STR Minimum Advantage??

Dr Divago

In Fantasy Hero book, where are talking about wepons damage, it say that

some weapons add 1 DC every 5 STR over STR Minimum (okei, this is the standard rule); some weapons add 1 DC every 6.75 STR over STR minimum and some add 1 DC every 8.25 STR over STR Minimum (or likes...)

Well, the problem is: say that this is an Advantage not a disadvantage... but i think it was a disadvantage (requires an higher STR to have a DC bonus) so is an error? or i miss the real advantage in this?

Originally posted by Alibear

Some weapons have built in advantages, they do extra stun or are Armour Piercing.

You have to be that little bit stronger to get more damage out of them.

Yes this is fine.

But in FH say that with a +½ Advantage can build a weapon that add a +1DC everry 6.75 STR over STR Minimum (normal rules say that is +1 DC every 5 STR over STR Minimum). SO the fact is... is a disadvantage or an advantage?

What that means is that weapons which have an advantage on them have an increase in the amount of STR necessary to raise the damage they do. When it says a +1/2 advantage needs 6.75 STR to raise the damage, what that actually means is that a weapon which has a +1/2 advantage (Armor Pirecing, for example) needs more STR to raise its damage that the weapon would without the advantage.

To clarify: Requiring extra strength is not the advantage itsself, but the result of whatever advantage was already added to the weapon.

I dont have my book handy, but just to clarify something, wouldnt a weapon with a +1/2 advantage require a 7.5 str to increase damage with a +1/4 advantage needing the 6.25?

I believe you are basically having to apply the advantage to the 5 points of str normally needed to increase the damage class.