6E Villains books...

Dr Divago

Hi all

i just did a semi-massive purchase at Hero Store (some books, some pdf, even some HD pack)

but... for some reason, it does'nt seems enough :) so i'm planning about Champions Villains books

now, problem is i already have "Conquerors Killers and Crooks" (5E villains books for those who does'nt know) plus i still need to adapt them to my campaign (more like a iron age/dark champions the animated series than a regolar champions/champions universe setting) and i know some of the villains are the same

and then i'm thinking about buying just the HD pack, to help me into conversion from 5E and 6E (using description from 5E and stats from HD packs)

so, i'm asking

a) what's the big differencies about CKC and 6E Villains Books? i mean how much new team/solo villain there are in 6E?

B) it's worth buy just the HD pack and then arrange them to my campaign? or the HD Pack is almost useless without the books?

thanks for your advices :)

Re: 6E Villains books...

There's a huge difference between the Champions Villains trilogy and Conquerors, Killers, And Crooks. The former includes almost all the villains from the latter, plus many more who appeared for 5E in Arcane Adversaries, Evil Unleashed, Villains Vandals And Vermin, Champions Universe: News Of The World, Stronghold, Champions Worldwide, Book Of The Destroyer, Champions Of The North, Book Of The Machine, and several others; as well as a few completely new villains in each volume.

Another thing is that villians published in 5ed now have access to new powers (like Damage Negation, which I know Firebird has, and suspect the bad doctor and his just as evil shadow have, amoung others). So, yes, I would get the Villian Volumes to round out your colection.

Again, it IS a given that most villians get modified by each GM to fit there game better. Even old, haven't seen the light of day since Enimies 1 villians. Just ask. (And, no I don't realy know of villians who haven't been republished from Enimies 1, but I asume there may be one or two.)

and then i'm thinking about buying just the HD pack' date=' to help me into conversion from 5E and 6E (using description from 5E and stats from HD packs)... [sNIP']

B) it's worth buy just the HD pack and then arrange them to my campaign? or the HD Pack is almost useless without the books?

I wouldn't call the HD pack useless at all, if you're willing to generate background/history and role-playing notes for every villain from the pack you don't have a full write-up for. For the CV-trilogy villains versus only those in CKC, that amounts to close to two hundred characters.

There's a huge difference between the Champions Villains trilogy and Conquerors' date=' Killers, And Crooks[/i']. The former includes almost all the villains from the latter, plus many more who appeared for 5E in Arcane Adversaries, Evil Unleashed, Villains Vandals And Vermin, Champions Universe: News Of The World, Stronghold, Champions Worldwide, Book Of The Destroyer, Champions Of The North, Book Of The Machine, and several others; as well as a few completely new villains in each volume.

So, assuming i got also Arcane Adversaries, Evil Unleashed, Villains Vandals And Vermin, Champions Universe: News Of The World, Champions Worldwide (i can get them from a mate)

villains books is not indispensable... i can still use just the HD Pack?

'cause buying all villains books + hd pack is expensive (1) and maybe a little useless for my campaign so i was thinking about buying just HD Packs for all three books, or just one book (solo villain i think) + HD Pack for this book only

(1) i already spento over 150$ on various Hero manuals and HD Pack last week...

Ok, this is done...

i just bought volume 2 and 3, and also volume 3 HD pack

atm i don't need master villain and i can always use some powerful solo villain as a master villain :)

now a little question: what's the threath code? A, B, Delta etc?

i don't have CU so i can't consult the book :\

last, but not least, CKC had a big table for cross reference of the villains' main stats (also including total points)

there is somewhere something similar for CV?

Omega= Potential threat to the world.

Delta=Potential threat to a large geographic area, but not necessarily worldwide.

Beta=Powerful localized threats. Note this can include villains of great power who don't necessarily have a lot of ambition.

Alpha= Lowest priority threats...usually local issues....example: Foxbat

Omega= Potential threat to the world.

Delta=Potential threat to a large geographic area, but not necessarily worldwide.

Beta=Powerful localized threats. Note this can include villains of great power who don't necessarily have a lot of ambition.

Alpha= Lowest priority threats...usually local issues....example: Foxbat

Thank you :)

and do you know where i can find a summarized table?

i mean a table where i can quickly see for each one villain total point, archetype, etc?

i sure can do it by myself, but if someone else already did it, i spare my time :)