Help me build a Peacebringer character (City of Heroes)

bluesguy

The person who wants this character is new to my gaming group and he is new to Hero. From what I gather from Peacebringer wiki the type appears to be a energy blaster of some kind.

But the players has stated things like:

• Various kinds of blasts
  • Some kind of hand-to-hand ability connected w/ blast
  • Healing?
  • The ability to 'borrow' other heroes abilities/skills (not absorb/steal away)

If anyone has some suggestions I would love to hear them.

Re: Help me build a Peacebringer character (City of Heroes)

Hello.

I played a little CoH soem tiem ago, but never got to those guys.

1. Blast, RKA; with possible variants inlcuding 1/2 END, Area of Effect (to easier hit high DCV targets; can hit multiple targets), Armor Piercing among others

2. If you mean a "Powered Punch", Hand to Hand Attack or Hand to Hand Killing Attack defined as going against Energy Defense. STR normally adds damage

3. Self or ally? How much how fast? Literal Healing has a maximum effect/day (can be bought down to 1/turn). Once that is reached nothing goes with that healing power. Really fast healing (Wolverine level or faster) is often better moddeled by extra "Resistant Defense, Does not affects first body of Killing Attacks"

4. Copying Powers is usually done using a Variable Power Pool(VPP) with Limitations. But unless that is a really important thing, I would leave it - to much cost for too little effect. With GM approval a VPP can contain skills, but then he has to deal with balancing issues.

He might be trying to get to much.

Blaster is an archetype of itself

Cocat is an archetype of itself

Combining both means he is weak at both.

A few generalities about Peacebringers from CoX. They are tougher than the average hero(more Stun) and seemed to be able to fire off their attacks more frequently(a point or two more SPD than average), and were extremely vulnerable to the Negative Energy damage type(Vulnerability to Negative Energy, Stun x2). They weren't any more capable of defending against Psionic attacks than any other hero but more resistant to Energy damage than physical damage(a few points to Resistant ED). All Peacebringers fly.

Kheldians naturally thrive off the energy and essence of their teammates. Peacebringers' metamorphic nature allows them to bring balance to their team. They do more damage if their allies are more defensive in nature and more defensives if their allies are more offensive. I'd avoid trying to balance issue and treat it as a general buff to damage and defenses based on team size.

Depending on the type of build the character uses:

• Energy Attacks but a key component to them was the Defense Debuff
    • Probably best written up as a Blast with a small linked PD/ED Drain with

[*]two different forms, i assume they return to the base form if KO'd

• Bright Nova
      • As it didn't have access to the rest of the powers from the game in that form, I'd suggest a multiform with extremely powerful attacks with a linked PD/ED Drain at the campaign maximum but limit the defenses to lower than the base form
      • Flight

[*]White Dwarf

• As it didn't have access to the rest of the powers from the game in that form, I'd suggest a multiform with extremely powerful melee attack with a linked PD/ED Drain at the campaign maximum but relatively high defenses compared to the base form
      • No Flight

[*]a self heal and an ally heal

• I'd buy it as a Stun Aid to prevent it from interfering with your self resurrection

[*]a self resurrect

• ​I'd buy it as a heal to Stun and Body, triggered upon being brought into negative BODY

[*]A number of defensive toggles

• probably best written up as a single force field(Resistant Defenses, Cost End)

After reading a little on the Wiki, I agree regarding Bright Nova and Whie Dwarf Form. Multiform is the best starting point.

From what I read I would say:

Bright Nova has powerfull attacks and good OCV/DCV, high Speed. Maybe even PSL for range. But the defenses are rather low. Basically a Ranged Martial Artist with all the up and downsides (high SPD, OCV, DCV; low Defenses).

Powers:

Bright Nova Bolt:

I would say not maximum damage, but maybe extra OCV or reduced endurance. Propably "no Body" for -0

Bright Nova Blast:

Maximum Damage. Maybe extra time and/or increased Knockback

Bright Nova Scatter:

Area of Effect Cone, No Range (centered on the character)

Bright Nova Detoantion:

Area of Effect Radius, No Range, Personal Immunity or Selective

White Dwarf is a Brick. Only hth-attacks, high defenses, high strenght (not mental, a common brick weakpoint) and a few "brick tricks" should do.

White Dwarf Strike:

Similar to Nova Bolt, propably the Low End, lower damage HTH attack.

White Dwarf Smite:

Similar to Bright Nova Blast, top of the line damage

White Dwarf Sublimation:

Heal Stun, Heal Stun+Body or Simplified Healing, Reduced Re-use time (to whatever you think works)

White Dwarf Flare:

Sounds like a HTH-Attack with Area of Effect

White Dwarf step:

Teleportation

White Dwarf Antagonize:

There are no "gain aggro" powers in P&P rpg's. Presence attack can work. Mind Controll, Single Command ("attack me") can work - if you really want that.

About the Debuff:

Sound like the CoH typical "every set has a Proc" thing. Such things work better in Computer than in P&P rpg's (where the GM has to track such stuff) and rather expensive for the effect.

If you want it, I would say a Supress (Drain ED, PD, rPD, rED), area of effect, "only vs. targets attacked in last phase"