What CSL can be used while in a vehicle.

BhelliomRahl

Good day.

I am about to run a anime style cyberpunk game (First Hero Game using 6th Ed) in which the character utilising Exo-Suits built as vehicles.

The Exo Suits have built-in Combat Computers which give CSL. Was wondering if the pilot has CSL themselves and they are applicable in the situation. (All Combat , Ranged, HTH, etc.) If they can be used at all and if they can be combined with the computer to modify their OCV & DCV?

How I read them I would think that you can but I would like some inpu from more experienced GMs.

Re: What CSL can be used while in a vehicle.

Since you're asking for input from GMs, you're clearly interested in a conversation rather than asking a rules question, so I've moved this to the Discussion board. ;)

My quick response: There are guidelines for the use of CSLs in vehicular combat on pages 17-18 and 220-21 of The Ultimate Vehicle (which of course will be reprinted, and updated to 6th Edition, in HERO System Vehicles in a few months). Generally the answer to what you're asking is "Yes," but there are more specifics and other info than I can go into here.

The Exo Suits have built-in Combat Computers which give CSL. Was wondering if the pilot has CSL themselves and they are applicable in the situation. (All Combat ' date=' Ranged, HTH, etc.) If they can be used at all and if they can be combined with the computer to modify their OCV & DCV?[/quote']

I would regard them (CSL from the computer) as normal CSL bought trhoug a focus:

They can add to OCV, but nothing else.

The question is if PC's can use their Mecha-CSL in normal combat. I think firing a weapon remotely and when it's in your hands is something differently. The same goes for moving the mecha.

But that mostly depends on how difficulty/expensive you want to make it for players to be good at fighting in the Exo Suits and out of them.

Good day.

I am about to run a anime style cyberpunk game (First Hero Game using 6th Ed) in which the character utilising Exo-Suits built as vehicles.

The Exo Suits have built-in Combat Computers which give CSL. Was wondering if the pilot has CSL themselves and they are applicable in the situation. (All Combat , Ranged, HTH, etc.) If they can be used at all and if they can be combined with the computer to modify their OCV & DCV?

How I read them I would think that you can but I would like some inpu from more experienced GMs.

As I highly suspect you're going to run Kazei 5, I can, with complete confidence, say the following: An Exo-Suit pilot can use CSLs with a targeting computer as long as his CSLs apply to the weapon or the suit. In other words, a PC with +2 with Small Arms can't use them with an Exo-Suit, but a PC with +2 with Ranged Combat can. This would also apply to HTH combat.

I would regard them (CSL from the computer) as normal CSL bought trhoug a focus:

They can add to OCV, but nothing else.

The question is if PC's can use their Mecha-CSL in normal combat. I think firing a weapon remotely and when it's in your hands is something differently. The same goes for moving the mecha.

But that mostly depends on how difficulty/expensive you want to make it for players to be good at fighting in the Exo Suits and out of them.

You can't use Exo-Suit-specific CSLs in normal combat. As to using generic Ranged or All Combat CSLs in a suit, there's no issue there that I see. It captures the anime feel quite nicely.

My take on this:

Can use CSL's with "all ranged combat" with both personal weapons and Exo-suit.

Can use CSL's with "all melee combat" with both personal weapons and Exo-suit melee.

Can use CSL's with all combat (of course)

Can use Overall SL's (of course)

Can use 3pt Skill Levels with "Exo Suit weapons", must specify ranged or melee.

Can use 5pt Skill Levels with All Exo Suit weapons. Works for both ranged and melee, but the character can't use them for personal combat.

My take on this:

Can use CSL's with "all ranged combat" with both personal weapons and Exo-suit.

Can use CSL's with "all melee combat" with both personal weapons and Exo-suit melee.

Can use CSL's with all combat (of course)

Can use Overall SL's (of course)

Can use 3pt Skill Levels with "Exo Suit weapons", must specify ranged or melee.

Can use 5pt Skill Levels with All Exo Suit weapons. Works for both ranged and melee, but the character can't use them for personal combat.

This works for me.