Brick

TheNaga

Re: Brick

How do I explain the following if his father is from the Hindu pantheon? Also would he still be extremely handsome is he has six arm, three heads/faces with three red eyes and the the scales describe below? I would like if it will work out right for him to have all thoses features I just listed including the scales described below.

Fine golden scales that feel like smooth, cool silk cover his extremely muscular physique with tan skin.

Would he? He's YOUR character - how does this manifest? It could manifest in an absolute hatred for those who use magic, so he always attacks them first. Or it could manifest in an absolute disdain for these weak cowards, such that he will focus first on those who are strong, ignoring these magic users (often, likely, to his detriment).

Well,

he seems to be lacking in combat skill somewhat, even if he got very very very high strength.

I wonder if you could apply the "-1/2 Always On" limitation on resistant PD/ED and regeneration as I fail to see that as a limitation at all for constant powers.

You seems to ask a lot of question you should/could answer yourself.

Personnaly I fail to find men handsome, so a 3 eyed, 3 headed, 4 armed, scaly one... sorry fail handsomeness check for me.

As his godly origin you just opened the door to Shiva/Shub-Niggurath love-child.

To the actual character, he's a Hindu deity with PS: Greco-Roman Wrestling (so he knows how to make a living in that field), but no actual wrestling maneuvers. He has base level combat values, so he can't hit the broad side of a barn in most games. It's unclear what kind of game he's intended for - 300 points is pretty low powered Supers, but his STR, CON and Defenses scream Supers.

I'd also have to have the circumstances where your defenses and Regen being "always on" act to your detriment summarized, especially given the character clearly can't disguise himself.

-3 for No Conscious Control seems very high. It seems like it kicks in as soon as he's enraged, which will be extremely common in combat (and why would he need another 80 STR out of combat?) What benefit does an 80 maximum Aid provide when he needs a turn to reset the trigger, something he seems unlikely to do while enraged? In any case, he doesn't need more STR - he needs some OCV, for starters, and maybe some movement so he is actually capable of closing for combat. Of course, if you're building a Standard Super on 300 points, something has to be cut.

What should i do to fix his Rage Induced Strength? I was wanting him to get stronger when he is in a berserker rage.

You could have the Trigger reset automatically. However, with a 75 STR already, most games are not going to allow a substantial bump, as he will likely be at or near campaign limits for his strength/damage already. The norm for many Supers games is 12 - 15 Damage Classes, so 75 STR already puts him at the top of the range. If the game is designed around characters with 12d6 to 15d6 of damage, a character capable of exceeding that (especially pretty often and reliably) is not going to fit in the game.

As has been noted before, you need to know the parameters for the game the character is intended to be played in.

What should i really make the base points be? I want him to be a god of strength' date=' and combat.[/quote']

His base points should be consistent with the game he is intended to be played in. If this is a Fantasy game, 150 points is the norm and he's far too powerful. A standard Supers game uses 400 base points. You might consider looking at the various campaign guidelines early on in 6e Vol 1, which will show typical points, damage classes, combat values, defenses, etc. for various styles of game, and build to that. In games that use other standards, the character will need to be tweaked, but many GM's use the standard guidelines (it certainly facilitates use of published Hero characters).

Would not using magic weapons limit him in any way?

Huh?

Strength is Strength. It allows a character to do damage in HTH combat among other things. In a superhero/champions setting characters do not get to use 'weapons' for free (objects of opportunity, like throwing cars and such is covered elsewhere in the rules). They have to pay points for the weapons. They are usually built with the Focus Limitation (among others). NOT being able to use any type of weapon just means the character didn't pay points for the right to use weapons, nothing more so your question does not really make sense.

I already have a Meadyaon which would work better then this character as a god of strength when Meadayaon becomes a full god. I want this character to be least a god of War, Combat . He might also be a god of conflict and fitness

He will wield the following weapons and have six arms. He also will have three flaming eyes with the third eye located in the center of his forehead.

In his upper right hand he carries a wicked black long sword, in his upper left hand he carries a wicked black battleaxe, in his middle right hand he carries a wicked black heavy mace, in his middle left hand he carries a heavy pick, in his lower right hand he carries a wicked black morning star with two balls, and in his lower left hand he carries a wicked black warhammer.

You still appear to be stuck on trying to build "things" in HERO instead of abilities.

Example of what I mean: Superman & Iron Man

A common nickname for Superman has always been "The Man of Steel".

Iron Man was Marvel's play on words on that nickname (iron vs. steel).

Iron Man arguably has many of the same abilities as Superman (can fly, is strong, tough to hurt, extra senses, etc..).

It's just the origin or limitations on when they don't work that is different.

Superman's don't work around Kryptonite or under a red sun. Iron Man's don't work without his armor.

Now you might counter "his armor is a thing" and you are correct in the context of the comics but in the context of modeling the character in HERO you define the abilities first (powers) and limitation (focus or only in heroic id) second.

I am going to change him permanently to the description below. The will be now know as Chi You. Chi You is a god of Fire and War. The mythology Chi You is form Chinese Mythology. What would you suggest I look to help me out.

I want him to have the ability to control and create fire.

A humanoid male standing nine feet tall, walks in moving with grace and ease. His massive, powerfully built body is covered in gray fur. His ox head appears to be made of copper and while his forehead appears to be made of iron. The eyes are glowing red orbs. His powerful jaws have thirty-six sharp jagged teeth and four canine fangs. He wears a double-crossed strap belt with a round center buckle across his chest. On his left arm he wears a blood red plate metal gorget, pauldron, spaulder, gusset, vambrace, and gauntlet. The pauldron is in the shape of a human skull. Both weapons are carried if it is an extension of himself. His tapering muscular tail measures two feet in length. His legs are those of an ox.

Dang, I swore I wouldn't comment here anymore but :

" On his left arm he wears a blood red plate metal gorget, pauldron, spaulder, gusset, vambrace, and gauntlet."

Did you just enter words in a thesaurus and post them here ? where are you from ?

Are you for real or just a Borat clone ?

Regardless of the description, the writeup defines the mechanics. If you want the character to have weapons in a Standard Supers game, you write up and purchase the weapons. If you want him to be able to swing all six weapons as a single attack, you buy skill levels to offset the penalty for a Multiple Attack Action. If you want him to be able to swing at all targets around him, you either buy a form of Area Effect to achieve this, or you buy enough penalty skill levels to offset the penalties for striking multiple targets.

If you want armor that looks pretty, the description is fine. If you want it to reduce damage from attacks, you buy defenses in the form of the armor. If you want only certain areas protected, you check whether the GM is using hit locations, in which case you define the locations defended, or is not (most Supers games do not) in which case you add the Requires a Roll limitation to set how often the defenses work (ie how often the area is targeted).

For interest...

gor·get

noun

1. a patch on the throat of a bird or other animal, distinguished by its color, texture, etc.

2. a piece of armor for the throat.

3. a crescent-shaped ornament worn on a chain around the neck as a badge of rank by officers in the 17th and 18th centuries.

4. a wimple of the Middle Ages, worn with the ends fastened in the hair.

So, not on the arm, but if you start at the throat and move down, it makes a starting point.

paul·dron

noun

a piece of plate armor for the shoulder and the uppermost part of the arm, often overlapping the adjacent parts of the chest and back.

Also called epaulière.

spaul·der

noun

a pauldron, especially one for protecting only a shoulder.

Is he wearing layers? This would overlap the pauldron.

gus·set

noun

1. a small, triangular piece of material inserted into a shirt, shoe, etc., to improve the fit or for reinforcement. Compare godet ( def. 1 ) , gore3 ( def. 1 ) .

2. Civil Engineering . a plate for uniting structural members at a joint, as in a steel frame or truss.

3. Armor .

a. Also called voider. an area of mail backed with cloth, for defending the armpits or areas at joints.

b. a small piece of plate armor at the armhole of a cuirass; pallet.

vam·brace

noun

1. a piece of plate armor for the forearm; a lower cannon. Compare rerebrace.

2. plate armor for the arm, usually including upper and lower cannons and a couter.

gaunt·let

noun

1. a medieval glove, as of mail or plate, worn by a knight in armor to protect the hand.

2. a glove with an extended cuff for the wrist.

3. the cuff itself.

I second the motion that the description is overkill, especially in context of a Supers game. Would the average onlooker see the component parts, or see that "His left arm is armored from shoulder to hand in blood red metal. The armor at his shoulder forms the shape of a human skull"?

Gotta say, nothing in that description screams "Hero" to me. Hopefully, the character's personality will provide heroic motivations, or he will fit poorly in most Supers games.

Well I just did make a mistake in that use that armor would not fit with him being a Chinese god. He is going to be a good guy. Why does the description say he is not a hero?

His blood red armor shaped like a human skull certainly doesn't scream "Protector of the Innocent and Righter of Wrongs" to me. His psych limits (assuming you are not changing the writeup, just the appearance) suggests a rampaging berserker, not a heroic warrior in the battle against evil. He also looks like a monster. That's just physical appearance, of course, but creates an initial impression that requires rebuttal in the form of a heroic mindset and personality. Nothing in the information given suggests such a heroic mindset.

When the villain topples a skyscraper and the other heroes rush to shield the innocent civilians from being crushed, it seems this character will snarl and charge the villain, being Enraged and loving combat, and too bad for the weaklings crushed under the falling masonry.

Oh, mechanically, another complication to consider may be the impact of his large size. I think there are suggestions for this under Physical Complication. 9'tall creatures are pretty cramped in a world built for humans.