Star (Trek) Hero Racial Templates

Christopher

Re: Star (Trek) Hero Racial Templates

I had missed the Send to Compressed Folder; not where I had looked at all.

Edit: Woops; even with send to compressed they're both too large; the FASA Trek is 1.65 MB and the TNG Hero is just under 8 MB.

Have to find a way to compress further.

Edit 2: Tried 7-zip; both are still too large to pass the upload filter.

Sorry for the delay; I only get back on the boards about once a week now.

Annoying how life gets in the way of gaming. :nonp:

Edit: Woops; even with send to compressed they're both too large; the FASA Trek is 1.65 MB and the TNG Hero is just under 8 MB.

Have to find a way to compress further.

Edit 2: Tried 7-zip; both are still too large to pass the upload filter.

1 MB Size Limit + Whitelist for File Endings. They seriously seek to make it difficulty;)

Both 7-zip natives format and WinRar support auto splitting of files (so you get many X MB files that togehter can be decompressed). For those chases where you have to transfer a file per Floppy Disk, CD or DVD or BlueRay that is simply to big for one of them. Or per (multiple) E-Mails.

In order for this to work for the forum, you would have to do the following:

Compress with 7-zip or WinRar in the respective native File Format (.7z or .rar), with Auto Splitting (Split to volume) to 900 KB ("900K" for 7zip).

Then you would have to put each file into a .zip file, so the extesion won't be a problem.

The main problems are the pictures (usually from star trek scenes), there is not much more compression potential.

the alternative is to havt the files hosted externally' date=' and just link to them.[/quote']

Wich is not very different from having them hosted on the forum.

The problem is: Do you know a server that supports direct links (so you don't have to search "download file" among the ads) that is free of charge and has less restrictions than the forum?

My best alternative would be to upload them to my Herocentral account, or maybe hotmail. But that is it, and neither of those is appealing for me.

Make sure the pictures are in .png or .jpg format' date=' not .bmp. .bmp is completely uncompressed.[/quote']

:confused:

This is about pdf's. The problem may be that it are pdfs with pictures in it, but there is nothing we can change on that without the full programm (roughly 1.000-1.500 $).