Affecting another players charges

Has anyone out there constructed a power that affects another character's charges? For example a spell that causes arrows in a quiver to disappear. Or a spell that causes new arrows to appear in a quiver.

I was thinking this is probably possible with Transform, but has anyone thought of other ways?

Re: Affecting another players charges

Has anyone out there constructed a power that affects another character's charges? For example a spell that causes arrows in a quiver to disappear. Or a spell that causes new arrows to appear in a quiver.

I was thinking this is probably possible with Transform, but has anyone thought of other ways?

Heroic or Superheroic?

Heroic could jsut use a small KA with limitations. After all "arrows" and "bullets" can be destroyed easily and targeted easily when not in the weapon. And that the charges are attackable is covered by the Focus limitaiton on the weapon (or your "charge storage" for things like the grenade belt).

For Superheroic with no Focus, Transform is the only way. The way you can apply Limitations, you can propably increase Limitations as well.

As an addendum - I am thinking specifically about Superheroic with no focus.

Than Transform is about the only way. You need to increase/apply a charges Limitaiton or Reduce a Charges Advantage and transform is the only power that can do that.

Perhaps you could make a Drain built to "only reduce the power to lower charges amount" but I would not advise that. It could be a overpowered way to shut down a power after half the shots are fired.

Example:

Taking a standart 60 AP Attack Power, with 16 Charges it costs 60 Real Points

The same power with 8 Charges costs 40 Real Points

The same with 1 Charge: 20 Real Cost

This modified Drain would leave the total power allone. But as the Real Points shrink by the drain, the Charges have to increase in order to still fit into the Availible Real Points

So if it is drained by 20 Real Points it would still do it's full effect and damage (60 AP), but would have the number of shoots halved.

As Transform can take or give Complciations and powers up to a certain amount, it could do the same as Drain but with different healing method.

You can not adjust modifiers (except adders, with the right advantage) so you can not directly affect the charges. However, if you remove the charges, you effectively remove the power, so maybe a Drain that works a bit differently: divide the active points by the number of charges and each time you drain that number of points, they lose a charge. In effect rather than the power getting gradually weaker, the number of uses reduces. I would call that a +0, probably, although arguably it is a limitation worth quite a bit:

Example: a 60 points Blast with 12 charges. Drain 30 points, it is then EITHER a 30 point Blast with 12 charges (which will probably be functionally useless) or a 60 point Blast with 6 charges (which retains a lot of power).

OK, call it -1/2 and we are good. That would also work, in reverse, with increasing the number of charges.

Well, I say 'good' - still not ideal as the points will return, but I'd need to know more about the logic of it to make a better suggestion.