Somebody needs to write this villain up now!

Logan D. Hurricanes

Re: Somebody needs to write this villain up now!

Fists All Over The Place: Hand-To-Hand Attack +5d6, Area Of Effect (1m Radius; +1/4) (31 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/4), Unified Power (With Hundred Hand Slap) (-1/4), Total Cost 21

Hundred Hand Slap: Hand-To-Hand Attack +5d6, Autofire (5 shots; +1/2) (37 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/4), Unified Power (With Fists All Over The Place) (-1/4), Total Cost 25

Saturation Fire: Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6, Area Of Effect (4m Radius; +1/4) (56 Active Points); Unified Power (With Concentrated Fire) (-1/4), 2 clips of 12 Charges (Increased Reloading Time: 2 Full Phases; -1/4), Total Cost 37

Concentrated Fire: Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6, Autofire (3 shots; +1/4) (56 Active Points); 2 clips of 12 Charges (Increased Reloading Time: 2 Full Phases; -1/4), Unified Power (With Saturation Fire) (-1/4), Total Cost 37

As for the Bracelets of Submission, I'd just stat them up as an Obvious Accessible Focus for a Missile Deflection power or somesuch, with an Enraged Disadvantage that, when the Bracelets are removed, she automatically enrages. I'd also add something like 20-50 Strength (depending on the exact power level you're stating up), Only Usable While Enraged (-1/2)

Fists All Over The Place: Hand-To-Hand Attack +5d6, Area Of Effect (1m Radius; +1/4) (31 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/4), Unified Power (With Hundred Hand Slap) (-1/4), Total Cost 21

Hundred Hand Slap: Hand-To-Hand Attack +5d6, Autofire (5 shots; +1/2) (37 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/4), Unified Power (With Fists All Over The Place) (-1/4), Total Cost 25

Saturation Fire: Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6, Area Of Effect (4m Radius; +1/4) (56 Active Points); Unified Power (With Concentrated Fire) (-1/4), 2 clips of 12 Charges (Increased Reloading Time: 2 Full Phases; -1/4), Total Cost 37

Concentrated Fire: Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6, Autofire (3 shots; +1/4) (56 Active Points); 2 clips of 12 Charges (Increased Reloading Time: 2 Full Phases; -1/4), Unified Power (With Saturation Fire) (-1/4), Total Cost 37

As for the Bracelets of Submission, I'd just stat them up as an Obvious Accessible Focus for a Missile Deflection power or somesuch, with an Enraged Disadvantage that, when the Bracelets are removed, she automatically enrages. I'd also add something like 20-50 Strength (depending on the exact power level you're stating up), Only Usable While Enraged (-1/2)

I'm not sure of the use of Unified Power. I think a Multipower works better, since otherwise you'd be getting STR + 5d6 (x2) attacks that are 1 Hex AOE and Autofire 5.

I also think the Charges for the RKA are off. Best to buy the guy one gun, then but multiple foci until he has as many as he need, then buy some naked Advantages that allow him to rapid fire his guns at one or multiple people.

I went with Unified because they are each based on the same ability. . . having lots of limbs to hit someone with, or hold guns to fire with. Then again, I suppose they should all be Unified with each other, since they are all the same outgrowth of Extra Limbs. It didn't seem necessary to use a Multipower, since you couldn't use both attacks at the same time anyway.

I went with Unified because they are each based on the same ability. . . having lots of limbs to hit someone with' date=' or hold guns to fire with. Then again, I suppose they should all be Unified with each other, since they are all the same outgrowth of Extra Limbs. It didn't seem necessary to use a Multipower, since you couldn't use both attacks at the same time anyway.[/quote']

Actually, with Unified, you can.

Best to buy the guy one gun' date=' then but multiple foci until he has as many as he need, then buy some naked Advantages that allow him to rapid fire his guns at one or multiple people.[/quote']

Same idea with me:

22 1 Gun: 9d6 Blast, OAF (-1): AP 45

15 7 more Guns as above

Naked Advantage: Autofire (3 Shots, +1/4) for up to 45 AP of Hand Fire Weapons.

AP: 11, Multiple identical OIF's of Opportunity (-1/4)

Real Cost: 9 Endurance Cost: 1

Naked Advantage: Area of Effect (4m Radius, +1/4) for up to 45 AP of Hand Fire Weapons.

AP: 11, Multiple identical OIF's of Opportunity (-1/4)

Real Cost: 9, Endurance Cost: 1

Costs a total of 55 Real Points, but does not includes doing the same with HTH-Attacks.

No' date=' you can use a Multiple Power Attack and use both.[/quote']

When even one attack of a Multiattack is not an Area of Effect, all attacks (inlcuding the Area of Effect attacks) go agaisnt normal DCV - 6E2 76. While your AOE attack would still be unblockable, it would loose most of it's benefits.

It would be an interesting approach. I can't comment on its legality though.

It's legal. You can check out the write up of hydras in the Bestiary.

Mind you, it's a build that's usually reserved for guys with more than one head... or at least more than one personality/spirit in their body.

So, not sure that it would actually be appropriate for this guy.

I admit' date=' I'm not as well-versed on the intricacies of HERO as I'd like. What are the differences between your write-up and mine?[/quote']

Aside from your costing more than two times as much (120)? :)

Buying the guns a single items with the 5-pt doubling, has the advantage that you can use combined attack with them. That gives you up to 8 times 9d6 with a single Attack roll. You still require Ambidexterity for your of hand guns or suffer the penalty on your Roll. Otherwise (as long as all the attacks are identical) there are no penalties for a combined attack.

You can multiattack with a combined attack.

Also, we can track the ammunition for each gun seperately.

Using the Naked Advantages has the advantage that your are not limited to "your" weapons. Take any identical weapon you can find (Viper agent blasters) and you can use it with them, as long as it is bought for enoug active points to cover the weapon.

Another idea:

Instead of the Area of Effect attack, we could also use extra OCV to simulate the fightings style. He litterally has so many arms, you enemy never knows from where the attack will come. Of course, such a bonus could also be archieved with one of the APG I Autofire Skills (one that gives you an OCV bonus on the attack, but you only can hit once).

I was figuring high OCV was something this character may have on his own. I was using Area of Effect as an actually Area of Effect, granting him the ability to hit enemies all around him, or in a certain area as he fires, say, a dozen semi-automatic pistols with same effect as a prolonged burst of machine gun fire, not as a cheesy way to hit a single character.

I'm afraid I just don't grasp how you're building one weapon then duplicating it several times. I'm not challenging your conclusion, just saying I'm not familiar enough with HERO to understand how one does that.

I'm afraid I just don't grasp how you're building one weapon then duplicating it several times. I'm not challenging your conclusion' date=' just saying I'm not familiar enough with HERO to understand how one does that.[/quote']

I took the "5-point doubling Rule" from 6E2 181 and combined it with "Doubling Quick-reference table" on 6E1 448.

An Australian reprint from 1980. Hmm... that makes sense. There was a period in the 70s where the comics followed the TV series in being set during WW2. The art matches the period too.

I'll keep looking. I'll edit what I find into this post rather than create a new one.

EDIT: Got it! Issue 236, October 1977.

I thought that looked familiar! I had that issue.