Supernatural Being

TheNaga

WWhat help could you give in giving him a more original name? The reason he is Named Proteus was I was going to have him have the ability to assume the form of humans and humanoids and he could shape his serrated blades of bones in place of arms into other weapons such as a sword or axe.

How strong should be make him? Right how he is Str 32?

How much should his serrated blades of bones inplace hands and if any what other features should they have? Is KA: 4D6 for the serated blades of bones to much? Should the serrated blades of bone inplace of arms be shorter then three feet long? Is extra limbs the best way to give him prehensile feet?

Is KA: 3D6 to much for six spikes on the tail? Should the tail be shorter?

How would I make it so that the character can be detected by character who can detect the supernatural?

How much resistant should gnarled, bony plates offer? Right now they are Bony Plates: Resistant Protection (16 PD/16 ED), Inherent (+1/4) (60 Active Points); Perceivable (-1/4)

What is the best way to give him the complication He Thinks he is a Mutant?

Would it be to much for him to have two eyes and a mouth lined with tusk-like teeth in the center of his chest besides his normal eyes and mouth? If it would not be to much then what should the damage be for the second mouth?

Besides have some enhanced vision what other abilities would be good for the character to have? Also I should make the character have a male gender instead of being genderless?

Proteus is a humanoid without any gender that stands nine feet tall. Its muscular body is covered in gnarled, bony plates that are the color wind dried bone. The head is attached to a long flexible neck. On the top of its head is a monstrous crown of horns. Growing out of the forehead is a pair of large, thick, monstrous segmented horns that curve backwards. The back corners of its skull have an enormous pair of backward-pointing spikes that are six inches long; these are surrounded by three smaller spikes. It has five eyes. Two eyes are set on short flexible eyestalks. The two eyestalks can bend to look up, down and backwards without moving its head. Three eyes are located in the center of its forehead. His eyes are solid luminous, sulfuric yellow orbs. It has two vertical slits for a nose. The shoulders have four large spikes on them. Rising from his back are three pairs of large, hooked bony protrusions that are sand-colored. These bony protrusions pointed downward. Its arms end in massive three feet long serrated blades of bone. Growing out of both elbows is a backwards curving bony protrusion. The sixteen feet long semi-prehensile tail is thick and long, tapering to a thin whip and a point like that of an iguana's tail. The tail, which ends in six sharp spikes, is covered in bony plates that are sand-colored. Its leg structure is in the manner of a goat's hind legs and they terminate in large feet with four clawed prehensile toes. Both of its knees have a large bony protrusion that is the color wind dried bone. A backwards curving bony protrusion protrudes from his heels.

Re: Supernatural Being

As far as how strong he should be or if a 3d6k is okay or if his DEF is appropriate, it all depends on the campaign the character is for. Otherwise all those numbers mean nothing. It's hard to work in a vaccuum. Is this for a Standard Superhero game? Is this a PC or NPC? Do you know what the average Characteristics, DCs, et cetera will be for the game? Without any of that information it will be hard to give you any advice on the numbers you've thrown out so far.

I will just asume Standart Heroic Powerlevel, as in the other guys you made.

How strong should be make him? Right how he is Str 32?

How Strong do you want to make him?

Is KA: 4D6 for the serated blades of bones to much?

Ausimg Standart Superheroic Campagin, and that Damage is inlcuding STR Bonus, this is 12 DC and near the limit.

Should the serrated blades of bone inplace of arms be shorter then three feet long?

Do you want him to have more reach with

Is extra limbs the best way to give him prehensile feet?

A mere 5 Points Extra Limbs, Inherent (6 Real Cost) gives you as many full str, full manipulation limbs as you like. But that mostly helps agaisnt grabs and really limited entagles (like Handcuffs). It also does not confer any special ability to use more than one hand at once or make more than one attack.

But multiple hands are often the SFX for Autofire attacks, or "+X OCV only to offset Multiattack penalties".

Is KA: 3D6 to much for six spikes on the tail? Should the tail be shorter?

Make the tail as long as you like and as strong as you like.

How would I make it so that the character can be detected by character who can detect the supernatural?

10 Magic Aura (Distictive Feature; Not Concealable, Only detectable by unusual Senses).

But honetsly: He is has six arms, a prehensible feet and second head. How exaclty is being detectable as supernatural going to be a hinderance?

How much resistant should gnarled' date=' bony plates offer? Right now they are Bony Plates: Resistant Protection (16 PD/16 ED), Inherent (+1/4) (60 Active Points); Perceivable (-1/4)[/quote']

You should seriously stop applying Inherent to powers. There are realy only very few chases where you should do it.

I noticed that in the books armor "built into" the characters body is often done with Normal Defenses, Resistant (+1/2) while "external" armor (inlcuding Force fields) are build as Resistant Protection. On the other hand it could be the difference between Rigid and non Rigid armor. There is a difference in how they get drained, as they are different Powers for Drain.

What is the best way to give him the complication He Thinks he is a Mutant?

What does it means to be a Mutant in his worlds, as upposed to being a supernatural being or a baseline human?

Would it be to much for him to have two eyes and a mouth lined with tusk-like teeth in the center of his chest besides his normal eyes and mouth? If it would not be to much then what should the damage be for the second mouth?

The extra eyes could be the SFX for better Perception powers. The quest with the extra mouth is what the real chance to hit somebody with it is.

Besides have some enhanced vision what other abilities would be good for the character to have? Also I should make the character have a male gender instead of being genderless?

Better make him Male. Being genderless would mean some immunity to charm rolls/seduction MC and I don't know how to build that resistance.

About the attack:

Since he can as easily attack with each of his hands, the tail, perhaps both mouths and the feet consider giving him this Multipower together with 30 STR:

A blade in every arm, 30 Pool Multipower:

3f One out of many: +1 1/2d6 HKA, Alterable Origin Point (30 Base Points); 30 Active Points; 30 Real Cost

Note: 3 1/2d6 with STR

3f A Storm of Blades: +1d6 HKA, Alterable origin Point, Autofire (5 Shots, +1/2); 30 Active Points; 30 Real Cost

Note: 2d6+1, 5 Shoots with STR*. You have to pay the STR per shoot used*.

2f Armor Breaking Combo: +1d6 HKA, Alterable origin Point, Armor Piercing (+1/4); 25 Active Points

Note: 2 1/2d6* with STR.

3f Impale them on a dozen Blades: +1d6+1 HKA, Penetaring (+1/2); 30 Active Points; 30 Real Cost.

Note: 2 1/2d6* with STR; No Alterable Origin Point as he needs to be unhindered to do this;

?f Block with a dozen Blades: +6 OCV (30 Active Points), Only to Block (-?)

Hope that helps a little bit.

*I am not 100% certain if that is right. Could someone else check that too?

I forget to mention that gecause he is at least 8 feet tall he get a +15 Str and other bonuses to his characterstics.

I forget mention the tail is that long because the character is the character being convert from another game system in which the tail would have a high level of resistant since the tail (the power) in that game system is give at max the ability to take 480 point of H.P. damage. The tail which the character is a super ability and in that game is 1D6+12 feet long.

Would his resistance be anything like say ankylosaur (it has bony plates) or better?

I like how long the arms are with the blades included.

What Hand-to-Hand abilities should he have?

The reason he has prehensile feet to help him out since he has no hands.

What would be some goods ways to show the difference between a mutant in a supernatural being? I kow that radiation would not create a supernatural being like it could a mutant.

i know the reason he think he is a mutant is his adopted parents have told them that. His real parents give him up for adoption. Hunted: Parents Very Frequently (As Pow; Watching)

I forget to mention that gecause he is at least 8 feet tall he get a +15 Str and other bonuses to his characterstics.

DC and characterstics limits will still be in place. It only means that he has 15 STR, +15 STR for beign big wich is game technically the excat same as just having 30 STR. In fact you can just give him 30 STR and don't even have to write down that one part is from size.

I forget mention the tail is that long because the character is the character being convert from another game system in which the tail would have a high level of resistant since the tail (the power) in that game system is give at max the ability to take 480 point of H.P. damage. The tail which the character is a super ability and in that game is 1D6+12 feet long.

I don't know how far a feet is. I only know ranges in Meters. Afaik the d&d rule of thumb was 5 feet = 1.5 Meter. Since he uses the Large Template or Large level Growth, he already has 1m of general Reach. If that is true I would make the tail as +3 to +4 Meters of Stretching or reach, only for the tail.

Would his resistance be anything like say ankylosaur (it has bony plates) or better?

The questions you really should ask yourself:

a) What amount of Resistant Defenses ist allowed in the games I am going to play him in?

B) And at what end of the range do I want him to be?

What Hand-to-Hand abilities should he have?

What forms have his arms when not in Blade-form?

The reason he has prehensile feet to help him out since he has no hands.

Okay, when his only manipolatory extremity is his prehensible feet:

a) apply the "Limited mainpulation" (-1/4) Limitation to your Extra Limbs

B) give him a "limited Manipulation" Complication (Physical), as he is even worser than a human

What would be some goods ways to show the difference between a mutant in a supernatural being? I kow that radiation would not create a supernatural being like it could a mutant.

Okay, just to make certain I understand it right: He permanently runs around 4 Meters tall, with 6 Arms ending in weapons, has armor plates in his skin, a second face with mouth and a prehensible feet.

Just how does it make a difference if he is regarded Mutant or Supernatural being? I don't seen people reacting "He has a magical Aura, run for yoru lifes". I see people reacting "He's a 4 Meters Monster with six arm that end in weapons, two faces and amor plated skin - run for your lives" (Well, for most of the time they will just say "Aaaahh" or "Ruuuun").

i know the reason he think he is a mutant is his adopted parents have told them that. His real parents give him up for adoption. Hunted: Parents Very Frequently (As Pow; Watching)

Again, what is the difference? For Leela from Futurama it made little difference if she was a Mutantor or Alien, so how exactly is that false believe affecting his adventuring/killing?

One meter is equal to 3,28 feet is how it work in the system I created him for.

If there was a hunter (a person that hunt evil supernatural beings and the undead; therm is on the show Supernatural) that could see his supernatural aura would be moire likly to try possibly try to kill him think he was an evil supernatural being. That is before figure that right now the character is is not a threat. The fact he has a supernatural aura might work better in Rifts (Palladium post-apocalyptic setting with supernatural being, dimensional beings, dragons, demons, cyborgs, magic, psionics and mutant).

He is eleven feet tall, massive (Density Increase (200 kg mass, +5 STR, +1 PD/ED, -2m KB), Uncontrolled (+1/2) (6 Active Points), always has in place of hands three feet-long serrated blades of bone, prehensile feet, a a long tail that ends in six spikes,bony pales covering his whole body and tail, a second mouth located in the center of his chest and two eyes located in the center of his chest.

Here is picture in the link of two creaturesre that could help you with some of how he looks. It is both pictures of the two being that got me to give the serrated blades of bone in place of hands (only) and the prehensile feet (the picture with out the mouth in the chest) for the character.

http://razielhex.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/swordfist.jpgr

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/oa_gallery/Mamono.jpg

He would protect mutants and mutant kind over his kind if he saw them.

Do you know how I would apply the Limited mainpulation" (-1/4) Limitation to the serrated blades of bone in place of hands. I could see him playing pool with them if he knows how to play pool.

I left out he was born in a desert dimension (extra-dimensional) and just like his parents.

Do you want the fact that he is massive be a permanent power, or something he has to activate? There are "increased Density" Templates in the book too. It's easy enough to combined huge and heavy.

And I already told you how to apply the limited manipulation, see above.

When combining the Huge and Hefty (higher weight) Templates from 6E1 Appendix (442 and following), we get the followign sugested modifiers:

+20 STR

+5 CON

+5 PRE

+4 PD and ED

+3 BODY

+6 STUN

+1m Reach (total of 2m)

+12m Running

-8 m Knockback Resistance.

Physical Complication "Large and Hefty" (Infrequently, Slightly Imparing; 10 Points): enemy recieves +2 Szie modifier for attack and Perception Rolls (Sight and Hearing). I kept the complcation value for Large, since being weighty is usually not as hindering as being 4m tall one time weight increase is already part of being Large.

Weight also helps you during grabs that aim to stop or move a target (he has to carry you if he want's to keep moving/he need a lot of STR to move you).

The big question is, if using a huge/hefty template allows you to go beyond STR and defense limits for your campaign.

Most likely not, as Superheroics has as sort of contract that "bigger does not mean stronger". Just think of the usual "I am stronger than I look" bricks, that can toss around someone like Giganta or a Stone Elemental (around 6 tons). The big and heavy guy just has it easier choosing complications.

The big question is, if using a huge/hefty template allows you to go beyond STR and defense limits for your campaign.

Most likely not, as Superheroics has as sort of contract that "bigger does not mean stronger". Just think of the usual "I am stronger than I look" bricks, that can toss around someone like Giganta or a Stone Elemental (around 6 tons). The big and heavy guy just has it easier choosing complications.

I'm not sure why this is even a concern. If the campaign has limits than it has limlits and what template you're using doesn't matter.

Personally, if I want to use the size or density templates I apply them first to a more or less blank character to set the character's baseline, then build from there.

If there was a hunter (a person that hunt evil supernatural beings and the undead; therm is on the show Supernatural) that could see his supernatural aura would be moire likly to try possibly try to kill him think he was an evil supernatural being. That is before figure that right now the character is is not a threat. The fact he has a supernatural aura might work better in Rifts (Palladium post-apocalyptic setting with supernatural being' date=' dimensional beings, dragons, demons, cyborgs, magic, psionics and mutant). [/quote']

Determining whether a Supernatural Aura is disadvantageous, neutral or advantageous requires an understanding of the actual game setting.

Instead of asking "what you should give the character" to simulate various elements, you should be deciding "what do you want these elements to mean"? Does the fact he has a supernatural aura mean:

(a) beings in game with supernatural abilities will be able to easily locate him?

(B) beings in game with supernatural abilities will be impressed/intimidated by him?

© beings in game with supernatural abilities will refuse to interact with him in any way but direct attack?

(d) beings in game with supernatural abilities will be disgusted by him and look down on him?

(e) pretty much nothing - various people will react to him in various different ways?

He is eleven feet tall' date=' massive (Density Increase (200 kg mass, +5 STR, +1 PD/ED, -2m KB), Uncontrolled (+1/2) (6 Active Points), always has in place of hands three feet-long serrated blades of bone, prehensile feet, a a long tail that ends in six spikes,bony pales covering his whole body and tail, a second mouth located in the center of his chest and two eyes located in the center of his chest.[/quote']

In Heroes Unlimited/Palladium/what have you, abilities are selected and enhance the character in various ways. In Hero, most of those abilities are just special effects for an existing power. It makes no diference at all whether your strength comes from natural characteristics, weightlifting training, enhanced density, greater size, drugs, cybernetics or any of a million other SFX - unless YOU decide it makes a difference and add advantages or limitations to reflect that difference.

And in most Hero games, at least, it does not change the maxma for the campaign. If the maximum defenses for the game are, say, 30 with 18 resistant, than having bony armored plates over bullet proof skin on top of which you have cybernetic armor, and wear a bullet proof vest over plate mail armor, with a force field belt, your total defenses cap out at 30, with 18 resistant. If the damage maximum is 12 DC, then your maximum Strength is 60, no matter where it comes from.

There are a lot of RPG systems which seem to be designed around the challenge to the player to "Determine combinations for these various abilities that will provide the greatest possible power for your character - becoming the most powerful is how you win". Hero is not such a system. Simply applying the rules without judgement or restraint, you can create any number of overpowered broken characters without difficulty. Hero is about building balanced characters that will fit in the game you are playing.

He would protect mutants and mutant kind over his kind if he saw them.

Even if they look like normal humans? And how would he know the difference between a mutant and a supernatural creature, anyway? What do you want it to mean in game? From the above, a simple psychological complication "Protective of Mutants" will do the trick. Look up this complication, assess how strong it is and how often you want it coming up in-game, and determine its value.

Now, you may also want to consider what happens when the vary obvious in game development "He discovers he is, in fact, a supernatural being and not a mutant" takes place.

Do you know how I would apply the Limited mainpulation" (-1/4) Limitation to the serrated blades of bone in place of hands. I could see him playing pool with them if he knows how to play pool.

Is his ability to manipulate objects in any way impaired as compared to a normal human? If not, he has no limited manipulation.

An overall comment: I can't see this character fitting in to many Supers games.

It is virtually incapable of participating in any non-combat investigative or interaction aspect of scenarios, so will be sidelined for substantial periods in most games. Its primary attacks are most likely to maim or kill opponents, which will not fit well in standard four colour games. It is a monster - a horror game antagonist, or even a PC in a "powerful monsters who slay their opposition" game - and not a Super Hero/Villain. You may well find a game it fits with, but I suspect you will find many more it does not fit in with.

A simplistic answer would be to add a line to the character sheet:

BERSERKER STRENGTH: +X ASTR, only under conditions as defined

For example, the character might have the complication Berserk, and the condition could be "only when berserk". Alternatively, he could be able to access this added STR at any time he desires, in which case it's just a special effect for strength and carries the same cost as STR with any other special effect.

How about STR (and other stats) with Continuing Charges? Possibly also with a Side Effect limitation if you want something else to be affected negatively (as the Barbarian's AC is).

I like that alot!! Also what abilities would you gain from coming from a desert dimension (extra-dimensional).

An overall comment: I can't see this character fitting in to many Supers games.

It is virtually incapable of participating in any non-combat investigative or interaction aspect of scenarios, so will be sidelined for substantial periods in most games. Its primary attacks are most likely to maim or kill opponents, which will not fit well in standard four colour games. It is a monster - a horror game antagonist, or even a PC in a "powerful monsters who slay their opposition" game - and not a Super Hero/Villain. You may well find a game it fits with, but I suspect you will find many more it does not fit in with.

Mr. Neilson has a very good point here. However you build it, this character is probably just not going to be acceptable in many games. If you're interested in building characters as a creative exercise that's fine, but this one is probably not going to come out playable.

Lucius Alexander

Feed it to the palindromedary!

I like that alot!! Also what abilities would you gain from coming from a desert dimension (extra-dimensional).

LS: Diminished Eating (includes dimished drinking)' date=' LS: High Temperatures and Sight Flash Defense are definitely on the list.[/quote']

Like everything else, the question is what do YOU think the character's background suggests for abilities? Christopher's suggestions are all reasonable, but not essential. Life Support is a pretty potent ability. Maybe he just has a Survival skill in desert environments. How has he adapted? Perhaps he is nocturnal, staying out of the high heat of the day. We also assume you say "desert" and mean hot with sand dunes - Arctic regions are "deserts" in that they get minimal moisture in a year. Even those hot sunny deserts tend to get very cold at night.

Also, you ask "what abilities", but would he also have drawbacks? Can the character swim? Having likely never seen a body of water, how would he have learned? If he's adapted to high heat, is he less resistant to low temperatures? Hero is all about realizing your vision of the character, rather than blindly applying the vision the game system applies to any given ability set, background or skill.

It depends on the game itself.

Practically, most Supers games are not all combat. In order to make the character playable in a standard Supers game, some of the things that likely need to be addressed include:

(a) Deal with the character's personality and motivations. You post a lot about mechanics, but little or nothing about what makes the character heroic. Why would other four colour Supers team with this character? What would motivate the character to fight the heroic fight?

(B) The character as written cannot practically engage in investigation or interaction. It can't even walk through a standard door into a typical building. So how will you participate in a game session devoted to investigation of the Bad Guy Organization's activities, or role playing of interaction with the local police, government agencies and/or media? "My character hulks along outside the building trying not to be noticed"? Even the trope of a big hat and a trenchcoat won't do much for the creature you describe.

© Combat style - how does the character deal with a bank robber, a villain agent or a supervillain, remembering that most Supers have at least a reluctance to kill, and leaving a wake of corpses is a sign of the most horrible villains? Your attacks all seem centered around maiming or killing your opponents. Killing attacks are not very effective at any combat result other than killing the opponent (and, in many Champions games, they aren't even all that effective at killing credible opponents).

Picture the character being encountered by a typical comic book character or team - Justice League; Fantastic Four; Spider-Man. Will your character be viewed positively, or viewed as a threat to innocent life, as bad or worse than the villains opposing the heroes?

I could go with the way I first had most of powers being which where the ability to assume any human or humanoid form at will. At that point he did not have the eyes and mouth in the middle of the chest..

Would the following help? I also had him when he was a mutant get Snady pregnant. Her parents moved with her to another town and she give birth to mutant boy and girl. He know nothing about his offspring. That was before he became genderless.

He was born with solid luminous sulfuric yellow eyes, purple-grey bonelike plates, eyebrows and forehead protected by bony ridges, three fingers and a thumb on both hands, and bone protrusions on his shoulders and knees.

At the age of thirteen he started growing a pair of enormous backwards pointing spikes surrounded by three smaller spikes. Also he found out that he only needs four hours of sleep a night, but must eat twice as much.

At the age of fifteen he started growing from just below his shoulder blades three pairs of large, hooked bony protrusions.

Although the high school he attended had mutants and human, some high school students hated the mutants attending the school. He was one of the mutants picked by some of those mutant hating high school students.

During his sophomore year of high school he fell in love with the most popular girl in school. Unknown to him at the time was the most popular girl in school who was known as sandy was a mutant. Sandy had purple skin and eyes and eight inches tentacles in place of hair and the ability to assume any human or humanoid form she wants to. Sandy did not like the way she looked like as a mutant so she would assume the form similar to her but with red hair, green, and tan skin. It was not until she met him that she started to change her mind about looking different in her normal form. Sandy started dating him which freaked out the mutant hating high school students. He was the first person to find out how Sandy really looked like. Some of those mutants hating high school students discovered Sandy’s true appearance. Two days before the prom they captured Sandy so they could kill her to seen to a message to mutants to leave town or they would suffer the same fate as Sandy. He finally found out who had kidnaped Sandy and planned to get revenge on them for kidnaping her. He found the people who kidnaped Sandy’s in the local park smoking and drinking alcohol. He had planned to kill them after he got them to tell him where they hid Sandy. Instead he beat them until they told him where they were keeping Sandy. He figured he would be just like them if he killed them all.