Supernatural Being

TheNaga

Re: Supernatural Being

Sound better.

But it is still missing why he would place himself regularry in harms way to protect others.

Trying to set a good example for Mutants? Just a generic good guy?

Take a look at Champiosn 6E, page 75 (afaik you had that book) and try to say us wich of the motivations there would fit him the best.

Should I make him a mutant or a supernatural being?

Both can be equally possible and likely in most superhero settings, so there is no real prefference.

Overall it is sligthly more likely that a setting has no magic, than a setting having no mutations/genetic experiments.

I could go with the way I first had most of powers being which where the ability to assume any human or humanoid form at will. At that point he did not have the eyes and mouth in the middle of the chest..

Would the following help? I also had him when he was a mutant get Snady pregnant. Her parents moved with her to another town and she give birth to mutant boy and girl. He know nothing about his offspring. That was before he became genderless.

He was born with solid luminous sulfuric yellow eyes, purple-grey bonelike plates, eyebrows and forehead protected by bony ridges, three fingers and a thumb on both hands, and bone protrusions on his shoulders and knees.

At the age of thirteen he started growing a pair of enormous backwards pointing spikes surrounded by three smaller spikes. Also he found out that he only needs four hours of sleep a night, but must eat twice as much.

At the age of fifteen he started growing from just below his shoulder blades three pairs of large, hooked bony protrusions.

Although the high school he attended had mutants and human, some high school students hated the mutants attending the school. He was one of the mutants picked by some of those mutant hating high school students.

During his sophomore year of high school he fell in love with the most popular girl in school. Unknown to him at the time was the most popular girl in school who was known as sandy was a mutant. Sandy had purple skin and eyes and eight inches tentacles in place of hair and the ability to assume any human or humanoid form she wants to. Sandy did not like the way she looked like as a mutant so she would assume the form similar to her but with red hair, green, and tan skin. It was not until she met him that she started to change her mind about looking different in her normal form. Sandy started dating him which freaked out the mutant hating high school students. He was the first person to find out how Sandy really looked like. Some of those mutants hating high school students discovered Sandy’s true appearance. Two days before the prom they captured Sandy so they could kill her to seen to a message to mutants to leave town or they would suffer the same fate as Sandy. He finally found out who had kidnaped Sandy and planned to get revenge on them for kidnaping her. He found the people who kidnaped Sandy’s in the local park smoking and drinking alcohol. He had planned to kill them after he got them to tell him where they hid Sandy. Instead he beat them until they told him where they were keeping Sandy. He figured he would be just like them if he killed them all.

You're setting a lot of campaign presumptions, particularly that mutants are prevelant enough that bizarre, monstrous-looking characters are accepted in the general populace (if still a target of some prejudice).

So what motivates the character to be a hero, rather than a militant mutants rights activist using his powers to exercise violent retribution against those who threaten mutants? To put this in X-Men terms, what makes him an X-Man, rather than an "Evil Mutant"? A lot depends on the actual campaign, as some are more iron age,accepting of a high body count and heros who kill their enemies while others are more four colour and would expect that "X-Men don't kill".

If keep him a mutant he might fit in with the X-men. What if I make him have the form in the post and a human form?

Having a human form at least allows him to interact with people, so you're not left out of significant portions of the game.

• 3 weeks later...

Like everything else, the question is what do YOU think the character's background suggests for abilities? Christopher's suggestions are all reasonable, but not essential. Life Support is a pretty potent ability. Maybe he just has a Survival skill in desert environments. How has he adapted? Perhaps he is nocturnal, staying out of the high heat of the day. We also assume you say "desert" and mean hot with sand dunes - Arctic regions are "deserts" in that they get minimal moisture in a year. Even those hot sunny deserts tend to get very cold at night.

Also, you ask "what abilities", but would he also have drawbacks? Can the character swim? Having likely never seen a body of water, how would he have learned? If he's adapted to high heat, is he less resistant to low temperatures? Hero is all about realizing your vision of the character, rather than blindly applying the vision the game system applies to any given ability set, background or skill.

He was born in a desert dimension that resembles the Gobi Desert. He would have to learn how to swim. I can see him being nocturnal. He is going to have Diminished Eating since food is harder to find in the desert. He can tolerate great losses of water from his body without dying.

Would be adapted to the desert mean he is less adapt to low temperatures?

What other features besides being sand colored would he have body wise?

What would be a good way to give him accidental change?

He was born in a desert dimension that resembles the Gobi Desert. He would have to learn how to swim. I can see him being nocturnal. He is going to have Diminished Eating since food is harder to find in the desert. He can tolerate great losses of water from his body without dying.

Would be adapted to the desert mean he is less adapt to low temperatures??

Not automatically. Deserts, any place far from water that is, are distinguished not by their heat or cold but by their greater degree of variability. Without bodies of water to act as heat sinks, they get hotter in the day/summer, and colder at night/winter. Equatorial deserts don't have much seasonal variation and the median temperature is high enough that it doesn't get that cold at night, but the Gobi desert is extremely bitter in winter nights.

• 1 month later...

Not automatically. Deserts' date=' any place far from water that is, are distinguished not by their heat or cold but by their greater degree of variability. Without bodies of water to act as heat sinks, they get hotter in the day/summer, and colder at night/winter. Equatorial deserts don't have much seasonal variation and the median temperature is high enough that it doesn't get that cold at night, but the Gobi desert is extremely bitter in winter nights.[/quote']

I had forgetten that I had seen on the Planet Earth eposide on Deserts on the Discovery Channell that the Gobi had snow.

I mave already asked this. What would be the best to give humn the ability to assume a human form? If I did then let me know where I can find he answer to that question.

• 3 months later...

Would it better for the character have a gender? Would it and its race having genders be better for explaining how they procreate? Would you see a female mutant more interested in the character if it had a gender? Would it help me in making the character better if I stat out its race before I finish its sheet?

• 1 month later...

What would help me out in figuring out why this character was sent to earth to grow up? What help can you give in figuring out that to call the character's race?

What help can you give me in setting up his supernatural race so i go about finishing him up. I know that his race has the ability to assume one humanoid/human form . Would it be better if if the human/humanoid form is done through Multiform? I know that his race has hawk-like vision, prehensile feet, are immortal, and are immune to poisons and toxins and diseases. What can I do to race the character's race to make different?

The character's race has been around for at leas forty five-and-a half million years.

Would the fact that some people on earth have knowledge of the character's race play into his history? A few books on the supernatural have info on the character's race but these books are rare.

I know that the character's race are dimensional travelers. They have visited earth and other realities and dimensions. I have thought that they might have the ability to travel to other dimensions freely as a natural ability. The character's race knows of at least five different alternate earths. One earth they visited the dark ages never happened, another earth they have visited Columbus never discovered the New but instead instead the Chinese took Columbus place in history on this earth, another earth they visited right now is in ice age which will last for at least three thousand years, in another alternate earth they visit Hitler and the Nazis have taken over the world and every one speaks German, and the final alternate earth they have visited is post-apocalyptic like in the Mad Max movies. In 1250 B.C. there where at least forty members of the character's race on earth. At any one time there are no more then fifty member's of the character's race on earth.

For some reason the character's race hates vampires with a passion.

I suspect the answer to most of these questions is "little to none". Pretty much everything you set out below is a question of character background, not anything mechanical. It's your character, so you need to provide the answers. The other person to talk to is your GM. If something happens to fit well in his own campaign background, then that can provide a good link to build from.

If I were the GM, I'd say most of these questions have two possible answers:

(a) You define it

(B) You leave it a mystery - something the character, at least, does not know - and the GM might build off the mystery as a future plot hook.

What would help me out in figuring out why this character was sent to earth to grow up? What help can you give in figuring out that to call the character's race?

Pretty much none. Maybe he doesn't know why and the character's story is a journey of discovery.

What help can you give me in setting up his supernatural race so i go about finishing him up.

Pretty much nothing - you need to define that. You also need to define whether your character is a typical member of the race, or is somehow unusual. Or maybe your character doesn't know and the GM can assess what about him is typical of the race, where he differs and what that all means. [i recall a player whose characters' abilities were always explained with "he's an alien", and a GM who suggested seeing the Supers of that race could be interesting...]

I know that his race has the ability to assume one humanoid/human form . Would it be better if if the human/humanoid form is done through Multiform? I know that his race has hawk-like vision' date=' prehensile feet, are immortal, and are immune to poisons and toxins and diseases. [/quote']

Multiform tends to work best for two completely different characters. Only in Alternate ID is typically preferred where one form simply adds abilities to the base form. Enhanced Senses, Extra Limbs and Life Support sound like your starting points.

What can I do to race the character's race to make different?

Different from what?

The character's race has been around for at leas forty five-and-a half million years.

Sounds like background fluff unless you want to make that important somehow.

Would the fact that some people on earth have knowledge of the character's race play into his history? A few books on the supernatural have info on the character's race but these books are rare.

Again, either you define whether that plays into his history, or you leave it to the GM to do so. Maybe he has no idea that anyone on earth would know what he is.

I know that the character's race are dimensional travelers. They have visited earth and other realities and dimensions. I have thought that they might have the ability to travel to other dimensions freely as a natural ability. The character's race knows of at least five different alternate earths. One earth they visited the dark ages never happened' date=' another earth they have visited Columbus never discovered the New but instead instead the Chinese took Columbus place in history on this earth, another earth they visited right now is in ice age which will last for at least three thousand years, in another alternate earth they visit Hitler and the Nazis have taken over the world and every one speaks German, and the final alternate earth they have visited is post-apocalyptic like in the Mad Max movies. In 1250 B.C. there where at least forty members of the character's race on earth. At any one time there are no more then fifty member's of the character's race on earth.[/quote']

The mechanics are addressed in Extra-Dimensional Movement. Everything else sounds like background fluff. Depending on the direction you choose to pursue, would your character eve be aware of any of this?

For some reason the character's race hates vampires with a passion.

Another aspect for you to define, or leave as a mystery the GM might choose to use as a future plot point.

TO SUMMARIZE: Hero does not restrict you to selecting from a finite set of pre-defined races. You can freely design the character and structure his backstory. Depending on the game, it may be a good fit, or a poor fit, and only the GM will be able to tell you that. In a game that focuses on superscience, any supernatural character may be inappropriate. In a game that focuses on mystical matters, and features cross-dimensional travel regularly, this could be the perfect character, and might even dovetail into elements of the existing setting.

I would like the Dar'radu to be a different as supernatural beings. I left out that Dar'radus do not need to eat or sleep. A Dar'radu gains the ability to travel to other dimensions when it reach three hundred years old.

The character right now thinks he is a mutant and does not know he is a Dar'radu.

Here is how I was going with the ability to assume a human/humanoid form. Regardless of its shape, a Dar'radu is a Dar'radu, with all its natural powers and abilities. So even when metamorphed to look like a human or a humanoid, it retains all of the abilities that a Dar'radu has. The metamorphosis does not instill any of the abilities of the human/humanoid shape, only its appearance.