Has Anybody used any of the stranger powers from the Advanced Player's Guide I and II

Overkill

Re: Has Anybody used any of the stranger powers from the Advanced Player's Guide I an

Not used yet, but my thoughts anyway:

Extradimensional Storage: It's for makign "bags of holding". Have one characater concept that could use it, but she would need a different "space" (she uses a type of "transporter buffer" based on unique alien tech) for herself so I might not use it.

Object Creation:

Not so certain about it. I think that most uses wll either be so weak a transform could do it, or they would go into the area of anotehr power. I once calculated how "much" object creation one beign would need to create an earth sized planet (only the rock).

Propabilty Alteration:

Soudns balanced, because of the "built-in" charges. You pay for every re-roll a day and all likely misuses are covered by the rules.

Time Stop:

200 Character Points and thus 20 END/Turn cost make this power balanced, no matter the effect it can have. Most likely heroes will have no access to it anyway.

Replay:

30 AP/3 END per Step on the time chart is a hefty price. 120AP/12 END for 1 Minute is not to be underestimated. We had people build this with Clairsentience (Possible Future timeline) for less points.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Has Anybody used any of the stranger powers from the Advanced Player's Guide I an

My Well of the Worlds game used the Replay and Time Stop powers from APG II. Replay was never used in game (things never got bad enough for it to happen) but was alluded to being used several times during text-based interactions between games. Time Stop was used at least twice, with one using allowing the PC to eliminate a Left 4 Dead-styled 'Witch' before she could massacre the party.

Used a power nearly identical to replay years back. Very, very dangerous for the GM, since it allowed for the outcome he didn't want to occur far more often. But insanely fun from a RP perspective!

The character also had the ability to pop someone five minutes into the future ... again, fun, but its utility was far out of line with the points spent. As in, far, far too effective.

Not used yet, but my thoughts anyway:

Extradimensional Storage: It's for makign "bags of holding". Have one characater concept that could use it, but she would need a different "space" (she uses a type of "transporter buffer" based on unique alien tech) for herself so I might not use it.

Object Creation:

Not so certain about it. I think that most uses wll either be so weak a transform could do it, or they would go into the area of anotehr power. I once calculated how "much" object creation one beign would need to create an earth sized planet (only the rock).

Propabilty Alteration:

Soudns balanced, because of the "built-in" charges. You pay for every re-roll a day and all likely misuses are covered by the rules.

Time Stop:

200 Character Points and thus 20 END/Turn cost make this power balanced, no matter the effect it can have. Most likely heroes will have no access to it anyway.

Replay:

30 AP/3 END per Step on the time chart is a hefty price. 120AP/12 END for 1 Minute is not to be underestimated. We had people build this with Clairsentience (Possible Future timeline) for less points.

object creation would work for a gren lantern or firestorm homage

Extradimensional Storage looks like it would be good for creating secret bases' date=' since there's no volume limit.[/quote']

There are rules for bases and they don't need that power to be in a pocket dimension. They just buy an appropirately high Location Power.