, that sounds good. The transports went out of control, skipped into sub orbit, and landed in the southern USA. So now the PCs have to gight their way through foreign agents, Super ninjas, aliens, cat girls, super villains, more cat girls, and good old boys with shot guns out 'gator hunting.' The race is on to catch Godzilla and get him out of the country before he grows into a much bigger problem.

Ya know its time to pull out the beastiary and toss a few other monsters into the mix...Bigfoot vs Godzilla? He may be 6 feet tall, but thats no reason for him not to fight other monsters.

This could be sheer chaotic fun.