I can't sdem to find a rules referemce

Michael Hopcroft

Re: I can't sdem to find a rules referemce

Originally posted by Michael Hopcroft

I can;t sem to find the infamous "5-for-1" rule regarding spells in FH 5th Edition. Could someone point me to that rule and explain eoughly how it works> And will there be any future includion of that rule in Hero Deisgner so I can create characters in Fh seamessly?

I do not know if you would actually call it a "rule". Steve pulled the 5 for 1 thing out of the ether instead of applying additional limitations to the magic as a way of letting mages get more spells without screwing with the spells systems flavor, consider it like the cost break you recieve for vehicles and followers. Well... since he writes the rules, I guess it is the rule, at least for the magic systems it was made a part of... which are the Chaos Blade system (pg 262) and Lex Magisterium system (pg 266).

As far as using it in Hero Designer, I found the best way was to set up a multipower with a huge base( I used 100 points since I knew no spell would exceed that many points active), then do a custom adder of negative points equal to the points in the multipower. then to get the cost in character points correct, have characters create their spells in the multipower and make them varialble slots(1 for 5).

EX.

0 Multipower - Magic(100) (custom adder -100)

# 1v) Spell 1

# 2v) spell 2