Human Library

Enforcer84

Re: Human Library

Improved Universal Translator: Detect Meaning of Text and Speech +5 to INT Roll (Sight Group), Concealed (-8 with Detect PER Rolls), Discriminatory, Perceive into a single other dimension (near future), Transmit Active and Real Cost:40

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary thinks I should explain that build.

Detect Meaning of Text and Speech: treated as two seperate "classes of things" and how Universal Translator is costed.

+5 to roll: maybe I should have put more into that. But for a highly INTtelligent character this gets to "fail only on an 18" which is where I would say "assume success."

Concealed, -8: average interlocutor detects "accent" or clue that the person is not a native speaker only on a roll of 3, which is where I would say "assume failure."

Discriminatory: so they know what they're taling about.

Transmit: to speak/write rather than just understand.

Perceive future: To shut up anyone who wants to argue that even with Transmit the character can't initate a conversation because until someone starts talking there is no meaning to detect. This allows the character to listen into the future when approaching someone and know how they are about to say "pardon me, can you give me directions to the spaceport?"

Lucius Alexander

What makes you say I'm not from around here? You never saw a palindromedary before?