Okay, this bugged me

JmOz

I am a player in a marvel game,

My character had gone to break into an office for some info, leaving a couple captured villains in the hands of his team mates.

My team mates then took the two captured villains (still KOed) to the leader of the Morlocks who GLEEFULY put a bullet in there heads (They were a couple of the ones who led the masacure so it made sense)

NONE of the other players had a problem with it, not one of there characters tried to stop it, not one. When I made a comment about "Why didn't you help them out" one answer with "It looked like she had it under control"

ERRR

Okay, that bothers me a bit too. Unless those characters are equating the morlock leader with a court of law, they should have said something. Are you guys making your own characters, or playing existing offical ones? because if the later, I'm assuming they were playing Wolverine and Punisher???

I have to confess, from then on, my characters, if in your character's shoes, would not trust those guys. Even if you feel the scum deserved death, a trust was betrayed. :(

Originally posted by Hermit

Okay, that bothers me a bit too. Unless those characters are equating the morlock leader with a court of law, they should have said something. Are you guys making your own characters, or playing existing offical ones? because if the later, I'm assuming they were playing Wolverine and Punisher???

I have to confess, from then on, my characters, if in your character's shoes, would not trust those guys. Even if you feel the scum deserved death, a trust was betrayed. :(

I'd go farther than that. Most supers would feel compelled to bring them into custody for the law to sort it out. I probably wouldn't play with these guys.

Originally posted by Agent X

I'd go farther than that. Most supers would feel compelled to bring them into custody for the law to sort it out. I probably wouldn't play with these guys.

I play other games with these guys, and in other (More lethal) genre's I have no problem with it. I do think that we should probably stick with other games (But one of the other players loves the system, he had to step out for 15 min to run an erron)

Originally posted by JmOz

I play other games with these guys, and in other (More lethal) genre's I have no problem with it. I do think that we should probably stick with other games (But one of the other players loves the system)

I assume this isn't the old marvel game with Karma? If so... well, #$#$, they should have just lost a big chunk.

Personally Jm ... I've been in a similar situation when I was GMing Champions a few years back. The characters were attacked by Genocide and, when battling them, one of the characters nuked a van (which was an arsenal van), which then blew up and did quite a bit of property damage, as well as killing a few innocents. When the cops arrived, the hero in question was taken in for interrogation and was charged with the deaths of the innocents, as well as being sued by some of the property owners. This actually sparked anti-cape behavoir for quite sometime ... especially since the hero got off with some community service ;)

Back to the point though ... I'd talk to your GM and ask him what's going on and maybe get some explaination ... I also would recommend in-character, reporting the others to the law :)

How are you liking that new Marvel game BTW?

Well I will wait and see how it goes (If the GM punishes them for there misdeeds when he gives the XP I'll be fine)

As for the game, it's okay. I find the diceless system interesting. I think that for Supers my love will always be Champs, with DC Heroes (the old Mayfair system) as a close close second, it is still a good game and much better than the first attempt (never touched the second)

Originally posted by JmOz

Well I will wait and see how it goes (If the GM punishes them for there misdeeds when he gives the XP I'll be fine)

As for the game, it's okay. I find the diceless system interesting. I think that for Supers my love will always be Champs, with DC Heroes (the old Mayfair system) as a close close second, it is still a good game and much better than the first attempt (never touched the second)

There were many good elements to the Mayfair DC system. I think the chart is what kept my group from playing it after a brief flirtation. I really liked the way costs increased in the system. Made it much more difficult to Min-Max than most systems but didn't encourage everyone to build characters the same way.