Help me populate a low level champs / pulpish / horror-mystery setting

薔薇語

Tittle says it all, I think.

Just in general, I am trying to get more and more ideas for PCs and NPCs alike for a low level modern fantasy style game. Because it isn't all that genere specific, so I was thinking that posting it in the general forum would be best.

There are no hard n' fast build guidlines other than have fun. That said, though, maybe try and get the PC oriented characters around 225 pts (225/25complication). That is how I built Jeremiah. And I think the standard rules for Heroic level characters would be best (don't have to pay for ordinary equipment but special equipment needs to be paid for). Let dramitic sense prevail in consideration, too. :)

Likewise, villain or mooks would be good too. I like the villain build that MisterVimes has underway and think it would be a good fit: The Crimsom Emperor. I likewise have a work in the pipes with the *name* Sisters

Any input is appreciated. Even if you don't want to do character write ups, good ideas would work, too. I can always work on a write up (or some other industrious person here can).

Anyway, I look forward to any and all collaboration and help.

La Rose.

Re: Help me populate a low level champs / pulpish / horror-mystery setting

I think I'll wait on some back-story. Champs, pulpish, horror mystery.. yup that's got me mystified already. Any books, films or shows you're using for inspiration? Might help set the tone and milieu a bit.

Hi Rose,

Wooohoooo i love the coming up with idea's / concepts.

I've got a few question though.

1. What's the "world / setting" like?

2. How "normal" would magic be considered in this modern setting? Does the population know of its existance? Or is it more the secret society ish types that know about it?

Cheers,

Well, to be honest, I was trying to not add on too much in the way on constraints because I don't want it to stunt any creativity. So, take everything that follows with a grain of salt because if I every run a campaign with the characters here, I am more than capable of 'adjusting to taste'.

But my generally preferred style of campaign in these regards is generally something akin to Rifts: Beyond the Supernatural. The creeping darkness of fear and dispare looms everywhere. And while many of come to know of it, it is forcibly denied in the public realm by the authorities that be. But no amount of denial can erase the existence of demons and dark lords, sorcerers and psychics, etc. And while magic and such exist in the world, strong traditions and robust foes hold users at bay; at least on its flamboyant usage. The PCs come to learn of the world around them; be it from a horrible encounter that leaves them scared (Cthulu - horror) or from a personal awakening (Beyond the Supernatural, Urban Fantasy).

I would generally expect any kind of strong magic to be hard to get 100% right and take time to do. Street magic being available, but not impossible to overcome. And while Demons and Devils exist, their impact on the world is still in the shadows because concerns about reprisals. Ancients knew such things exist - our legends are really accounts of reality. But it was precisely because they knew that they were able to muster up forces against such foes. Magic users - at least those of considerable strength also keep an internal balance. Some try to keep their existence a secret to protect their personal ambitions, while others do it to protect humanity from the wretchedness of the real world. And psychics are more likely to be tormented than treasured.

Mechanically I would imagine something in lines with KillerShrike's HERE THERE BE MONSTERS, RIFTS: Beyond the Supernatural, and the variety of Cthulu games. Likewise, I think that ShadowRun is far to High Fantasy.

General schematics for HERO:

PC HEROes can run a large gamut from standard humans to probably the top end of HEROic of 300pts (300/50comp). Jeremiah, for example, is sitting at 225 - and that is where I would imagine starting PCs at if I ran such a game.

Keeping to that, I think the following ranges wold be in keeping with the setting in my mind:

Char - Normal Characteristic Maximum and Normal Skill Maximum being used. CHAR are probably from 10-20.

Speed would be around the 2-4 range.

OCV and DCV in the 4-9 range (even after accounting for Martial Arts n' such).

Damage values probably not getting much above 9 or 10 (in this case, I would probably have to lower Jeremiah's Defenses to keep in character with the setting).

Active point caps probably wouldn't exist, but trying to keep a sense of scale would be good.

Low Magic: 1-20 active points

Mediocre Magic: 20-35 pts

Moderately Strong Magic: 35-50

Strong Magic: 50-70

Upper bounds: 70-90.

But we all know that some things can have generally low effect but high Active point costs and vice versa.

I hope that gives people a better foundation for what is going on in my head. But everything can change if people have a good idea that doesn't quite fit. And it isn't like I'm a GM looking for PC submissions, I'm not going to grade your work for game balance. I'm just looking forward to see creative people be creative. ^^

La Rose.

Crossposted from Susano's "Song Based Character" thread. Also it's 5th Edition, maybe I should update it.

“Uh oh – as if actually discussing the possibility that we're up against a vampire weren't surreal enough, here comes that crazy poet.”

The group looked up to see it was so. But before anything could be said, the mysteriously smiling poet held up his sketchpad and arrested their attention. It displayed the very man, if man it was, that they sought, standing at an intersection with the names on the street signs clearly visible.

“This should be helpful – in more ways that one,” said the subtly musical voice with its hard to place accent.

Before their eyes the picture moved and changed, as the thing they knew only as Mr. Rice crossed the street...

Mystery Man AKA Haile DuBois

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

11 STR 1 11- Lift 114.9kg; 2d6 [2]

14 DEX 12 12- OCV: 5/DCV: 5

13 CON 6 12-

10 BODY 0 11-

13 INT 3 12- PER Roll 12-

14 EGO 8 12- ECV: 5

18 PRE 8 13- PRE Attack: 3 1/2d6

18 COM 4 13- (Yeah, he's beautiful)

3/6 PD 1 Total: 3/6 PD (0/3 rPD)

3/6 ED 0 Total: 3/6 ED (0/3 rED)

3 SPD 6 Phases: 4, 8, 12

5 REC 0

20 END -3

23 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 49

Movement:

Running: 7"/14"

Leaping: 2"/4"

Swimming:3"/6"

Cost Powers END

1 You wear sandals in the snow: Life Support (Safe in Intense Cold) (2 Active Points); Requires A Mystic Skill Roll (Modify by Temperature Category, not Active Points; -3/4)

2 Building a Mystery: Change Environment: Sanctify 1" radius, -1 to Necromancy and Demonology rolls, Time Delay (+1/4), MegaScale (1" = 10 km; +1/2), 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Season (+1) (14 Active Points); Window Of Opportunity (once per Month; window remains open for 1 Week; -1 3/4), Extra Time (20 Minutes, Only to Activate, Character May Take No Other Actions, -1 1/2), No Conscious Control (Exact size, duration often less than max) (Only Effects cannot be controlled; -1), No Range (-1/2) [1 cc]

“Window of Opportunity is actually not one week out of a month; it's several days and nights scattered across the month, including always the full moon, new moon, and usually times of occult ritual significance such as solstices and equinoxes. Mystery Man isn't always aware of why a given date is significant, but he will sense when it's coming (“I'll be able to do it in another eleven days.....around noon I think....”) and know when it's here (“The hour is come....”) Building a Mystery: Sanctify is mainly meant to trigger weaknesses related to being on “holy ground” but does carry a penalty to certain skills.

8 Holding on, and holding it in: (Total: 91 Active Cost, 8 Real Cost) Suppress BOD 1d6+1 (standard effect: 4 points), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), MegaScale (1" = 10 km; +1/2), No Normal Defense (Possessing holy relic, or holy powers; +1), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Day; +1 1/2), Invisible Power Effects, Hide effects of Power (Fully Invisible; +2) (47 Active Points); Window Of Opportunity (once per Month; window remains open for 1 Week; -1 3/4), Gradual Effect (1 Day; -1 3/4), Limited Power Only vs Undead, Demons, and similarly evil occult creatures (-1 1/2), Extra Time (20 Minutes, Only to Activate, -1 1/4), No Conscious Control (Only Effects cannot be controlled; -1), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2), No Range (-1/2), Activation Roll 14-, Burnout (-1/4), Requires A Mystic Skill Roll (No Active Point penalty to Skill Roll, RSR Skill is subject to Skill vs. Skill contests (Necromancy, Demonology, or similar magic skills); -1/4), Physical Manifestation (symbol inscribed on wall or pavement, small shrine, painting, etc.; -1/4), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/4) (Real Cost: 4) plus Suppress 1d6, all Necromantic or Diabolical powers simultaneously (+2), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), MegaScale (1" = 10 km; +1/2), No Normal Defense (Possessing holy relic, or holy powers; +1), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Day; +1 1/2), Invisible Power Effects, Hide effects of Power (Fully Invisible; +2) (44 Active Points); Window Of Opportunity (once per Month; window remains open for 1 Week; -1 3/4), Gradual Effect (1 Day; -1 3/4), Limited Power Only vs Undead, Demons, and similarly evil occult creatures (-1 1/2), Extra Time (20 Minutes, Only to Activate, -1 1/4), No Conscious Control (Only Effects cannot be controlled; -1), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2), No Range (-1/2), Activation Roll 14-, Burnout (-1/4), Requires A Mystic Skill Roll (No Active Point penalty to Skill Roll, RSR Skill is subject to Skill vs. Skill contests (Necromancy, Demonology, or similar magic skills); -1/4), Physical Manifestation (symbol inscribed on wall or pavement, small shrine, painting, etc.; -1/4), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/4) (Real Cost: 4) End Cost:16

Both more tiring and more directly effective than Sanctify, this power actively suppresses the forces of evil. Fortunately it's totally Invisible and leaves the monsters baffled – if they even realize they are less powerful than before. The Physical Manifestation is usually some work of art – from graffiti on a wall to a “razor wire shrine” set up on a rooftop to a painting. If he has time he'll take extra time to get a bonus to the skill roll.

5 Building a mystery: Invisibility to Sight, Mystic and Hearing Groups (30 Active Points); Limited Power Only Vs. Undead, Demons, and occult or otherworldly beings. (-1 1/2), Only When Serving The God's Purposes (-1/2), Only When Not Attacking (-1/2), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), Restrainable (-1/2), Limited Power May only make half moves (-1/2), Requires A Mystic Skill Roll And A Stealth Skill Roll (No Active Point penalty to Skill Roll; -1/4) End Cost 6

Has saved his life more than once by allowing him to sneak away quietly....

2 Building a Mystery: Mental Defense (8 points total)

Mystery Man is hard to read

3 A prayer from your Secret God: Force Field (2 PD/2 ED/3 Mental Defense/5 Power Defense) (12 Active Points); Only Works Against Undead, Diabolical or Necromantic powers (-1), Only When Not Attacking (-1/2), Only When Serving The God's Purposes (-1/2), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), Requires A Mystic Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points; -1/4) END cost 2

Some prayers are answered.....

Perks

5 You live in a church: Base

3 Builing a mystery: Anonymity

10 A prayer from your secret God: Contact (Contact has extremely useful Skills or resources, Contact has significant Contacts of his own), Spirit Contact (x2) (10 Active Points) 8-

Often a valuable source of information. And sometimes “equipment” as the Secret God may inspire the Mystery Man to craft items of power for specific limited time uses...

Talents

12 And a cross from a faith that died before Jesus came: Turn Undead

Pedantic note: I suspect the song means the Ankh. But the Egyptian religion did not in fact die until a few centuries after Jesus came. (some claim it never died, but that's another issue.)

2 You come out at night, that's when the energy comes: Rapid Healing (5 Active Points); Limited Power Only at night (-1)

10 a prayer from your secret God: Divine Favor

3 And the dark side's light: Magesight, Telescopic: +1, Tracking (11 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), Only When Serving The God's Purposes (-1/2)

Tracking on Magesight helps to spot where malevolent influinces emanate from.

3 A prayer from your secret God: Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED) (6 Active Points); Requires A Mystic Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 5 Active Points; -1), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4)

Skills

3 Cause you're working, building a mystery: Power: Mystic 12-

3 And your suicide poem: PS: Compose Poetry 12-

3 you're setting up your razor wire shrine: PS: Artist 12-

These PS skills probably won't be complimentary to his “Working” skill. However, they do make it more likely he can sell his Physical Manifestations, or that they'll be accepted as gifts.

3 You're so beautiful, with an edge and a charm: Seduction 13-

3 Give us a tantrum, and a know it all grin: Oratory 13-

3 Just when we need one, when the evening's thin: Conversation 13-

3 And choosing so carefully: Deduction 12-

3 Building a mystery: Concealment 12-

3 Building a mystery: Stealth 12-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 96

Total Cost: 145

75+ Disadvantages

5 You woke up screaming aloud Physical Limitation, Nightmares: (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)

5 Oh you're so beautiful, a beautiful focked up man Reputation: 8- (Extreme; Known Only To A Small Group)

20 you won't give up the search, for the ghosts in the halls Psychological Limitation: (Very Common, Strong)

5 But so careful, when I'm in your arms Dependent NPC (Variable – friends, lovers, innocents caught up in machinations of dark forces): 8- (Slightly Less Powerful than the PC – because he only gets involved with people who can take care of themselves)

10 And the vampires roam Hunted by creatures of the night: 8- (As Pow, Non Combat Influence, Limited Geographical Area (Not usually by day, can't enter holy ground, etc.), Harshly Punish)

15 Can you look out the window without your shadow getting in the way Psychological Limitation: Amnesia: doesn't remember clearly past the last couple of years, and is disturbed by that fact. (Uncommon, Total)

5 you strut your Rasta wear Distinctive Features: Looks like a “usual suspect” (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

5 And a smile that won't wash away Distinctive Features: Haunting smile (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

5 you feed off our fears, and hold back your tears Dependence: -20 Active Points from Affected Powers (Common: Make at least 1XPRE on a PRE attack to inspire fear or awe., 1 Day)

Total Disadvantage Points: 75

Background/History: No one knows where the Mystery Man came from, how he got title to an abandoned church, or what he's talking about half the time. Even he doesn't know who he really is, and much of what he does know - such as the Name of his "Secret God" - he will never repeat where mortals may hear. Rumors say he came from, or has traveled in, exotic lands like Jamaica, Haiti, Egypt, and Ethiopia.

Personality/Motivation: The Mystery Man is almost literally a man possessed. Haunted by memories, and by darker things deep in his mind beyond the light of (waking) memory, he is driven to combat the lurking evils he sees in his world. Guided by his inscrutable divine patron, he is a stalker of shadows, vampire hunter, exorcisor of haunted houses, bane and occasional target of monsters most people dismiss as the stuff of nightmares.

Quote: "Funny how often our monsters are actually terrified of US...."

Powers/Tactics: What powers the Mystery Man has are mostly weak or unreliable. He will almost always avoid a direct physical confrontation, instead following the promptings of intuition or of his secret God as to where, when, and how to sanctify an area and protect it from these abominations. His audience need never know that an incomprehensible but strangely moving poem recited at a coffeehouse, Egyptian heiroglyphic graffitti in an alley, and an unauthorized "art installation" in a park, are what pinned a vampire in his coffin until it could be found and destroyed. He often presents his art as gifts to people he knows will keep them somewhere in the city - indeed, he has been known to hand his work to complete strangers in the street. This makes it harder to find and destroy all the Physical Manifestations of his power.

Campaign Use: Even if the Mystery Man has tracked something to its lair and managed to, over the course of a month, stack a few successful Suppressions on top of it, he may well look around for help finishing the monster off.

Appearance: Tall, lean, bearded, and dark, the Mystery Man wears his hair in dreadlocks. He often dresses like a "hippy" or "Rasta man" or just a homeless bum, and draws a certain amount of police attention both for that and for his tendency to "hassle the straights" (his powers require him to inspire a certain amount of "fear or awe" on a regular basis to keep working. Normally he does that with things like PRE attacks from stage while reciting poetry in coffee houses, but that's not always possible....)

edit: Might as well include the file

[ATTACH]31647[/ATTACH]

“Building a Mystery” song by Sarah McLachlan. Mystery Man character by

Lucius Alexander

copyright Palindromedary Enterprises

Thanks for the Post, Lucius. Good as always.

Let me go ahead and make another contribution:

Tim the Ghost!

Quote: Tim is who I am and who I am is Tim!

Background:

Tim is a young boy with a bit of charm and youthful joy. Indeed, if it wasn't for one big thing, it'd be hard to tell him apart from any of the other young scrappers on the block. But, sad to say, Tim isn't like the other boys.

The kids at Mother Mary's orphanage had a guardian angel watching out for them - or so they claimed. It would play with them and occasionally play pranks on the nuns and fathers; much to the joy of the kids. So beloved by the kids was this angel, that they decided it had to be given a name. That name was, in true child like exuberance, simply Tim.

What the other kids didn't know, though, was that Tim wasn't a guardian Angel, but a boy; a boy with the unfortunate disposition of being a ghost. For as long as Tim can remember he has been a ghost. He doesn't know why he came to be this way. He has met others like him - or so he thinks because his memory isn't too clear - but can't seem to find anyone now.

Tim holds to his name; it is the only thing he can hold to in this world.

Motivation / Personality

Tim is generally a light hearted and good kid. Maybe because he doesn't know his origin and has trouble remember even the far off past he has been given a gift that helps ca keep him falling into malevolent anger at the world. But it doesn't stop him from feeling lonely and cut off.

He seeks to know why he is the way he is; to know who he is. But perhaps even more than that, he seeks to have a genuine friend in the world. One that knows who he actually is.

Write Up:

Player:

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]Val [/TD]

[TD]Char [/TD]

[TD]Cost[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]10[/TD]

[TD]STR[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]13[/TD]

[TD]DEX[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CON[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]BODY[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]INT[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]13[/TD]

[TD]EGO[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]PRE[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]2[/TD]

[TD]PD[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]ED[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]3[/TD]

[TD]SPD[/TD]

[TD]10[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]4[/TD]

[TD]REC[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]20[/TD]

[TD]END[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]STUN[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]12m[/TD]

[TD]RUN[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]4m[/TD]

[TD]SWIM[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]4m[/TD]

[TD]LEAP[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Characteristics Cost: 24

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]Cost [/TD]

[TD]Power[/TD]

[TD=align: right]END[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]47[/TD]

[TD]Desolidification , Persistent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (70 Active Points); Always On (-1/4), Unified Power (-1/4)[/TD]

[TD=align: right]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]25[/TD]

[TD]Invisibility to Sight and Hearing Groups , Persistent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (44 Active Points); Always On (-1/2), Unified Power (-1/4)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]5[/TD]

[TD]Telepathy 3d6, Area Of Effect (5m Cone; +1/4) (19 Active Points); Broadcast Only (-1/2), Incantations (Requires Incantations throughout; -1/2), Language Barrier (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), Sense Affected As Another Sense (Mental to Audio; -1/4), Unified Power (-1/4)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Naked Advantage: Affects Physical World (+2) for up to 15 Active Points (30 Active Points); Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4), Unified Power (-1/4)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]18[/TD]

[TD]Life Support (Eating: Character does not eat; Longevity: Immortal; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Self-Contained Breathing) (22 Active Points); Unified Power (-1/4)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Powers Cost: 115

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Skill[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Acting (Everyman) 11-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Concealment (Everyman) 11-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Language (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Lockpicking 12-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]PS: Street Urchin / Thief (Everyman) 11-

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Shadowing 11-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CK: Campaign City 11-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CK: City Sewers and Poorer areas 11-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]KS: Important people and groups of Campaign City 11-

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Sleight Of Hand 12-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Stealth (Everyman) 12-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Streetwise 11-[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Skills Cost: 24

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Perk[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Anonymity[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Perks Cost: 3 Total Character Cost: 166

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Disadvantages[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Physical Complication: I think I died - No memory of his past. (Frequently; Barely Impairing)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Psychological Complication: Lonely (Very Common; Strong)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Social Complication: Yo, yo, you're a GHOST! Frequently, Major, Not Limiting In Some Cultures[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]15[/TD]

[TD]Psychological Complication: Wants to know his past. (Common; Strong)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Disadvantage Points: 55

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Tim has skills that a thief or street urchin would because my view of him is that he probably was one, once upon a time. He doesn't know how he developed the skills and doesn't think about it much (not that they come in all that handy now), but his body still remembers.

La Rose.

The following a prelim of a skilled Hunter.

Player:

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Char [/TD]

[TD]Cost[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]13 [/TD]

[TD]STR[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]15 [/TD]

[TD]DEX[/TD]

[TD]10[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]13 [/TD]

[TD]CON[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]11 [/TD]

[TD]BODY[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]INT[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]EGO[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]PRE[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]2 [/TD]

[TD]PD[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]ED[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SPD[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]4 [/TD]

[TD]REC[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]20 [/TD]

[TD]END[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]20 [/TD]

[TD]STUN[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]12m [/TD]

[TD]RUN[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]4m [/TD]

[TD]SWIM[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]4m [/TD]

[TD]LEAP[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Characteristics Cost: 66

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Power[/TD]

[TD=align: right]END[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]18 [/TD]

[TD]I think I can stop this. : Variable Power Pool, 10 base + 40 control cost, (30 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (ONly for Dispell and Drain vs Magic / Demons; -1), Requires A Roll (Skill roll; -1/2) [/TD]

[TD=align: right][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]5 [/TD]

[TD]Your not the first to try that!: Power Defense (5 points) [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]5 [/TD]

[TD]Your not the first to try that!: Mental Defense (5 points total) [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Powers Cost: 28

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Skill[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]4 [/TD]

[TD]+1 with all Demon Hunter Skills [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]12 [/TD]

[TD]+1 Overall [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]3 [/TD]

[TD]Demon Hunter [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1) KS: Cults and Cabals (3 Active Points) 12- [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2) KS: Demons and Devils (3 Active Points) 12- [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3) KS: Myths and Legends (3 Active Points) 12- [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4) KS: Obscure texts and religions (3 Active Points) 12- [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5) KS: The Arcane (3 Active Points) 12- [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]1 [/TD]

[TD]6) KS: World Religions (2 Active Points) 11- [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7) Language: Latin (completely fluent) (3 Active Points) [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]1 [/TD]

[TD]8) PS: Demon Hunter (Everyman) (2 Active Points) 12- [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Acting (Everyman) 12- [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Breakfall 12- [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Bribery 12- [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Charm 12- [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Climbing (Everyman) 12- [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Combat Driving 12- [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Computer Programming 12- [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Concealment (Everyman) 12- [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Conversation (Everyman) 12- [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Deduction (Everyman) 12- [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Demolitions 10- [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]0 [/TD]

[TD]Language: English (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points) [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Language: German (completely fluent) [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Lockpicking 12- [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Mechanics 10- [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Paramedics 12- [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Persuasion (Everyman) 12- [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Security Systems 12- [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Shadowing 12- [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Sleight Of Hand 12- [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Stealth (Everyman) 12- [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Streetwise 12- [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Skills Cost: 87

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Talent[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]12 [/TD]

[TD]Combat Luck (6 PD/6 ED) [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]17 [/TD]

[TD]Danger Sense (self only, out of combat, Function as a Sense, Intuitional) 12- [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Talents Cost: 29 Total Character Cost: 210

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 10

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

I need to work more on this character's background and motivations. Once I get that, I can tweak the character to fit. General image currently is a of a man who has made hunting that which goes bump in the night a career. Although he isn't a mage or anything like it, he has learned a few tricks for stopping or weakening the various 'things' out there. Of course every demon is different, so he has to keep his options open. I represented this with a VPP that is dedicated to only drains and dispels. He can switch them up as the situation call, but it is hard for him to have the readied supplies or ability to do more than one at a time. This is why I like setting his personal quote to "Sometimes a Colt 45 is the best way to get rid of a Demon." The Power and Mental defense are just showing off that he has experienced a lot and his mind and body is starting to get the hang of countering the stuff that comes at him. The Danger sense is more of a "something doesn't feel right" thing that is informed with experience than a Spidy Sense.

Any thoughts?

La Rose.

• 2 weeks later...

Been awhile since I could get around to writing anything up for this, but I finally got one more.

The Forgotten Man *inspired by the other thread.

Background / Quote / Motivations

Tom hasn't always been the forgotten man. Indeed, he was a rather normal kid. He loved hanging out with friends and was very active in his schools theater. Everything from set design to leading roles. But for a kid that had everything going for him, he always felt a little different. But it was in his first major production outside of school that Tom came to realize how different he was.

All was proceeding nicely on his finally breakthrough as the lead act in his first play, at least until it was over. He broke the first big rule for theater actors: never read your reviews. One review after another jumped out at him. Each one more critical than the last. Tom began to suffer a deep depression over his skills. This only further pushed his stage presence to all time lows. Finally he became a home body who didn't dare leave his house. For a man who had built his life on his public appearance he wanted nothing more than to be invisible. Then, then it happened. People stopped coming to see him. People stopped writing or calling him. Indeed, even his parents lost contact.

At first he didn't know what was happening. He eventually tried to make contact with his family and friends but no one seemed to recognize him. Thinking him a stranger, they treated him but as a simple madman. No one, and absolutely no one could seem to remember him. Had it not been for the various records of his existence - at least until he performance, there would be no proof that he ever existed.

Given his condition, Tom has taken to trying to make a life for himself in the city. The benefits of never being remember are that no one is too bothered if he takes a little here and there.

---------------

Tom is the forgotten man. He has never met anyone who could remember him. Nor has he ever met another like him - well, he probably wouldn't remember if he had in the first place. All he knows is that he wishes to be seen and he will do whatever it takes to be on stage once again - because for a man with no press, even bad press would be good.

---------------

Quote: "The world will see me shine again!"

Character sheet

[TABLE=width: 0]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]The Unknown Man[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Val[/TD]

[TD=align: left]Char[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Points[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Total[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Roll[/TD]

[TD=align: left]Notes[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]10[/TD]

[TD=align: left]STR[/TD]

[TD=align: center]0[/TD]

[TD=align: center]11-[/TD]

[TD=align: left]HTH Damage 2d6 END [1][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]12[/TD]

[TD=align: left]DEX[/TD]

[TD=align: center]4[/TD]

[TD=align: center]12[/TD]

[TD=align: left][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]CON[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]BODY[/TD]

[TD=align: center][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]15[/TD]

[TD=align: left]INT[/TD]

[TD=align: center]5[/TD]

[TD=align: center]12-[/TD]

[TD=align: left]PER Roll 12-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]EGO[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]PRE[/TD]

[TD=align: left]PRE Attack: 3d6[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]3[/TD]

[TD=align: left]PD[/TD]

[TD=align: center]1[/TD]

[TD=align: left]3 PD (0 rPD)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]ED[/TD]

[TD=align: center]1[/TD]

[TD=align: left]3 ED (0 rED)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]SPD[/TD]

[TD=align: left]Phases: 4, 8, 12[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]REC[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]20[/TD]

[TD=align: left]END[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]STUN[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]12"[/TD]

[TD=class: small, align: left]Running[/TD]

[TD=align: center]12m[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]4"[/TD]

[TD=class: small, align: left]Swimming[/TD]

[TD=align: center]4m[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]4"[/TD]

[TD=class: small, align: left]Leaping[/TD]

[TD=align: center]4m[/TD]

[TD=align: left]Total Characteristics Cost: 37[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2][TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD]Cost[/TD]

[TD=width: 100%]Powers[/TD]

[TD]END[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]32[/TD]

[TD=align: left]Who?: Invisibility to Sight, Hearing, Smell/Taste and Touch Groups , No Fringe, Persistent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (79 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Only prevents memories of character from being formed; -1), Always On (-1/2)[/TD]

[TD=align: left]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]27[/TD]

[TD=align: left]Ever get that eery feeling?: Invisibility to Mental Group and Danger Sense , No Fringe, Persistent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (40 Active Points); Always On (-1/2)[/TD]

[TD=align: left]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Skills[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]3[/TD]

[TD=align: left]Acting 12-[/TD]