Would a spell of Growth cause your equipment to grow too?

Pizza Man

Is there an advantage I need to buy or is this just assumed in a fantasy environment?

Its just +30 strength to the warriors amongst other things. Sure, the 6 foot paladin is now 24 feet tall....I'm just trying to enhance the party's effectiveness. (and my survival. Get em guys!)

And whats the damage of a longsword 4 times its size?

Re: Would a spell of Growth cause your equipment to grow too?

I would rule that the power would need a 5 point adder "Affects Carried Equipment"; similar to the same adder on Resistant Protection.

Weapon sizes would be probably +1 DC per size category. So a 2d6 Longsword at x4 size would be 2 1/2 d6k (and again much higher still with the extra 30 STR.)

I'm going to agree with CC on this. Their armor would grow but it would only provide the same protection that it did before. Their sword would become longer and have more rech, but if it was a 1 1/2 d6 HKA it would remain a 1 1/2 d6 HKA. However, you could link extra damage and/or armor to the spell to give a more powerful giant.

I would say fine that equipment grows with the character under the influence of the spell but is no more effective except for reach. You could use the +5 Adder that was suggested by Kraven Kor but that is really a personal choice. Linking damage is also an option but I think that the extra strength over the strength minimum would do the trick. Why complicate things unnecessarily?

I suppose it mostly depends on whether equipment is free or not, and whether the GM really wants to have the spell be that much more effective. It could easily unbalance things, but "as I see it" the extra damage classes - whether from strength alone, or from the increased base size / damage of the weapon - will probably more or less balance out.