Something I am working on....

Enforcer84

The Guardian.

Ten years ago, Aiden Pierce-Powers, then known as Kid Courageous, was young, powerful, and the leader of the media darling New Guard super team. The first appearance of the New Guard had caused quite a stir; they arrived one at a time during a huge battle between the mythical juggernaut Malevolence and several f the more experienced hero teams. The youngsters helped turn the tide and Malevolence was driven to another dimension.

The New Guard (taking that name because they considered the venerable Vanguard team the "old" Guard) were popular, young, attractive, and considered the heir apparent to the Vanguard. The older team trained with the youngsters and for nearly two years they made impressive strides.

Trouble was they felt the future wasn't arriving fast enough. The team universally felt as though the more experienced super teams got more respect than they did and treated them as children. They were right on both accounts.

The Vanguard had outfitted them with a base, a vehicle, and a sophisticated communications system that enabled the New Guard to contact them if trouble occurred.

When the mystically inclined Ward Witch felt the unmistakable presence of Malevolence as the menace opened another portal to Earth, the New Guard raced to the scene. In a fit of bravado they failed to warn the Vanguard in hopes of defeating the mystic fiend on their own.

By the time the Vanguard, the Irregulars, and the Crusade arrived the entire New Guard lay dead or dying. Kid Courageous, considered to have the potential to develop into one of the most potent beings on Earth, was barely breathing; he and his fallen comrades were whisked to safety.

He was the only survivor.

Aiden awoke in the hospital three days later. Upon finding out the fate of his friends and teammates, the anguished youth flew out of site and was never heard from again.

Until yesterday.

Yesterday, Malevolence returned for a third attempt at subjugating the citizens of New York. Again the heroes of New York converged to stop it. This time however, a new, yet familiar face was seen. Wearing an updated version of his Kid Courageous costume, Aiden let a decade of rage and self loathing out in what many who witnessed it say was the most awe inspiring and frightening display of power they had ever scene. Older, larger, and stronger, Aiden shrugged off the massive energies hurled at him, shattered mystical barriers that impeded him, and tirelessly assaulted his personal demon. Blows like bomb-blasts echoed through down town as the hero and monster stood and withstood each other for the better part of a half hour.

Malevolence was, for the first time, defeated outright with the arrival of Atlas, Nilrem, and the entire Lords of Justice Team. Nilrem banished the outsider to a realm of entropy where it would continuously fend off attacks from the vast creatures of chaos.

Shortly afterwards at an internationally televised news conference, Aiden, flanked by the Vanguard and Atlas, announced his return. Discarding the moniker of his youth, he took the name the Guardian in honor of his fallen friends. In a solemn, yet still idealistic tone, he pledged that the cause of justice, and freedom would for ever have a new Guardian. With that he left.

Aiden Pierce-Powers, the Guardian, now speaks annually at the Avery Institute, a school that meets the special needs of super powered youth and the progeny of costumed adventurers on all types. He is considered a role model and at the same time, a warning to young heroes.

Anyway....

This is one of the characters of my One Off Champions World.

I'm putting my ideas that I've come up with over the years but feel would clutter up the current CU, plus taking my favorite "classic" Champions bits.

I wanted to have a tragic super team; the young, hip, "Pop star" type team that served as a warning to others not to get in over their heads. I had initially had them all murdered in their base by Professor Muerte and his Black Legion, tortured, abused, and then slain, and placed in their chairs around the team table... but that was allot darker than I wanted for my world.