Somebody needs to write this villain up now!

Logan D. Hurricanes

Re: Somebody needs to write this villain up now!

When some people think Silver Age, they think of heroic, upstanding actions, good always winning, and no one ever getting really hurt. Me, I think of silliness like this, which would have insulted my intelligence as an 8-year-old. It's stuff like this that makes me prefer a Dark Champions attitude in my games.

When some people think Silver Age' date=' they think of heroic, upstanding actions, good always winning, and no one ever getting really hurt. Me, I think of silliness like this, which would have insulted my intelligence as an 8-year-old. It's stuff like this that makes me prefer a Dark Champions attitude in my games.[/quote']

Whereas, I find the silliness a refreshing break from reality that looks like a lot of fun to play!

As to writing the character up, he has superhuman skill with firearms. When I think about the expertise required to fire eight guns at two tiny bracelets and hit with every shot (with simultaneous trigger pulls, to boot), I am left in awe.

The many arms could provide a bonus to grab maneuvers and the many legs could provide Knockback Resistance.

He has antennae, so he must be able to talk with insects and maybe even control them.

I'm guessing he should have insect-like toughness an strength, too, that is common to insect-themed characters.

Crimson in his name makes me think Communist Russian (like the Crimson Dynamo), so some language skills might be necessary. It also means he might have an affiliation with the KGB, which could give him Access or Contact perks, along with a Hunted complication.

A synopsis of the story in which he appears.

Count me as another fan of silliness.

Incidentally, the synopsis is very interesting. WW apparently went berserk when her bracelets of submission were removed. That's something I don't recall seeing anywhere else, but is very interesting, and the kind of thing I would consider using in a WW homage character. I wouldn't include it in a straightforward writeup, since it seems like a one-off.

How to go overboard with Extra Limbs...

And the equipment doubling rules ;)

Incidentally' date=' the synopsis is very interesting. WW apparently went berserk when her bracelets of submission were removed. That's something I don't recall seeing anywhere else...[/quote']

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40586[/ATTACH]

Wait' date=' [i']what?![/i] Are we sure this is silver age, here, because this sounds like something extremely risque got smuggled past the comics code....

Huh? The Bracers/Gauntlets of Victory were called the Bracelets of Submission until the Crisis.

Wonder Woman's bondage based past is well documented ;)

WW apparently went berserk when her bracelets of submission were removed. That's something I don't recall seeing anywhere else' date=' but is very interesting, and the kind of thing I would consider using in a WW homage character. I wouldn't include it in a straightforward writeup, since it seems like a one-off.[/quote']

Not a one off. I've no idea how many times she went berserk because the bracelets were removed, but it's very much part of the character. Amazons are inherently berserkers, and the only thing holding them back is the bracers they wear.

Wait' date=' [i']what?![/i] Are we sure this is silver age, here, because this sounds like something extremely risque got smuggled past the comics code....

You never noticed the "Lasso of Truth?"

Huh? The Bracers/Gauntlets of Victory were called the Bracelets of Submission until the Crisis.

Wonder Woman's bondage based past is well documented ;)

Look up the creator, Dr. Marston. Been discussed on threads here. It is kind of amazing though, how much Wonder Woman has always gotten away with....

Attachment 36384

And it's not what TV Tropes calls "Misaimed fandom" either. Marston knew what he was doing.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary adds, unlike Lucius who doesn't always seem to know what he's doing.

It's not my scan, so not 100% sure but I think it's from:

http://www.comicvine.com/wonder-woman-album-/37-174114/

An Australian reprint from 1980. Hmm... that makes sense. There was a period in the 70s where the comics followed the TV series in being set during WW2. The art matches the period too.

I'll keep looking. I'll edit what I find into this post rather than create a new one.

EDIT: Got it! Issue 236, October 1977.

When some people think Silver Age' date=' they think of heroic, upstanding actions, good always winning, and no one ever getting really hurt. Me, I think of silliness like this, which would have insulted my intelligence as an 8-year-old. It's stuff like this that makes me prefer a Dark Champions attitude in my games.[/quote']

You could redo this into something much more sinister if you want to. I would rewrite this to be a killer cyborg built on a centipede model with guns in the forelimbs and clinging abilities. I think there is something like this in Book of the Machine.

I'm wondering if this should be done with merged duplicates... :think:

No, because merged Duplicates are just once character. A lot of this can be done with autofire (either ranged or HTH), Extra Limbs, levels with HTH and/or Ranged Attacks, Clinging, and Knockback Resistance.

... do I have the heart to point out that it was planned as a trilogy?

Wow. I know it was 3 people in the 1st, and he talked about 25 people in the second. What was he going to do for an encore? 100?