johann krauss (Hellboy)

steph

Re: johann krauss (Hellboy)

Yeah, well, I have been rather lax lately in developing material. I blame job hunting, a lack of enthusiasm, MLP, working on Mythic America, Steam (L4D2, TF2, Dungeons of Dreadmore, and other games) and other such things.

BTW is it me or have we suddenly had a ton of people asking us to write characters for them? In the past there were posts asking how to write up specific powers. Usually with the person posting their attempt at expressing the power using the system. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind helping new people with the system. I do hate the feeling that people want me to post complete characters for them.

BTW is it me or have we suddenly had a ton of people asking us to write characters for them? In the past there were posts asking how to write up specific powers. Usually with the person posting their attempt at expressing the power using the system. Don't get me wrong' date=' I don't mind helping new people with the system. I do hate the feeling that people want me to post complete characters for them.[/quote']

I've noticed some of that. Personally, you learn the systems by building stuff with it. Asking me to do it won't help, as I'm busy with other things and deprives you of a chance to tinker with the game engine.

On the third hand' date=' it could indicate an influx of new blood, which is always a nice thing.[/quote']

I kind of figured that we have been getting new blood. That is good for the health of the system. I was just commenting on the kinds of posts we have been getting lately. I don't mind the "What do you think of my Character" threads, or "How to I build a power that does X" threads, I have been taking exception to the many "my character does x, build my character for me" threads.

BTW is it me or have we suddenly had a ton of people asking us to write characters for them? In the past there were posts asking how to write up specific powers. Usually with the person posting their attempt at expressing the power using the system. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind helping new people with the system. I do hate the feeling that people want me to post complete characters for them.

Tasha yeah it is you!

Maybe i just want to compare my version of the character with other version! ........... or maybe i am a casual hero gamer who got a life and just want to understand the hero system with some examples ...........i just don t like the kind of player who think he deserve a Noble price in the hero system ............If you know the stats of Johann Krauss just tell but if you don't.........just skip your turn.................(in french: passe ton tour si tu as rien de constructif à dire!!!!)

excuse my english again not my first language

Steph

Tasha yeah it is you!

Maybe i just want to compare my version of the character with other version! ........... or maybe i am a casual hero gamer who got a life and just want to understand the hero system with some examples ...........i just don t like the kind of player who think he deserve a Noble price in the hero system ............If you know the stats of Johann Krauss just tell but if you don't.........just skip your turn.................(in french: passe ton tour si tu as rien de constructif à dire!!!!)

excuse my english again not my first language

Steph

Steph,

I shouldn't have hijacked your thread with my annoyances. I don't really mind answering most questions and helping people build better characters. Sending you to Mike's Board should help you create decent characters. He's got a great essay about character building and he is hosting an edited copy of my essay about character building. BTW your English is actually very good, better than some native english speakers :P

I think the hardest part of Johann is that he is a spirit inhabiting a containment suit (a Diving suit in the movie). This isn't the easiest build to do. Heck from what I have seen, I don't think he takes any stun when he is in the suit. So he is Desolid (0 end, Persistant) which is quite a problem and quite expensive. esp

His powers (ghostly body and how he interacts with the world)

70 Desolidification , Persistent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (70 Active Points)

20 Affects Physical World (+2) (40 Active Points); OIF (Containment Suit/ Diving Suit; -1/2) applied to STR (note: assumes 20str)

He should have boxing (again from what I saw in the movie), and a ton of investigation ,science skills and Knowledge Skills that benefit the BPRD

In a genre where 'Affects Desolid' is very rare (ie Pulp Hero, non super hero). this build is extremely powerful. Meaning that you won't be able to harm him with normal weapons.

I could finish writing him up, but it's after 4am in the morning and I am going to bed now. Hope this helps some and makes up in some little way for my rudeness.

Tasha