CONTINUUM: Anyone watching?

mallet

Anyone watching this new Sci-Fi tv series?

First episode was just so-so, but I will give it another chance. Unfortunately in this day and age of television so-so sci-fi is almost the best we can hope for.

Funny thing about this show is, it is almost exactly the same as a Phoenix Command/Living Steel campaign I ran for a friend way back in the early '90's.

His character was a soldier in the far future who was injured on a mission and after being healed (with some cyber and genetic upgrades) was placed on garrison duty, guarding a scientific research station until he was approved for active duty again.

He had no idea what the scientists were working on since he wasn't allowed into the building, but when a terrorist group attacked he was one of the only soldiers to survive the initial assault. He followed the terrorists into the building and discovered that the scientists had developed a time machine.

The terrorists had already initiated a time jump into the far past and if they weren't stopped the future would be changed for ever. So the player was the only one close enough and with the necessary skills to try and stop them/hunt them down in the past and kill them, so he jumped in, knowing that it was a one way ticket and he could never return.

Back in time (to our present (well, near future)) he only had the gear he had on him to use to slowly track down the terrorists and stop them from rewriting the future. Once he ran out of his limited ammo for this gun, it would be gone for good. He would have to rely on modern weapons, not his super advanced gear. No resupplies here. If his armour ever got to badly damaged it would be unrepairable, etc...

It was a good, fun campaign. We both still think it was one of the best ones we've ever played/run, and we've been roleplaying for 25+ years now.

But if I had know I could have adapted it for a tv series and made some money off of it, I would have done that 20 years ago...

• 2 months later...