A league of your own.

Pizza Man

Here is the exercise.

Put together a team of heroes. Your character from Champions (with a link to the write up of said hero) and 5 other Heroes or Villains from any published source. Then give a team name, a team leader, and a city to protect (Fictional cities are OK, just mention where they are located). Specify if there is a team base or not…

Here is the kicker. NO Duplicates! We should end up populating all the cities of the continent!

and no more than two chacters from any one source.

The Guardians Of Destiny. “We’re on a mission from G.O.D…”

This is a super team based in Houston, Texas.

They operate from the fabulous Guardian Mansion. The non-flyers get around by speeder bike, but the team does utilize a private jet (VTOL) with stealth technology. They are funded with generous grants by Doctor Octopus, the only one who has a public ID (and is stinking rich).

The Guardians are Globe-trotters, having adventures across the US and the world. Mostly however they protect the city and state.

Black Falcon (Scrapper, my character, see link in my sig, below)

Doctor Octopus (gadgeteer. Never went bad)

Captain America (leader)

Power Girl (brick)

Starfire (Energy Projector)

Skywalker (Luke Skywalker, Masked Jedi. Force Powers, Light Saber, Blaster)

Re: A league of your own.

I was not leaving out Australia. I meant to say the continents of Australia, North America, Europe, England, Ireland, and of course New Zealand (cause someone has to protect the future site of the Hobbit movie).

Sorry for the omission, mate.

No problem. Sorry about the snark.

I'm a bit busy today. A very rough draft:

Own character - umm... I don't have an available writeup of the ones I would use. Later.

The rest chosen from the following

CU (4E) - Seeker!

DC - Ranger (Batman of All Nations)

DC - Tasmanian Devil (Superfriends comic/Global Guardians/Justice League International)

DC - Tuatara (Superfriends comic/Global Guardians/Justice League International)

Cyclone Comics - two characters from the Southern Squadron

Golden Age Australian comics (various publishers) - up to five characters from here.

A second draft:

Your character from Champions (still to be chosen)

Team name: (still to be chosen)

Team leader: (still to be chosen),

A city to protect: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.

Team base: Outwardly an old, rather rundown farmhouse in the hills near Brisbane.

5 other heroes:

Seeker - 4e Champions

Kazanda - Australian Golden Age Jungle Girl, transported to 21st century Australia.

Captain Justice - Australian Golden Age "Western" character, brought into the 21st century and possibly modernised.

Blast. I could just keep listing Golden Age characters from various publishers. Maybe a Cyclone Comics character or two...

Nightfighter - team brick and cynic.

I'm not sure who to go with for the last spot. I would prefer someone with powers. Otherwise I would chose:

Lieutenant Smith - team leader and gender balance.

I'd consider DC's Miss Martian, who has an Australian connection, but they seem to have messed with the character beyond redemption. She also duplicates both Nightfighter's strength and Kazanda's psychic abilities.

I need more characters with powers. I'll have to scrap Captain Justice, and replace him with another Golden Ager. I'd prefer Captain Atom or Molo the Mighty, but I've already got Nightfighter as a brick. I'll go with the Crimson Comet. He can fly, at least.

Maybe I should scrap Seeker, or bring in a ring in from overseas. Tuatara would be nice, but Kazanda's psychic stuff covers the area well enough.

No, to heck with it! I'm going to go with an almost all Golden Age team. They're all from different publishers anyway! (And in some cases have been used by modern publishers as well.)

Kazanda

Crimson Comet

Captain Atom (Molo is cooler in some ways, though)

The Vampire (incidentally, the lime green costume was only on one cover - it was probably meant to be darker)

A. N. Other

Better gender balance, and a better mix of powers. Sadly, it closes off a lot of options for my own character, since I usually play bricks or "non-powered" Batmanoids.

OK, I'll fill the last slot with Southern Cross from the Southern Squadron (Cyclone Comics). He's an energy projector of sorts.

Now, my own character... umm...

Grrr... I'll have to drop one of my existing choices to open a slot for my own character. It will have to be Captain Atom, who I'll replace with my own Captain Wonder.

That leaves a final slot to be fought over by two Cyclone characters: the Dingo and Flash Damingo. While he's silly, I would have to give it to the Space Ranger Platypus.

Who would be leader: probably the Crimson Comet.

So it boils down to:

Your character from Champions: Captain Wonder (character sheet to be provided)

5 other Heroes:

Crimson Comet

Kazanda

The Vampire

Southern Cross

Flash Damingo

Team name: New Freedom League

Team leader: Crimson Comet

A city to protect: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.

Team base: Outwardly an old, rather rundown farmhouse in the hills near Brisbane.

• 2 weeks later...

Psidestep (my character: Ranged combatant/summoner)

Wonder Woman: Leader. Brick

Brainiac 5: Gadgeteer (from Legion of Super heroes)

Iceman

X-23: scrapper

and introducing the newest member...

Caitlin Fairchild:Gen 13. (quick bio from wiki) Once an ordinary girl, Caitlin's muscles spontaneously increased in density, granting her superhuman strength, agility, speed, and endurance. The manifestation of her "Gen-active" status caused her body mass and size to increase from a petite young woman into that of a statuesque Amazon, shredding her clothing at the time. Fairchild is by far the most intelligent of the group. She is often portrayed as being either naively unaware of or mildly uncomfortable with her newly curvaceous figure.

Protecting Orlando is: The Corsairs. An amazingly effective group. They operate from the Corsair tower. Fly in the fabulous Corsair Jet, and sell Corsair action figures from the Corsair gift shop.

In town, the teams travels with flight rings and utilizes force-field belts designed by Brainiac 5.

I was not leaving out Australia. I meant to say the continents of Australia, North America, Europe, England, Ireland, and of course New Zealand (cause someone has to protect the future site of the Hobbit movie).

Sorry for the omission, mate.

You do realize that herogames.com also has members posting from Japan, Denmark, Sweden, France, Germany, Italy and I'm pretty sure I remember someone saying they were in Uzbekistan?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary is sure there will be plenty of protection for the continent, but wonders who's protecting the incontinent...