Brick

TheNaga

Re: Brick

His height is 366 cm (12 feet tall) and has Density Increase (400 kg mass, +10 STR, +2 PD/ED, -4m KB). So what should his weight be?

Characteristic so Far

Str 80

Leaping +4m (8m forward, 4m upward) (Accurate, x32 Noncombat)

Three Sets of Arms: Hand-To-Hand Attack +3d6, Autofire (3 shots; +1/4) (19 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/4)

Greater Strength: +15 STR

Massive Body: Knockback Resistance -10m, Inherent (+1/4) (12 Active Points)

Long Legs: Running +12m (24m total)

Life Support (Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Sleeping: Character does not sleep)

Using all Eight Arms: +8 STR, Conditional Power Power only works when using all eight arms (-0)

Density Increase (400 kg mass, +10 STR, +2 PD/ED, -4m KB)

Heavy: Knockback Resistance -6m

Greater Toughness: +5 CON

More Impressive: +5 PRE

Tougher: +5 PD

Tougher: +5 ED

Multiple Arms: Extra Limbs (4), Inherent (+1/4) (6 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2)

Greater Mass: +3 BODY

Greater Toughness: +6 STUN

Reach: Stretching 1m

Would you all say a Str of 80 plus the following is to much? The total Str is 105.

That just depends on what the campaign benchmarks have been set to by the GM.

Would you all say a Str of 80 plus the following is to much? The total Str is 105.

Once again: it depends on the game. In a game where the average character caps out at 6d6 damage, this is vastly excessive. In a game where characters routinely toss around 24 - 30d6 of damage, this is sidekick material.

Unlike many games, Hero is not linked to a setting that sets benchmarks and parameters. Until you establish those benchmarks and parameters, you have nothing to compare with, so no way to know what is "pitiful", "low power" "high power" and "excessive".

Meadyaon, I believe you have said you have access to the rulebooks.

The Character Creation book does have, as I recall, guidelines for character creation at various point levels.

If you do not have an actual ongoing game, and want guidance on what is appropriate, what might be overpowered, etc, you should probably consult those guidelines.

Lucius Alexander

And not a palindromedary

• 1 month later...

How would I do the following using the Hero Designer? I am making one Brick with Growth based powers.

Aid STR 2d6, Can Add A Maximum Of 60 Points’ Worth Of Strength,

Continuous (+1), Delayed Return Rate (points fade at the rate of 5 per 20 Minutes; +¾), Trigger

(becoming Enraged/Berserk; +¼) (132 Active Points); No Conscious Control (cannot activate power on his own, but can use the STR freely once it’s activated; -1), Self Only (-½), Points Fade Immediately If Character Recovers From Being Enraged/Berserk (-½). Total cost: 44 points.

Hearing Group Images, +6 to PER Rolls (23 Active Points); Set Effect (only to amplify character’s voice; -1). Total cost: 11 points.

+20 STR (20 Active Points); Linked (to Growth, gains +5 STR per 15 points of Growth; -¼). Total cost: 16 points.

Gigantic Defense 20 PD (20 Active Points); Linked (to Growth, gains +5 PD per 15 points of Growth; -¼) (total cost: 16 points) plus +20 ED (20 Active Points); Linked (to Growth, gains +5 ED per 15 points of Growth; -¼) (total cost: 16 points). Total cost: 32 points.

I think the Hero Designer Forum would be the best place from me to get help.

If the characters monster form look like the animal in the link should be have a good running speed? I am not sure if it should or not. I just might let its running speed in that form stay the same. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ChalicotheriumDB1.jpg

What could be some more Compliction I could have besides the following? I want him to also have a complication(s) related being berserk. Also would he be a good pc if he has thosse complications?

10 Physical Complication: Twice human size and/or mass (4m, or 2”) (Infrequently; Slightly Impairing)

15 Psychological Complication: Loves Combat (Common; Strong)

20 Distinctive Features: 12 feet tall humanoid monster (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

• 1 month later...

If he has the following would that mean he would not use magical weaposn?

Psychological Limitation: Dislikes Magic & Those Who Use It (Common, Moderate)

He is now and for every a demigod. Who would be his father if he looks like the following but with four arms?

An extremely handsome human male standing seven feet tall, walks in moving with grace and ease. He has an extremely muscular physique with tan skin. Near the top of his head is a black ponytail that reaches down to his elbows, which is the only hair on his head. His face has a strong, square jaw line and a square hairline. His eyes are a brilliant blue in color. He has a long full beard. Across his barrel-shaped chest he wears a double-crossed strap belt with a round center buckle. His shoulder blades anchor thick powerful arms. On both arms, he wears a steel bracer plated in antiqued brass with leather strapping. He carries a massive longspear as if it is an extension of himself. He wears a fighting girdle. His boots reach up to his knees.

Would the following Psychological Limitation be one I should not give him if is a pc?

Psychological Limitation: Disrespects Everyone That Looks Weak (Common, Moderate)

If he has the following would that mean he would not use magical weaposn?

Psychological Limitation: Dislikes Magic & Those Who Use It (Common, Moderate)

It would seem logical that someone who dislikes magic and those who use it would not himself use magic, including magical weapons. Perhaps he actually dislikes spellcasters.

He is now and for every a demigod. Who would be his father if he looks like the following but with four arms?

An extremely handsome human male standing seven feet tall, walks in moving with grace and ease. He has an extremely muscular physique with tan skin. Near the top of his head is a black ponytail that reaches down to his elbows, which is the only hair on his head. His face has a strong, square jaw line and a square hairline. His eyes are a brilliant blue in color. He has a long full beard. Across his barrel-shaped chest he wears a double-crossed strap belt with a round center buckle. His shoulder blades anchor thick powerful arms. On both arms, he wears a steel bracer plated in antiqued brass with leather strapping.

Spaced to highlight...

He carries a massive longspear as if it is an extension of himself.

Does ANYONE have a group that does not include at least one person who will deliberately misinterpret what that actually means?

He wears a fighting girdle. His boots reach up to his knees.

I have no idea who his father would be. Do you often look at people and know who their father is by extension? Who do you want his father to be?

Would the following Psychological Limitation be one I should not give him if is a pc?

Psychological Limitation: Disrespects Everyone That Looks Weak (Common, Moderate)

That depends. Do you want to live with the consequences of such disrespect as part of the core of playing this character? How do you wish to define "looks weak"?

I would like to use magical weapons only but some how keep that complication in some way.

To answers your question about how to define "looks weak" that means anyone who for one is not muscular.

This pc is a demigod whose father is a god of strength, battle, and warriors. Well if we went by gods in mythology I would say his father would be one of gods in Hindu mythology.

The description of the lonspears should have not been in his description. He uses two swords, a two-handed sword, or two axes.

Would the following keep him from using magic weapons. This is the way I see his dislike of magic might go.

He has a great distrust and fear of magic and magic users. The dabbling in is perceived by him as meddling with powers beyond human understanding or control. As a result he automatically reacts to spell casters, men of magic, or people who use flashy/showy Psionic abilities (like Psi-sword) with suspicion. If the mage is operating within his lands, any foul deeds, crimes, or accidents will be blamed on the spell caster. Necromancers, Witches, Wizards and Summoners are the most feared, though Diabolists, Mystics, Mind Mages, and Master Psionics are a close second. Even Warlocks are feared, as they are tied into the most “horrifying and alien” aspects of the natural world and are “toys of creatures beyond their understanding.” He fears and distrusts Priest as well, as they are obviously involving themselves with powerful, untrustworthy gods and spirits.

I would like to use magical weapons only but some how keep that complication in some way.

So you would need to ask yourself why the character disdains magic in all forms except the magic he uses himself. Why does he hate magic? Is reliance on magic something for weaklings who require this to mitigate their inability to do battle with their own strength and skill? If so, it seems unlikely he himself would use any form of magic, including a magical weapon (assuming he's not just a hypocrite lacking faith in his own native abilities and needing magic to shore up his own abilities, but not wishing others to use the same tactics against him).

Maybe his dislike is of those who do not do battle hand to hand, but seek to kill from a distance and hide from the risks of glorious battle. That should mean he takes no issue with those using magical weapons or armor, but with ranged attackers, which would include many spellcasters, and also archers and others who don't close in to take their lumps while dishing them out.

I wonder how he would react to someone, probably a someone who truly disdains magic in all forms, calling him "weak and cowardly, for he hides behind his ensorcelled weapons, knowing his own strength and skill alone are inadequate to earn a proper victory - I challenge thee, Meadyon, to battle me without thy mystical aids!"

To answers your question about how to define "looks weak" that means anyone who for one is not muscular.

Probably also need to assess "disrespects". Does he have a conscious need to call them down ("Hey, skinny - leave the beach to REAL MEN like me!") or is he simply Overconfident when faced with an opponent who is not muscular (ie he would never believe such a one capable of being a serious threat, so he will let his guard down and likely be caught entirely by surprise if that individual is actually a capable combatant)? Either could certainly work, although the former will be a much more obnoxious character.

This pc is a demigod whose father is a god of strength' date=' battle, and warriors. Well if we went by gods in mythology I would say his father would be one of gods in Hindu mythology.[/quote']

So are we going by the gods in mythology? Shiva the Destroyer is a well recognized name from Hindu tradition who might fit. He also has four arms, I believe, as well as a third eye.

If you're going with homebrew deities, I suspect the rest of us don't have much of an insight as to which home made deity would be your character's father.

I would like right now use gods from mythology. I whould like the god that is his father to be a god that would impart great strength to him like Zeus did to his demigod son Hercules. I also do not want him to be just strength. I would like him to have some other ability besides having the ability to lift 100 tones or more. Shiva could work. That would give a reason to have him have a favorite thing of mind when it comes to physical features and that is multuiple limbs and three eyes (I do have a thing for making characters with three eyes). I am thinking he thinks he is the stronget there is.

Base Points: 300

Characteristics:

60 STR

10 DEX

35 CON

19 INT

10 EGO

20 PRE

3 OCV

3 DCV

3 OMCV

3 DMCV

4 SPD

2 PD

2 ED

20 REC

29 bODY

35 STUN

Power:

50) Resistant Protection (25 PD/25 ED) (75 Active Points); Always On (-1/2)

15) Greater Strength: +15 STR

23) Regenerative: Regeneration (3 BODY per 20 Minutes), Can Heal Limbs (35 Active Points); Always On (-1/2)

6) RAGE-AUGMENTED STRENGTH: Aid, Can Add A Maximum Of 80 Points’ Worth STR 3d6, Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger requires a Turn or more to reset; becoming Enraged/Berserk;; +1/4), Constant (+1/2), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Minute; +1) (49 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), Only to Aid Self (-1), No Conscious Control (; cannot activate power on his own, but can use the STR freely once it’s activated; -1), Points Fade Immediately If Character Recovers From Being Enraged/Berserk (-1/2)

3) Arms: Extra Limbs (2), Inherent (+1/4) (6 Active Points); Always On (-1/2), Restrainable (-1/2)

Skills:

6) Bodybuilding: PS: Bodybuilder 29-

6) PS: Greco-Roman wrestling 15-

Complications:

25 Enraged: Berserk Combat (Uncommon), go 11-, recover 11-

20 Psychological Complication: Overconfidence (Very Common; Strong)

20 Psychological Complication: Loves Combat (Very Common; Strong)

20 Distinctive Features: Human with four arms (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Distinctive Features: Demigod (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Uncommonly-Used Senses)

15 Psychological Complication: Vengeful (Common; Strong)