Remote Controllled Veichle (and suggestion)

Dr Divago

Hi all

i'm thinking about some minor NPC (both good and villain) my PC could encounter during the campaign i'm playing.

Just because i'm not using official settings, this does'nt means i can't use chars from the books, so i'm looking at DC:TAS for some "suggestion" and i see at Scarlet like someone who could fit in the campaign (it's low power superheroic, more similar to hudson city powers from DC:TAS)

not using magic nor demons as superpowers origins, i'm planning some little change on her, mainly the origins (she's a mutant but she believe in being a demonic possession) but also some powers; so suggestion under campaign use paragraph are not really appropriate.

first of all i whant to power up her bike, like giving them a remote control (like suggested in the description). Now the problem: how could i add remote control to a veichle? add a computer to it? or building it really like an automaton?

or i just need to add some power to her (like "summon bike" or special indirect attacks wich special effect are "the bike will trample you from different direction")?

secondary, i'm planning on enhancing her control on the bike (like some DCV and or OCV bonus on the bike), but what's the limitations value for a "only while raiding her bike"? -1 or -½?

and last, but not least, i need some suggestion about simple power she could explain like a machine control; something really low power and more DC:TAS theme; for instance a "strange gadget she could use 'cause of her control on technology" is cool, a "create robot minions from scraps" is not adequate :\

btw, thanks you all for helping and advices :)

Re: Remote Controllled Veichle (and suggestion)

first of all i whant to power up her bike, like giving them a remote control (like suggested in the description). Now the problem: how could i add remote control to a veichle? add a computer to it? or building it really like an automaton?

or i just need to add some power to her (like "summon bike" or special indirect attacks wich special effect are "the bike will trample you from different direction")?

Sounds interesting and there are multiple ways to do this. here are some questions to nail down wich one will fit better:

- do you mean autopilot, or really remote controlling?

- is the bike supposed to act on it's own (seperate actions)?

- when she is remote controlling the bike, can she still act/defened herself normally?

- is the bike attackable while she is not controlling it?

- can it get to her on it's own when they are seperated?

Sounds interesting and there are multiple ways to do this. here are some questions to nail down wich one will fit better:
Eh... that's some question i did'nt think about it previously u.u

- do you mean autopilot' date=' or really remote controlling?[/quote']autopilot is better. Better is "if someone force her away from her bike, she can click some button on a wristpad and then the bike start and travel (normal movement rate) to find her"

maybe also a "click a button and bike goes to scarletcave while pressing another button bike travel from scarletcave to her"

- is the bike supposed to act on it's own (seperate actions)?
nope just traveling to her or from/to scarletcave (or wherever she hide the bike) to her

- when she is remote controlling the bike' date=' can she still act/defened herself normally?[/quote']yes, is just a "click a button and the bike come close"

- is the bike attackable while she is not controlling it?
i don't see why she could not :)

If it is really just the commands "Come" and "Go Home" (no "Drive over X", "understand you are being followed and act accordingly" or such stuff), this should work:

Autopilot MK I (Computer):

8 INT -2 RC

- EGO

10 DEX

3 OCV/DCV/OMCV/DMCV

1 SPD -10 RC

Skills:

3 Combat Piloting 11-

TF: Motorcycle

2 Navigation (City)

2 City Knowledge (Map of campaign City) 11-

Programms:

1 Drive Home or Drive to Beacon

Cost for Computer:

1 (technically -4, but 1 ist the Minimum)

Needed Senses (build in into bike):

17 Normal Sight: 5 Point Detect (what normal eyes can see; simulates sight), Discriminatory(5), Range(5), Sense(2)

3 Detect Beacon: Works like Bump of Direction

Total Cost: 21.

Notes:

- This is a simplified version of the ECSP-7000 as show on 6E2 185. Like it, it may not have the phases nessesary to drive savely, but it can always hold an action to react to dangers.

- The sight isn't targetting, so it can't drive over people and remotely steering it over people is difficulty at best (no targettings sense penalties). I am pretty certain targetting is not needed for moving savely, normal sight with dicriminatory should be enough.

- it will react poorly to problems. It may understand how to deal with roadworks, but nothing unusual for the streets.

- anybody with half a brain can just hijack it while it waits at a intersction. Superfoes can easily normal or TK-Grab and lift it, place a beacon on it and follow the bike in a distance

If it is really just the commands "Come" and "Go Home" (no "Drive over X"' date=' "understand you are being followed and act accordingly" or such stuff), this should work:[/quote']ok so adding a computer is the way to go

and... what if i whant her to "remote control" it? like: sitting in a special chair in her scarletcave, putting on vr goggles, grabbing a modified x360 pad and driving the bike as if she where on board?

ok so adding a computer is the way to go

and... what if i whant her to "remote control" it? like: sitting in a special chair in her scarletcave, putting on vr goggles, grabbing a modified x360 pad and driving the bike as if she where on board?

Clairsnetence +Stretching w/ Does not cross intervening space.

It all depends what you want to vehicle to do. If it is just a matter of the vehicle showing up when you need it then it's just a special effect of the Focus. If you want the vehicle to attack someone (as in the parking garage scene from Dark Knight) then I would suggest building the vehicle in question as a follower. In that case you have it's Armor/Life Support Usable Simultaneously with Others, and it's STR No END Persistent to reflect it's carrying capacity.

ok so adding a computer is the way to go

Posession from the APG is the perfect way to go, designed to affect Machine Class of Mind. May add Bukly Focus (the Chair) and limitation for only a small (really small group) of Minds (her Motocycles).

Without Posesssion, I think it depends on how disposeable you want it to be. But usually either duplication (the Motorcycle is a "duplicate", so have full controll) or Summoning (but for full controll the GM may require Amiciable advantage - read: expensive).

could also be a 'Summon Vehicle" - must travel under it's own power.

in this case, i need to add IA to the veichle or build it like a characther?

or i could just state "summon - must travel under it's own power" and then just explain (special effect) it's traveling using an on board computer?

in this case, i need to add IA to the veichle or build it like a characther?

or i could just state "summon - must travel under it's own power" and then just explain (special effect) it's traveling using an on board computer?

Summon would also need "Slavishly Devoted" and maybe "Specific being", so I think in either chase it is more expensive than just buying the bike with the senses and computer. Wich would also be affected by the 1:5 Rule for vehicles.

Hi all

again :)

this one is the modified Scarlet i made; she become a technology control metahumans, she gain also some powers she could use while driving (like extra DCV, bonus to PD/ED equal to veichle's DEF and also PRE Attack Bonus is only while driving)

i added her veichle and IA

i made autopilot as an IA and bought as a follower, so i can give her a summon and/or a mind control (in 5er i'm using there is no Possession x.x )

what do you think of it?